Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: bot?i think so

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    definition he is botting..
    I made two statements. The first statement was separate from the second one, and simply a semantic point about his reasoning behind the cause of WoW queues. I don't see how you could find my reasoning behind whether or not it's boting to be poor, since I didn't post any.

If we're going to be pedantic, it's still boting. I'll freely admit I have a mouse macro set up to spam click the area where the dungeon finder queue pops up, so I can go get a coffee while I'm waiting and not miss the queue. Also technically boting, but who really cares? Plenty of things players do, particularly multiboxers, crosses that line. However, if it's not giving him any advantage in PvP, hurting the economy, etc, it's a fairly trivial issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    I'll freely admit I have a mouse macro set up to spam click the area where the dungeon finder queue pops up, so I can go get a coffee while I'm waiting and not miss the queue. Also technically boting, but who really cares? Plenty of things players do, particularly multiboxers, crosses that line.
    Speak for yourself, don't group other multiboxers into it.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

... any advantage in PvP, hurting the economy, etc, it's a fairly trivial issue.
    Just using this one statement to make a broader one.

In the future, I would refrain from "feeling you must admit" such comments as your previous posts, and exposing yourself as a cheat. All be it we (this community), can be harsh to one another, or the non-boxies, we do remain fairly united when it comes to any sort of ToU rule breaking. I shouldn't need to remind, nor should it be any surprise that we (this community) are very often raged against, and treated very poorly due to our own play-style, purely out of ignorance. Some members still push to defend our play-style even though debating with an overly opinionated stubborn and WRONG individual, is futile.

Point is, we get enough guff. We don't condone adding extra that, all be it may seem trivial..., at some point someone will notice, and or know, then the whole community suffers a setback, again.

A mouse repeater macro program is against the ToU. Period. Now any butt-hurt solo player can find these forums and will read your comment, just confirm his assumptions that "plenty of things players do, particularly multiboxers, cross that line."

The fact is... we don't.

Who's to say a player who abuses mouse repeater macro programs doesn't also use it for something else? Who's to say that type of individual, who's "ok" with blending the line of black and white into a grey to serve their own selfish purposes, doesn't also use other programs? .. or buy and sell gold? or more. THAT is how it hurts. Its perception and reputation.

Our reputation means more than the ability to make a dungeon queue for a video game. And lets not forget its also out of respect to all the others who have posted to battle.net forums, contacted GMs, talked to Blizz employees on the phone or in email, to help push education into how we play, to keep our play-style from being overrun by ignorance. Hundreds of contacts made... I respect those people. WE respect those people.

Now, I'll put on my douche-bag hat and say this...

Are you really so ignorant to believe that even some boxers wouldn't copy this weblink and forward it onto a Blizz GM and report you? Not to mention when you click the "I AGREE" at the bottom of the ToU, then break the rules... it makes you a liar. Why would anyone believe what is said after that?

Botting is cheating, Multiboxing isn't, there's a difference.

I made two statements. The first statement was separate from the second one, and simply a semantic point about his reasoning behind the cause of WoW queues. I don't see how you could find my reasoning behind whether or not it's boting to be poor, since I didn't post any.

If we're going to be pedantic, it's still boting. I'll freely admit I have a mouse macro set up to spam click the area where the dungeon finder queue pops up, so I can go get a coffee while I'm waiting and not miss the queue. Also technically boting, but who really cares? Plenty of things players do, particularly multiboxers, crosses that line. However, if it's not giving him any advantage in PvP, hurting the economy, etc, it's a fairly trivial issue.
    I can't figure out if you're being willfully obtuse or just having problems communicating. Your original point seemed to be that this wasn't that big of a deal because it was cheating to A) get around a lame mechanic (arguable) and/or B) very few people do it so it's not harmful (sophistry). Now you're admitting to cheating as a way to prove...what, exactly? At the risk of taking you slightly out of context, it should be obvious that WE care.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Blog Entries

Hi just to say..in hindsight and the arguments that have a arisen due to my post in the first place..i am sorry that i probably posted this in the first place ..i was just at the right/wrong place at the time to see this..and in my own nieve eyes just posted it,seeing it as ironic of a perceived bot in my eyes..and its actions..and the view of us as multiboxers ..but i didnt expect it to develop into a raging discussion..or downwould spiral into one..and i apologise..for getting this started..it was just an observation..and i am a little embarrassed its become this (..and as app above says..we get a enough stick as it is..and i hate to see multiboxers fighting among multiboxers..
    But again everyone is allowed there own opinion..right or wrong..but.if i could delete this post i would..i feel like hiding in a corner somewhere..and sorry again..
    in future..i'll probably think more before i post like this..hindsight is a blessing and a curse...lets make love not war..
    anyway...just wanted to say..

EDIT: Sorry for the grammar too,probabaly should be a few fullstops in there too unless you can read it in one long breath

Have a habit of the ... thing between...words...and sentences...or so it seems..(a little rushed typing this and need to be elsewhere..ill re-edit sometime )
    Last edited by honeypot2011 : 04-17-2012 at 03:27 PM

Don't sweat it; it's not your fault that we're a passionate bunch around here.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Blog Entries

Only time I ever get caught Cheating, In real life that is, is if I'm like , riding my horse into town, and cross a neighbors field. Even then, I tell the sheriff, my name is Ughma Ed. Hurtz and I'm from out of town. I get a warning and go back to whatever it was I was doing.

Stephen
    "You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the
    point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth
    - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin
    Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    I can't figure out if you're being willfully obtuse or just having problems communicating. Your original point seemed to be that this wasn't that big of a deal because it was cheating to A) get around a lame mechanic (arguable) and/or B) very few people do it so it's not harmful (sophistry). Now you're admitting to cheating as a way to prove...what, exactly? At the risk of taking you slightly out of context, it should be obvious that WE care.
    Please. Multiboxing pushes the line of automation and exploitation on a daily basis nobody seems to mind. Multiple actions per keystroke and macro strings are both against Blizzards ToS and are standard features of all decent boxing software.

The selective outrage over an utterly trivial issue is seems a little bit hypocritical to me. If it's not impacting anyone, have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by honeypot2011 View Post
    i am sorry that i probably posted this in the first place
    No need to be sorry. Arguments are good for you (plus it stops me from falling asleep at work).
    Last edited by Apatheist : 04-18-2012 at 03:14 AM

Please. Multiboxing pushes the line of automation and exploitation on a daily basis nobody seems to mind. Multiple actions per keystroke and macro strings are both against Blizzards ToS and are standard features of all decent boxing software.
    Where is this automation and exploitation that you claim that we all use on a daily basis? Multiple actions per keystroke and macro strings are also standard features of most decent keyboards and mice, that doesn't mean they're acceptable to use or that we use them. And last I checked, WoW wasn't the only game on the planet. There are games out there that do allow such things.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Please. Multiboxing pushes the line of automation and exploitation on a daily basis nobody seems to mind.
    Completely False statement.
    People really should learn a little bit about coding / scripting before continuing to push uneducated nonsense.

Multiple actions per keystroke and macro strings are both against Blizzards ToS and are standard features of all decent boxing software.
    Again, Completely False statement.
    Not only does blizzard allow it, they provide a means to use it in game. Type /Macro in game to learn more about it.
    Also, simply click on the link below to learn more about all the various ways you can use blizzards in game UI / macro system to make your gaming a lot more fun.

wow_macro
    Or as Khat pointed out...

The selective outrage over an utterly trivial issue is seems a little bit hypocritical to me.
    And this comment is the reason why some individuals will likely never understand. Attempting to trivializing an issue, does not lessen the fact that its an issue.

If it's not impacting anyone, have at it.
    Absurd statement. However indirect, all actions have an impact, regardless of being uneducated. Just reading these posts has an impact on people.