Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Jamba Follow

Post Jamba Follow

Hi,

i have been running a three Frost DK team with IWT and follow strobing on. This is excellent at keeping the alt toons from running off randomly in the wrong direction. (wow bug any melee boxer will be familiar with)

i have added a Healadin as the main control toon and kept the 2 alt DK's. going into battle i turn off follow strobe and spamming IWT dps keys keeps the dks on their target BUT the problem i am having is if they kill the target and there is nothing else to IWT to i need to manually stop them with a broadcast movement key.

i would like to implement two follow strobing leaders i can swap thru. First one will be my pally for general movement and the second i would like to be different for each dk and not exist on the pally. As bellow

Follow Strobe leader 1 - Pally (or current action toon if for some reason i swap screens) with 1 sec strobe
    Follow Strobe leader 2 - DK1 follows DK2. DK2 follows DK1. pally has no follow strobe. 3-5 sec strobe.

Does anyone know if JAMBA/ IS Boxer has some feature similer to this?

Alternatively does anyone know if you can IWT to a friendly player? same function could be achieved via this method.

Thank you in advance for any help offered.

Erron

There's no default action for interacting with a friendly player, so IWT won't work.

Now, I know Jamba can make each toon follow a different toon, but I don't know if that works with strobing. I only have one active account atm, otherwise I'd check.

What I was able to figure out is that you can use /swapactionbar with conditionals. So what you can do is implement a separate actionbar for use while your toons are in combat.

Note, the swap should probably only occur for the slaves. There's no need for it on the master unless you want to use it to swap follow strobing, but I've noticed that my healer often drops combat even when she's still in combat because she hasn't attacked or been attacked. This often lead her to trigger out of combat follow strobing so she'd come running up into the fray in the middle of combat. You'll want to avoid that conflict.

So what you'll have is

1. Your normal macro used to engage combat. I'm just using my tank's macro since my other toons aren't active ATM -

Code:
    /castsequence reset=combat/alt Hammer of the Righteous, Crusader Strike, Shield of the Righteous, Crusader Strike
    /swapactionbar [combat] 1 2

So you have your regular castsequence, and add a swapactionbar command, modified with a combat conditional, so once your toons actually enter combat, they will swap from the normal macro to a mirror macro on on actionbar 2. This should prevent your toons from going spastic on the way to the target.

2. In the same place on actionbar 2, you'll have a basic copy of that macro, but it'll include follow commands -

Code:
    /castsequence reset=combat/alt Hammer of the Righteous, Crusader Strike, Shield of the Righteous, Crusader Strike
    /follow party#
    /swapactionbar [nocombat] 2 1
    Where the follow setup is up to you. You can try using one of Jamba's slash commands for follow strobing or non-strobed follow with appropriate tags or using toon names or party numbers.

And when you drop out of combat {or lose a target or whatever conditional you set up}, while pressing it, it'll swap back to the original actionbar, thus going back to the normal macro. Then you can just let out of combat follow strobing kick in or use a regular follow {you can throw a /swapactionbar command in your slaves' follow key to go back to the original page if you like}.

Now, let me just say this again, I don't have any slave accounts active ATM, so it's very theoretical as it stands and may not work very well at all in practice compared to simply using a movement key.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Blog Entries

I know you said you want to use Strobe.

It is a good tool, in some situations.
    Quite a few years ago, it had some issues and I decided to drop it.

My two primary teams are melee.
    In one case, all five toons are in melee (Feral Druids) and in the other I have a healer and four melee (Pally & 4x F.DK's).

I make extensive use of IWT, and usually spam that like crazy.
    I've actually imbedded it, into my DPS spam keys, so it is automatically pressed (and very often) just by doing my DPS.
    But I can toggle that off, as it is a Mapped Key, which can be enabled/disabled (in IS Boxer) with a Key Map Action > Mapped Key State Action.

Anyway...
    Usually I spam my IWT.
    And the melee toons (they're the target of my IWT spam), circle about the target like crazy.
    I have my Follow macro bound to a mouse thumb button.
    In chaotic/hectic PvP, when I notice they've moved far away, I will target (and thus IWT) a closer target.
    You can even use a killed and lootable corpse as the target, for your IWT to bring the team in closer.
    I also have slave only movement keys, and frequently use Down Arrow to break the movement.

It isn't automatic like Strobe can be.
    But with those tools, it is very workable.
    - Enable/Disable the auto IWT, as desired.
    - Manual, not automatic IWT with a hotkey.
    - IWT a corpse or close target to bring the melee closer to the Healer.
    - A movement hot key, to stop the toons from running off.
    - A very easy to access Follow hotkey.

Use whatever approach works best for you.
    I'm just throwing another option onto the table for your consideration.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

You could just make a macro on all of your toons that does /trade [target=pallyname] with IWT on, I believe this will force your toons to move to the pally and attempt to open trade with him.

I personally have everyone follow my tank and when my rogue tries to run off I have a rogue only follow key for him.

Thank you for the responses. i primarily am trying to reduce my input overheads and distractions.

Khatovar - I use a Razer Naga Epic mouse in conjuction with a Logitech G13. I use bartender addon to visually (only) map my keys, so using any kind of bar swapping will not work with my current setup. Thank you for the tips on the Jamba / commands. i could try to write some kind of code to change how the strobe works in the two different situations. But would need some in depth research first.

Traedoril - I tried it but simply it doesnt work. i had tried many different ways around this include bandageing target macros and the like. thanks regardless.

Ualaa - After reading many of your post over the years i am honored to read one from you replying to my post. In the early days i did not use a stobe either. I actually didnt use Jamba at all. After i discovered the addon it of course made so much help. I used to box 5 UH DKs and pally heals then also. it just seemed that i would loose a toon far too regularly. Playing from Australia i suffer a high latency. targeting with my main and getting the wayward DK back to the group was very time consuming and annoying. i would have to wait for replication to the alt before i got results. Strobe does two things for me. 1. negates my latency issues 2. Takes one less thing off the list to think about.

re targeting a dead corpse + AU latency is not quick enough to stop the toon from tearing away from the group and running off cliffs etc. (its happened to all of us lolz)

From my tests so far the simplest solution seems to be working best. The original solution tailored with Ualaa advice.

IWT spam (all dps ability's) + broadcast movement keys. basically i turn strobe off when approaching combat. send my troop into battle, sending IWT commands with all DPS moves, then swooping in with my pally and picking the DKs back up on the strobe after the battle. I am trialing both a dedicated movement broadcast key, cast only when they bug and/or including a movement key broadcast into a dps rotation key bind. the former seems most effective thus far.

Unless JAMBA updates the addon to support different predefined strobe groups or Blizz lets us IWT with friendlies i think this is what i will be doing.

Thank you all agian for your advice. will update if i have future success or failure.

Erron
    Last edited by erroneousx : 03-10-2012 at 10:45 AM

Blog Entries

Within IS Boxer, the command for Strobe is:
    /jamba-follow strobeonme all

And to end Strobe:
    /jamba-follow strobeoff all

In both cases, it uses the "tag" word: "all".

Opening Jamba, within Warcraft.
    Under Team, there are four options.
    The second option is Core: Tags.

When I click on my Paladin, the tags are:
    all, justme, paladin, slave.

When I click on my DK's, the tags are:
    all, death knight, justme, master.

I assume the master/slave changes, based on who the current leader is.
    (I'm checking this with only one account launched).
    Anyway, each of your DK's has the tag: "death knight".

You could try:
    /jamba-follow strobeonme death knight

In theory, that will have Strobe activate from the window the command is given in.
    IE., that is the target who will be strobe followed.
    And in theory, you're telling only the DK's to strobe, not your healer.

Pretty sure that will work.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa