Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: bot?i think so

Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    Please. Multiboxing pushes the line of automation and exploitation on a daily basis nobody seems to mind. Multiple actions per keystroke and macro strings are both against Blizzards ToS and are standard features of all decent boxing software.
    I don't have the energy to counter-troll you. Google "multiboxing popsicle stick" for more info. You're welcome.

ITT: stark example of moral turpitude.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

He reminds me of Shodokan's arrogant little brother...

Apatheist it sounds like you're either trolling or having a bad day. On this forum we prefer to prove factually that multiboxing is legal and not automation. This has been confirmed by blue posters after a huge amount of work from the community in ensuring we adhere to the EULA. We are also adults that don't partake in nonsensical debates that clearly offer no constructive ideas or improvements.

What you are doing is not helpful and downright disrespectful to this community.

edit: Can I please ask this thread gets locked so we can move on away from this drama thanks.
    Last edited by thefunk : 04-18-2012 at 02:51 PM

This made me think, can one set keydown and keyup macros in WoW itself? (via elaborate /macro maybe?)
    I believe this is possible in ISBoxer, but always wondered how to do it in-game.
    .[I

Quote Originally Posted by Zub View Post
    This made me think, can one set keydown and keyup macros in WoW itself? (via elaborate /macro maybe?)
    I believe this is possible in ISBoxer, but always wondered how to do it in-game.
    I know you can change which event it keys on but I don't recall seeing an option to bind both events in-game.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Blog Entries

You can do it with addons, there was an option in Macaroon.
    Or at least it was reported as an option, at one point; I never used Macaroon myself.

Someone else mentioned Snowfall, but I believe that was changing an event to register on press instead of release.

I know of no option to modify press or release events, while in game.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    I don't have the energy to counter-troll you. Google "multiboxing popsicle stick" for more info. You're welcome.

ITT: stark example of moral turpitude.

I don't understand why you find it necessary to resort to personal attacks rather than simply having a discussion? You disagree with me, I get it. Why be an asshole about it?

-Edit

Never mind. After I take a break for a while I forget what a lot of the WoW community is like.

Quote Originally Posted by Apps View Post
    Completely False statement.
    People really should learn a little bit about coding / scripting before continuing to push uneducated nonsense.
    It's not a false statement. Blizzard does not allow macro strings (they were intentionally removed by Blizzard a while ago). They also don't allow multiple actions per key press, outside of a select few instances via in-game macros.

The rule has always been one action per client, per key press. Go and ask a GM what the stance is on being able to keymap an entire rotation and interrupt sequence into a single button, predefined delays on actions, etc. Addons do this are banned.

Like I said, I'm not pointing it out because I have a problem with it. I was simply using it as an example of something that's generally considered acceptable, though it's technically breaking the rules.
    Last edited by Apatheist : 04-19-2012 at 02:50 AM

I always thought that 'keydown = assist + dps' and 'keyrlease = interact with target' with ISboxer is close to multiple actions per keypress. Would have thought that they would have to be on seperate keypresses, attack on one, interact on the other.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

The things we do with multiboxing :

Action on Keyup, Action on Keydown - No different than spamming a key twice as fast, which in my experience is a detriment to DPS and can be just as easily duplicated by using additional steps in a keymap. But if you really want to do it in the default interface it's pretty simple to do with all of 2 macros -

Code:
    /castsequence reset=4 Lifebloom, Rejuvenation, Lifebloom, Nourish, Lifebloom, Regrowth
    /console ActionButtonUseKeyDown 0
    /swapactionbar 1 2
    Code:
    /castsequence reset=4 Lifebloom, Rejuvenation, Lifebloom, Nourish, Lifebloom, Regrowth
    /console ActionButtonUseKeyDown 1
    /swapactionbar 1 2
    Simple cast sequence, a simple command to toggle the "Cast Action keybinds on key down" option off and a simple action bar swap to change it to a mirror macro that turns it on again.

It doesn't even need to be the same macro -

Code:
    /castsequence reset=4  Rejuvenation, Nourish, Regrowth
    /console ActionButtonUseKeyDown 0
    /swapactionbar 1 2
    Code:
    /cast Lifebloom
    /console ActionButtonUseKeyDown 1
    /swapactionbar 1 2
    Castsequence used on keydown, Lifebloom used on key up.

Multiple Steps in a Key - easily achieved in game

Code:
    /castsequence Spell, Ability, Debuff, Another Spell
    /swapactionbar 1 2
    Code:
    /cast Proc
    /swapactionbar 1 2
    First press uses the cast sequence and swaps the action bar to the next page. Second press casts the proc and swaps the action bar pages back.

Multiple Keys Sent Via One Keypress IE Popsicle Stick method - all keys are sent simultaneously, not in a successive order. The game decides what goes off. Can also be achieved via the default game with /click either stacked or added to a standard macro -

Code:
    /click ActionButton1
    /click ActionButton2
    /click ActionButton3
    Code:
    /castsequence Spell, Ability, Debuff, Another Spell
    /click ActionButton 3
    And for things like IWT + DPS like Valkry mentions {I am another manual user} it's nothing you can't do manually by simply putting your spam key on 1 and IWT on ` and resting your finger 1/10th of an inch over, or slapping on a keycap/penny/eraser/stick to tie two keys together.

I don't see these predefined delayed actions you mention being used or advocated anywhere here. I do, however, see people preventing certain keys from going to certain windows for round robin purposes, essentially turning off broadcasting of that key to that window. That is not a delayed action, nor is it automation. A delayed action would be you press a key once, window 1 immediately does something, 2 seconds later window 2 does something, 2 seconds after that, window 3 does something. That would be automation and is against the rules.

If you're referring to something like this, that macro is created directly in game. All it is doing is trying to trigger an on use spell off of a paper doll slot. The 0 is for the old ammo slot and it can just as easily be any slot in the paper doll, including things that don't have on use effects, like your shirt, tabard or legs, or it can be something that does have an on use effect like glove tinkers or trinkets if you want to make use of their timers to help force a cast sequence into cooldown.

Or you can simply forgo that and build the "timing" into your macro with spells like he does in the first part of his multistep for CotE, BoD and Corruption.

There is nothing wrong with duplicating actions available in game externally. It's a matter of ease of configuration. If ISBoxer and HotKeyNet and everything like that disappeared tomorrow leaving us nothing but straight broadcasting like we had with Keyclone, we'd still be able to do the same things in the game. It would just look messier and probably only mean more people would be keeping track of everything in their setup via spreadsheets.

TLDR - Just because it looks like magic doesn't mean it is. There's no automation here, so don't try to claim there is to try to make a case for automation and breaking the rules. That itself falls under the No Tolerance Policy in the rules for this community.

If some people out there are breaking the rules, they are breaking the rules on their own. Trying to throw it back on multiboxing is just flat out wrong because the vast majority of us here stay well within the rules. Blizzard gave us an inch by being so kind to us multiboxers and defending what we do nearly as much as we do. No one wants to see it taken away because someone wants to take a mile.

honeypot2011 - I'm sorry your thread devolved into this and I'm sorry I have to close it now. I was hoping this would be a discussion where people got a refresher course in the difference between botting and boxing, but instead it looks like something off the official forums.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _