Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default MOSG2 (or anyone with operatives)... how do you run your operatives?

@Mosg2 - I've just started up 4 Agents and the whole energy management is kicking my butt right now. I've been running my 4 sentinels and the "popsicle" method works really awesome, but with the agents its not so intuitive. I've got my own ideas, but I have a feeling that you've already mastered the operative setup.

Specifically, I'm looking at the setup you posted and I noticed that you send 'Space -> all' in your DPS spam prior to all the DPS quickslot keys... doesn't that break everyone out of cover before they can use the ability?

@Anyone else - If you've got a killer Agent/BH/Commando/Smuggler setup, please share it.

Thanks to all of you forum contributors for making boxing seem easy for people like me!

My latest problem is trying to incorporate follow into my DPS spam mapped key. I simply can't find a way to do it. I've tried having follow go first and last... I've tried splitting up my DPS spam into multiple steps. The result is always the same, the toons will follow but they won't actually perform any of the DPS abilities.

Has anyone been able to incorporate follow into your DPS spam? It is just combersome to have to call follow separate from DPS during a battle.

I cant remember complicated situations for which I'd need a constant follow during the fight. What I do is:

1. Find good position
    2. Start fight (1 DPS key)
    3. Press Space -> all
    4. Press Follow -> all

The DPS key depends on the build. I have marksman / engineer hybrid build which is very easy to manage except for the Series of Shots. I once had 3 DPS keys:

- all attacks in an prio-order except for SoS
    - SoS
    - the non-resource costing default attack

I added alert.wav to the first 2 steps. After some seconds IsBoxer beeps the alerts which reminded me of switching to a different attack.

However now I switched to ~30s rotation for which I only need to spam one button. The rotation is not perfect and I may have 15% DPS loss compared to the perfect rotation and maybe 10% loss compared to a solo player.

You can ignore my post I guess. I mixed operatives with snipers. For operatives I guess you need the follow in between because they are melees. 4-Boxing melees in SWTOR is probably not very convenient, is it?

Btw. when I play my operative (solo) I never ever use cover unless I need to fight in a distance because the main attacks for lethality operative can be used w/o cover and consume already many resources.
    Last edited by balrog78 : 04-03-2012 at 12:26 PM

It's ok... I actually went with 2 ops and 2 snipers for my group so the sniper setup is great! Can you link a torhead skill tree of your sniper?

Im thinking of doing a similar setup where my DPS spam is timed somehow to manage the energy. Then you can manually use your good DPS abilities which require a lot of energy as needed or during emergencies. Once we get target dummies and logging, I'm sure that we will all be able to max out our DPS!
    Last edited by Riiker : 04-03-2012 at 04:54 PM

My 4x Operative team is beast. Once you get ~11 points in you can just spam Lacerate, Fragmentation Grenade, Shiv and Backstab and you'll never run out of energy.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    My 4x Operative team is beast. Once you get ~11 points in you can just spam Lacerate, Fragmentation Grenade, Shiv and Backstab and you'll never run out of energy.
    Mosg2 - can you link a torhead skill tree for your operatives as they are now? Also, I'm on Rakata mind prison with my agents... do u or anyone else from legion of doom still play?

mosg, i haven't seen you on in AGES, and you haven't been on skype, either. I miss you, and I haven't been playing my OPS until you come back and play with me! hehehe

-Dan

Thanks balrog, that's really great info. That article was awesome.