This is an article I thought some of you might find interesting. It comes from the February issue of Computer Power User magazine. My apologies for not submitting this two months ago.

"The problem with KVM boxes is that all the computers need to be within a cable's length of each other. You could use virtual KVM software (sometimes called KVM over IP), which uses network connections and software daemons to let you control multiple computers with a single monitor-keyboard-mouse setup, but the problem here is that the video image to the monitor must be transmitted over the network, dramatically slowing video output--forget about playing games or watching videos. ShareMouse is sort of a hybrid KVM because it does without the "V", but you use a single keyboard and mouse, and it connects via your LAN. Intrigued?

Here's how it works. Install ShareMouse into all the Windows PC's and/or Macs on your LAN. As the computers start to "see" each other, the cursor icon on the Taskbar Tray shows a little wave around it, meaning that it has detected ShareMouse on other computers. Now grab a mouse from any of the computers and drag its cursor off the edge of one monitor; it will appear on another monitor, and the mouse and keyboard instantly start controlling whatever screen the cursor is on, dimming the other computers' monitors to help you keep track of which computer you're operating. You can control up to 26 computers this way. ShareMouse's simple drag-and-drop interface lets you arrange the position of various monitors to match your own arrangement.

ShareMouse lets you do a lot of neat tricks. If you start using any of the keyboards or mice on your desk, then you instantly regain control of the computer they're attached to. Then just roll the cursor to another monitor, and you're virtually KVMing again. You can drag and drop files from one monitor to another top copy files with ridiculous ease.

At around $25 per computer, ShareMouse isn't cheap, but the beta may convince you it is worth it."

That's the article.
Don't know for sure it it has applications for the hardware multi-boxers out there. Just wanted to share it in case it did. I built a single multi-boxing machine myself. Have yet to try it. But do remember KVM discussions here over the years. Also, as this community was always great help when I needed it, I had to take a shot in the dark for "my brethren."

Peace,
-Grail