Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Trials and Tribulations

Hello fellow Eve players!

After 8 ½ years of World of Warcraft the time has come to try my hand at something new. I've decided try Eve Online mostly because of all the cool looking videos on YouTube!

Two days into my trial account I've been vanquished already! Was it a pirate looking for my ore? Nope. Was it another player that loves beating on aimless NOOB’s in open space? Nope. It was the character creation screen!

Seriously!

It took me a day to figure out which race and bloodline I wanted to start with (for the record I’m not even sure I choose wisely). Imagine my surprise when I actually had to create my character. Do I go with the ripped look that all miners would support or do I go with the one pack ab look that would drive the space ladies crazy? So many options... so little time left on my trial. I am not looking forward to picking my name.

I just had to have a good chuckle at my expense and hopefully you do too. If I’m lucky, I’ll play the game before the trial expires!

See you around the universe!

Not to burst bubbles or anything but to my knowledge it doesn't matter, beyond where you're going to start off etc.

They used to have it where certain bloodlines had better stats if I recall but I dont think it matters now.
    Currently running 10 miners in Eve Online.

They got rid of race traits ages ago, before they had the sexy new avatars that's for sure.

And enjoy the avatar you spent so much time working on, as you'll never see him!
    Last edited by Mickthathick : 05-29-2013 at 01:53 AM Reason: I can grammer good

Quote Originally Posted by Mickthathick View Post
    They got rid of race traits ages ago, before they had the sexy new avatars that's for sure.

And enjoy the avatar you spent so much time working on, as you'll never see him!
    IDK... I see my portraits all the time.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

"They got rid of race traits ages ago, before they had the sexy new avatars that's for sure."

Well that's encouraging to know that race is more aesthetic than anything. From my research all you have to do is train certain skills if you wish to fly other races ships.

This game is quite involved so there is a ton of reading to be done while I do the 12 beginner tutorials.

The only real difference between the 4 races is you get Racial Frigate 2 (saving you about 90m training for that race) and the start location.
    I always roll Caldari, these days, as you start very close to Jita, so it's easy to pick up all the books you need.

One other tiny difference is the 'free' noob ship you get when docking without a ship - Caldari get the Ibis, which has a 125m3 cargo bay; Amarr get the Impairor, with 115m3; Gallente get the Velator, with 135m3; Minmatar get the Reaper, with 120m3. When you want a Cyno alt, you can pop a cyno using 450 fuel (180m3) with level 1 cyno theory but train that to L4 and you only need 300 fuel (120m3) - so you can use the free noob ships with Cyno L4 as long as you're not Amarr.

Oh, and Amarr don't get the option to wear glasses - had a 3 day back-and-from with a GM trying to work out why one of my original chars couldn't pick shades to wear!