Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Couple of Questions about coming back and using the SoR

So it has been over a year since I have played. Honestly I haven't really kept up with the game to know what classes are strong, etc at this time. When I left, pally tank, 3 mages, and 1 priest was pretty much the go to team.

My question really is, is that still the strongest or has balancing/nerfing changed things to much? If I use the instant 80s, which would be the most beneficial classes? I am used to the either using mages or shamans as the dps.

Second, it looks like the majority of folks coming back seem to going to the Zerg, is LoB not really running anymore? I am sure my toons are long removed from the guild. Server wise, how do the two compare?

thanks for any insight anyone can provide, very interested in returning....

Paladin is the easiest tank to box with. Shamans and Mages are the easiest to macro (Druids and locks the hardest), but all of them are doable. Healers are all pretty much the same imo.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Blog Entries

If your focus is PvE, I'd have a tank and healer toon.
    Just to open dungeon finder.

Tanks in order of easiness to box with: Paladin, Druid, Blood DK, Warrior.
    Healers in order of ease: Priest, Shaman, Druid, Paladin.

The Paladin/Druid are very easy to one-button mash set up to tank.
    But any tank is doable, if you drive from that screen.

Both Disc and Holy Priests rock; Disc has healing (the most hurt character) through Smite spam and Holy has a large arsenal of heals.
    Shaman has Earth Shield, which is a strong passive heal, plus all the other tools; if you don't have Heroism/Bloodlust on your team, a shaman can provide this.
    Druids usually require a ramp-up time, for the HOTs to tick, but beyond that are good too; like a priest, they're very mobile healers... check out: http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...ighlight=druid
    Paladins are very strong single target healers, but aren't very mobile and don't have that great of an AoE healing repetoire.

I really liked:
    - Prot Paladin.
    - 3x Elemental Shaman (1 dual-spec'd to Resto).
    - 1x Boomkin or Warlock.

I have both of these:
    - Blood DK
    - Disc Priest
    - Arcane Mage
    - Destro Warlock
    - Elemental Shaman

And:
    - 1x Druid (Feral Tank + Boomkin)
    - 3x Elemental Shaman
    - 1x Shaman (Elemental + Resto)

Most combos will work...

If you're interested in both PvE and PvP with your team...

Healer + 4x Frost DK's is strong.
    You could spec one blood, or all of them blood for PvE.

It looks like Ret Pallies will be a strong PvP team in MoP.
    You could have one as Holy (dual-spec) and another as Prot (dual-spec).

Melee classes are very viable.

You have an added difficulty, in that you're in melee range of a boss... so get hit by cleaves or point-blank attacks.
    But with Click to Move and Interact With Target, there's nothing stopping you from having melee on the team.
    It is very viable.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Mages are still really strong. Arcane is probably the easiest spec I've ever boxed with.
    Paladin tanks seem to be everyone's favorite, but I'd shy away from using a Paladin for healer, they use a diverse spell pool and can be tricky to try to manage of their spells + Holy Power + cooldowns/procs
    Shaman healers seem to be pretty popular and pretty easy to play in my experience, but I'd say priest is even easier.
    As far as casters go, moonkins and elemental shamans aren't as strong as they've been in the past from a PvE standpoint. Warlocks are good damage but they're a little harder to box from what I've heard unless you're playing just warlocks. Hunters are another viable option. I'm not the biggest fan of shadow priests, they do good solo, not sure about boxing.

There's a lot more players in Zerg than LoB. A lot of the LoB people went to different games from what I've learned.
    I triple box on Arthas(US-PvP) and Magtheridon(US-PvP)
    I also have solo toons on Turalyon(my main raider) and Destromath