Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27

@meeo - I would really really really like it if you could post your ISBoxer setup and a brief description/ video of how to use it. I'm trying to do exactly what you described and not doing too well. I know it can be more efficient.
    You better Trek yourself before you wreck yourself!

Default New Duo

I'm coming from running a six-man on an EQemu server using Isboxer. Started playing swtor last week and just went out and grabbed my second copy of ToR to give 2boxing a run.. I strictly PVE and wanted to get some feedback on a good duo to smash content (most content) and have a blast - not really concerned about being able to waltz through 4+ heroics at level or anything, but maybe right before they grey out.

On my first account, I've leveled a few classes into the 20's: Sith Inquisitor/Sorc, SI/Assassin and a Jedi Sentinel. I was leaning towards rolling another Sentinel on my new account to pair with my first. Is that a viable set up? From what I've read here, I might be best served by running two of the same class. I don't mind doing content twice for class quests.. I think it would be awesome with 2xKira to see all those lightsabers tearing things up. Has anyone tried two sorceres.. Or two Assassins?

Based on what I am seeing so far, a duo should be able to handle most content. I'm really curious on what you guys have experienced and had the most fun using.

Thanks for any feedback!

Two sentinels will be good until around lvl 25 then they'll be ok but then around 40 you will absolutely kick butt! Especially using the tank companion. Kira won't help as much b/c she is DPS just like the sentinel. I think the tank companions are really usefull for the DPS class.

You might have better success with a sage/ guardian team with DPS companions for a more well rounded team.

I know you were asking ppl to speak from experience, but you should know that I've only 4 boxed this game. I do have a 4x sentinel team though.

Awesome! Thanks Riiker. I will give a same class duo a run for a little while then switch it up. Seems like it will be easy to line up all the actions, stagering things like stuns to keep mobs on lockdown.

You might also consider an assassin/operative combo. That way you can tank/heal or DPS/DPS or a some other combination. Also, you'll get stealth and can skip past the vast majority of mobs that everyone else has to slog through.
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

I like multi-boxing. I've always done it that way since UO, EQ days and I always though it was only way to play MMO.

My setup is straightforward. I have 1 complete computer for each account I play. so when I play

2-box, I play with 2 pc, 2 monitor, 2 keyboard, 2 mouse.

When I 4-Box, I play with 4 PC, 4 monitor, 4 keyboard, 4 mouse.

in SWTOR, I've 2-boxed all 4 sets of base imperial class to 50. Here is my experience.

Powertech + mercenary - First set, and strongest combo. TONS of CC, great AOE makes leveling as well as Heroic 2 super easy. 99% of the times I attack from range so very little effort to play this set.

Sorcerer + Assassin - Second set. Stronger than PT+Merc set in terms of raw power. Just as much CC and AoE which makes doing everything breeze. Only second place because Assassin is melee class so there is whole lot more running in to Melee range. With Stealth, doing Heroic 2 Dailies in Belsavis is breeze.

Sniper + Operative - third set. on paper it looks very good, with CC, Heal and lot of DPS with 2 Tanking pet to soak up damage. Ended up being the most disappointing combo due to lack of easy on-demand AoE, strangely weak DPS for some encounters for some reason, and all in all, most complicated combo to play effectively. Leveling from 30 - 50 was struggle and not fun. Stealth makes up for weak combo for doing Heroic 2 Dailies

Juggernaut + Marauder - Final set. On paper it looked like total loser. I was dreading leveling and it was fairly rough until I got my healer comp (Malavi) early on. After that it was by far the easiest leveling all the way till 50. It wasn't the fastest, and there were lot more button pressing than BH set or Inq set, but absolutely solid combo with zero worries. One HUGE drawback. no CC, which makes it almost painful, to do any lvl 50 Daily Heroic 2.

Currently doing same thing on Republican side.

Future plan, 2-box another 2 account then try to do 4-box (fyi I am no longer fan of 4 box ever since I got burned out of it with WOW)

@lanceTBD - That is awesome! Have you done any pvp?