Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Post Interrupt rotation

Hello all.

I run a two man setup and was wondering how you all run interrupts. I have a round robin approach but it doesnt feel very responsive.

Looks like this:

Actions
    <Target Slot 1> -> 2
    F6[target my target] -> 2
    Interrupt ->round-robin: all

Amy ideas to make it more responsive?

I could never really get mine to work either. I finally just bound them both to the same key and spam it when I need an interrupt - if one is on cooldown, the other one maybe isn't. Not really a good system, but I could never get the round robin to work.

Yea, I end up spamming the thing anyway. I've even had seperate interrupt keys before now. I guess ill make a spammage key and use the standard bound keys first time to offset the cooldowns. Not ideal though.

In Cata it hasn't really been necessary to do alot of interrupts. I ignore most casts, use only my tanks interrupt.

Only time I try interrupts is on bosses with a big knock-down attack. Those are so annoying, it is nice to interrupt them if you can (some are not interruptible )

Quote Originally Posted by OldRod_KS View Post
    Only time I try interrupts is on bosses with a big knock-down attack. Those are so annoying, it is nice to interrupt them if you can (some are not interruptible )
    I've actually managed it. I simulated a round robin by having an interrupt spam button that calls two interrupt maps (for each character).

Taking a leaf out of Rikers book I then had one of the interrupts set to state off in my initialisation file.

Each interrupt keymap has a second step that triggers a keymap that turns itself off and the other on.

TO make it reliable i had to put a 1sec delay on ONE characters interrupt state changes so they didnt get all confused.

End result....I hit q and i get an interrupt form character A. Next time I hit it (no matter how long) the interrupt comes from character B.

That seems a little more complicated than it needs to be. Have you tried using multiple steps and sending the interrupt key to slot 1 in step 1, slot 2 in step 2, ect? If you set the "do not advance for xxx seconds" box to like 1.5 seconds, then you press q it will only go to slot 1 for 1.5 sec then if you keep pressing it will go to slot 2 for the next 1.5 sec. Don't click on the "trigger only once" box and this should do it for you. That being said, if what you got right now works... Don't change it.

nm..wrong game
    Last edited by Lyonheart : 04-07-2012 at 11:16 PM
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthae View Post
    Interrupt ->round-robin: all
    Ive tried to get that round robin function to work, but it just sends the key to all at the same time. Might just be a SWTOR thing. The only way I can get any type of round robin to occur is by using multiple steps.
    You better Trek yourself before you wreck yourself!

You should make sure each interrupt keystroke is in its own step, with an advanced setting to not go to the next step for 0.2 seconds and only click once.

Next, set the primary to reset after 5.0 seconds, as most interrupts are 10 seconds.

Then, start with your ranged interrupts. Range gets priority because well..they are ranged. They will get there before melee.

Melee should be last as it takes them time to get to a target. I run DK/WAR/SHM/HUNT/HUNT and the hunters are MM so they get priority on the interrupts and I usually only need them except on boss fights. You WILL need more than 2 if you are doing say, End Time and get Tyrande.

If you want it to be more creative, make a wow-side macro to [@focus] and then cast the interrupt. I wouldn't advise it on melee though. Only ranged.