Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default First time post, Long time boxer

Hello Fellow Multiboxers,
    I have enjoyed reading many of your posts over the last several years I've been multiboxing in WOW. I've chosen to make my first post to share some about myself but to seek more direct dialog. I've created a new multiboxing platform from a sit/stand desk unit and it is working quite well. Previously I had been sitting in uncomfortable positions with no way to adjust, but the sit/stand unit while only used sitting can be adjusted an inch or two up and down to allow some adjustment to normal position. The first image is close up and the second is in full standing position (note the ceiling just above center monitor).

I currently have 3 lvl 85 teams, 5 boxing them as teams. Druid team is my primary team as it is the team that surrounds my main. The druids are all moonkin. Second is shaman team and I now know why this is so common, chain heal self balancing vs. targetted healing on druids was a dream. The third is a mixed class team from my individually leveled toons (mage, hunter, druid, spriest, pally). I also have a level 40 all hunter team and a lvl 25 all mage team.

There are 5 - 24" displays and 1 - 30" display. They are driven by 3 Win7(64bit) machines and each machine has a higher end graphics card to drive two monitors of this size while playing wow.

I enjoy playing them as teams in various PVE situations but don't do much in way of PVP other than a TB now and then. Most of the druid team run lfr's, etc on thier own to gear up so it is the most powerful team, especially since it includes my main, Bulldrid (Drenden) who has a legendary. I have run a few guild runs multiboxing BH but that is about as far as I've gone multiboxing current raid content. Most raiding I play the toons one at a time.

Would be interested to find any other multiboxers on Drenden.

Let me know what you think of the setup.

Closeup by Lantesh, on Flickr

stand by Lantesh, on Flickr
    Attached Images Attached Images

While it's always cool to see stuff like this... it would be overkill for me to multibox on a setup like this. I would never be able to pay attention to 5 (or 6) individual screens while multiboxing. Maybe I would be able to pay attention to all of the screens if I sat back far enough but... I don't know. I have been contemplating adding 2 more screens to my setup (for a total of 6) but, not for multiboxing.

Also, do you actually use the other mice and keyboards? If so, I would recommend Input Director to eliminate all of that.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

When I used multiple machines, I would keep the other keyboards and mice around just in case i needed to use them. There were times I needed to.

Forgot to add: Nice setup, I really dig it.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

I also only use the other two keyboard and mice for backup as well. Primary keyboard and mouse do all the work while multiboxing.

So many all horde boxers.

Nice setup.

Similar to the setup I'm planning, apart from going with only one pc with a CuII 7970 to run 6 monitors. How do you find having one character per screen? Hard to keep track of things at all or does the larger screen area vs 4 scaled down on one screen make it easier? Also, do you find it easier to switch characters down to the bottom middle screen when you have to or just leave them on their usual screen and switch your attention to it?

When I used fewer pc's I found the smaller windows worked as well as large full screen for keeping track of movement on all screens at once, like did a toon drop off follow while zoning. Pretty easy to catch those in either model. I don't switch lead toons in PVE so that is not a current limit.

Had this config for about a year now but would like to reduce to 1 or 2 pc's soon. More leg room under the desk if I do in this config.

Yeah, I'm pretty lost if I go alliance side. Back to newb stage for travel sucked when I tried it. All the female draenei's look cool though, would be the way I'd go.

That does look like the G15 gaming keyboard and the WoW Cataclysm MMO gaming mouse. Exactly what I am using.

I'd take a picture of my setup, but my desk is too cluttered.