Close
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Default Bear tanking macro?

So I'm leveling my druid, and would prefer to get him tanking to pair with other toons I have, so, the question is, what is a decent macro for tanking? Did some searching, but didn't find much, and none of it current. I'm coming at this as a total bear noob, so any other advice is appreciated...

Found this, but no idea if it's still current.

/cast maul
    /castsequence reset=3 Mangle (Bear)(), Faerie Fire (Feral)(), Lacerate, Mangle (Bear)(), Swipe (Bear)(), Faerie Fire (Feral)(), Mangle (Bear)(), Lacerate, Swipe (Bear)()
    Will that still work, or do I need something else? the bear is currently 82, but would appreciate tips for fresh 85 as well for a solid macro.

Looks like it'll work still. The way I run it is as follows.
    I always have an aoe button (3) and single-target button (2) (spell names may not be exact since I'm doing it off the top of my head)

AoE:
    /castsequence reset=combat Thrash,Swipe,Lacerate,Swipe

ST: (2-step macro)
    step1:
    /castsequence reset=combat Lacerate, Lacerate, Lacerate, Pulverize
    /cast Maul

step2:
    /cast Mangle

Then my dps all hit the same macro regardless of whether the tank is aoe or single targeting, meaning I can get more optimal threat/pickups depending on the situation.
    to explain the ST macro, Mangle will go off whenever it is available, as will Maul. any other time, the bear will stack up lacerate, then pulverize on 3 stacks of lacerate. rinse and repeat.
    I have Faerie Fire macro'd to shift-mousebutton4 and use it manually to pick up ranged adds while not changing my primary target, and thus the target the dpsers are dpsing

Alliance-Aman'thul