Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 31

Fixed.
    Last edited by talonness : 02-12-2012 at 10:28 PM

Quote Originally Posted by talonness View Post
    Also, forgot to mention...the party setup as swtor put it are the same vs swithcing. For example: On toon 1 window in (ops frames) shows toon 1, toon 2. On toon2 window shows same thing...toon 1, toon2. Do the ops and party frames work differently?
    Apparently, characters are sorted in the party/operations window in the order of their internal ID number (which you can't see). If you always group with the same people, you will always be in the same order. If you add someone new to the group/operation, they will be put in order according to their ID number.

Not sure if this has been asked and I cannot find. I was wondering if the follow keybinding/keymap could be a toggle switch and if so how would it be done. Essentially if you hit the key once you get SWTOR "Follow Target"...and hit it again and get movement to break. Not sure if there is a way to test the condition but would be great if could do.

Could you make a "For Dummies" guide for your variable party slot setup. I still haven't figured out a way to join Warzones without my follow/assist breaking!
    Last edited by Apatheist : 02-19-2012 at 09:05 AM

First, thanks for putting together a great setup for using variable keystrokes to change characters. My question is that although mine works fine, I really am unsure what isboxer is doing when it reads the Target Slot {SLOT} command. I know it is using the variable keystrokes we setup for each group that redefine which is the appropriate F key to use. What I dont understand is how it know which of the Target Slot 1-4 that we setup.

For example, lets say we are slot 3 (I am just using simple counting down from the top for an example) and we want all of the other characters to target me. Your example has a keymap that sends Target Slot {SLOT} to all of the other windows. So when window 1 reads that command is it pulling in the {SLOT} from the window sending the command to it? In other words it would read that as Target Slot 3 in this example?

I hope that made sense. As I said, mine work great but I always try to make sure I understand what I am doing so I can build new keystrokes.

Thanks for all of your work in putting together the for dummies setup. I certainly fall into the "dummies" category.

Laguy

I think you answered your own question. The {SLOT} is just a variable holding the slot # that was making the action. So in your example you had it correct it translates to Target Slot 3.
    It says to the other slots, hey use variable keystroke 'Target Slot 3' which is then configured with the correct F key.

Hope that helps a little.

Thank you so much for making this guide. Took me longer than it should have, but I got all three keys to work. Without this, I might still be trying. Eric

I am not finding a download link to get the guide...what am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by AzureHawk View Post
    I am not finding a download link to get the guide...what am I missing?
    The OP last edited this in 2012. Seems it has been removed. There are some tips scattered around this thread, maybe you will find some of them usefull. Seems a lot of links here and there are missing sadly.
    Last edited by WOWBOX40 : 07-30-2018 at 02:33 AM

hello, can we have the link?
    Last edited by artnitro : 03-15-2023 at 09:05 PM