Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 22

Default Basic macro that will work when master is dead?

I am having a hard time answering this myself from the sticky info.

I dual-box (play two characters only)

I use a macro like this on the slave:

/cast [@focustarget] [] Damage spell

--or--

/castsequence [@focustarget] [] reset=target Ability, Ability, Ability

That all works great while both chars are alive but if I have to switch to the slave nothing works

What would be a better setup?

I think you need to have modifiers with the @focustarget callout.

I use "[@party1, exists, harm] []" for all my macros. That way if party1 isn't targeting anything or is targeting a friendly, the spell will default to your target.
    BeerbaronBeerbaronessBeerlordBeerladyBeerprincess
    Katiebird/PinktailsBluetailsRedtailsGreentailsWhitetails
    < Ascended >
    Bonechewer US - Alliance

If you only play 2 characters and the first one dies... What is stopping you from switching screens to the second character and playing it manually?
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    If you only play 2 characters and the first one dies... What is stopping you from switching screens to the second character and playing it manually?
    I'd assume that that's what he's doing. The issue is that if he runs with focus-targeting macros, if he doesn't have conditionals within his targeting portion of the macros, it will fail to cast properly.
    < Ascended >
    Bonechewer US - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Peli View Post
    I'd assume that that's what he's doing. The issue is that if he runs with focus-targeting macros, if he doesn't have conditionals within his targeting portion of the macros, it will fail to cast properly.
    Ah, perhaps. Was assuming that the assist macro was separate and not hardcoded into everything on the action bar. Haven't boxed with macros like that for quite some time so, I don't remember.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Ah, perhaps. Was assuming that the assist macro was separate and not hardcoded into everything on the action bar. Haven't boxed with macros like that for quite some time so, I don't remember.
    It's not long ago that I did that as well, so I remember having to solve this issue
    < Ascended >
    Bonechewer US - Alliance

I do switch to the other character but all his abilities have the macro I mentioned above which means when I hit the key for that ability he does nothing.

Are you saying the way you do it is you hit one button that gets all slaves targetting the master's target and then use regular ability keybinds or macros that a single-character player would use?

Quote Originally Posted by wowunderachiever View Post
    I do switch to the other character but all his abilities have the macro I mentioned above which means when I hit the key for that ability he does nothing.

Are you saying the way you do it is you hit one button that gets all slaves targetting the master's target and then use regular ability keybinds or macros that a single-character player would use?
    If you run a FTL system (like what works out of the box with ISBoxer), you don't need to include the targeting portions of the macros.
    < Ascended >
    Bonechewer US - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by wowunderachiever View Post
    The way I do it is use ISBoxer which let's me target the lead character regardless of who I switch to.

The way you can do it is make a separate assist macro and then press that button when you want to assist to keep your other macros free of having a hardcoded assist (so they work just fine when you play that character manually).

The way I do it is use ISBoxer which let's me target the lead character regardless of who I switch to.

The way you can do it is make a separate assist macro and then press that button when you want to assist to keep your other macros free of having a hardcoded assist (so they work just fine when you play that character manually).
    Unfortunately great programs like ISBoxer is not an option for me because I use Macintosh - an no, I'm not going to buy Windows to run on my Mac with Bootcamp.

Other than being able to play each character manually is the setup you recommend the best overall for my situation? (in your opinion?)