Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 27

If SWtOR is anything like WoW you will probably change your group composition several times over the years.

One thing to consider (although you probably already have)... It might be easier leveling up two groups of two than trying to do all 4 at the same time. Some of the instances throw in a ridiculous amount of adds when you have three or more in the instance. Easiest way around it is to keep all four toons in your group, but only complete the instance with your main and one of the alts.

I just did an instance for the "General Durant" Sith Warrior quest, and with a full group, it added two strongs and an elite to every pull. Like I said, ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRod_KS View Post
    Can't help with the rest of your questions... but combat training dummies are coming in the 1.2 patch, along with combat logging. Some people on the test server have come up with log parsers, but an in-game meter would be nice obviously No word on if they are working on that or not.
    I started a new thread for that: http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...g-DPS-rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot17 View Post
    From what I've read here sounds like the following group should work:

1) Trooper/Vanguard (Tank)
    2) Trooper/Gunnery (Range DPS)
    3) Trooper/Gunnery (Range DPS)
    4) Jedi Consular/Seer (Heals)

Let me know if there is a better/easier group.
    Im making a group of just like the above, but with a combat medic for the heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Riiker View Post
    Im making a group of just like the above, but with a combat medic for the heals.
    I've tested the similar setup with a Combat Medic, not to mention a combat medic being my main i ran into issues multiboxing ot as my healer. Great features but when it comes to healing a Sage is far superior. Shield + HoT on demand vs needing to Trigger another ability first then being able to Shield&HoT with your Kolto bomb is not very effective. Especially with their burst healing PVP Nerf in 1.2 it will affect their burst healing in PvE.
    Meeo/Nibilus

Quote Originally Posted by Meeo View Post
    I've tested the similar setup with a Combat Medic, not to mention a combat medic being my main i ran into issues multiboxing ot as my healer. Great features but when it comes to healing a Sage is far superior. Shield + HoT on demand vs needing to Trigger another ability first then being able to Shield&HoT with your Kolto bomb is not very effective. Especially with their burst healing PVP Nerf in 1.2 it will affect their burst healing in PvE.
    That is gonna make class quests a pain in the butt! Oh well. I'll take your word for it and run a sage asmy healer.

Actually, I really enjoy NOT having to do all my class quests four times in a row every single time. My primary group has three of the same class and it is always a relief to get to the last toon and do something different, even if it is a short run/ride away.
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurio View Post
    Actually, I really enjoy NOT having to do all my class quests four times in a row every single time. My primary group has three of the same class and it is always a relief to get to the last toon and do something different, even if it is a short run/ride away.
    Good point. The pain comes from the side quests which are kinda designed to be on your way for the class quests. Also, if you get ahead in one class quest then those side quests won't be available to the toon that is behind. It'll just take a bit of planning, but the payoff will be successfully completing those heroics and flashpoints.

Sage healer is really simple to heal as a multiboxer... I use to run a holy priest for my WoW 5-man. Basically I use have the same keyboard setup (minus the group heals which I don't have on my Sage yet). Also I second the benefit of not having all 4 of the same class in my group, as it gives you a second storyline/questline to follow... and weirdly enough I do enjoy the storylines/questlines.

My only concern with running Trooper Gunnery toons, is their potential heavy reliance on Full-Auto for thier DPS output?? I'd really rather use a toon that did not rely on a Channeled ability, though thanks to Riiker, I do have a good option to incorporate it into my setup now.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot17 View Post
    Sage healer is really simple to heal as a multiboxer... I use to run a holy priest for my WoW 5-man. Basically I use have the same keyboard setup (minus the group heals which I don't have on my Sage yet). Also I second the benefit of not having all 4 of the same class in my group, as it gives you a second storyline/questline to follow... and weirdly enough I do enjoy the storylines/questlines.

My only concern with running Trooper Gunnery toons, is their potential heavy reliance on Full-Auto for thier DPS output?? I'd really rather use a toon that did not rely on a Channeled ability, though thanks to Riiker, I do have a good option to incorporate it into my setup now.
    When your dealing with a same dps classes ie: Multiple Commandos, it would easier to setup for specific channeled abilities. Currently with my Commandos i have their Grav Round, Demo Round, and Full auto on separate buttons, when i spam those specific buttons my vanguard is still spamming his rotation, while the commandos are doing their channel. I even have my sage do Disturbance spam while doing Full Grav and Demo Rounds to add in extra dps.
    Meeo/Nibilus