I've tried googling it, and I searched here on the forum, but I cannot seem to find anyone saying they have gotten confirmation about the legality of this technique. So apologies if it has been answered in some other thread. I do see that Mercbeast uses this technique if I am not mistaken in his Mercbeast framework post.

I have found posts on the forum where people state that they have made multikey macros for healing(press on button and that selects a party member and casts heal), and since those threads are allowed to live and no moderator has posted in those threads that this is illegal, I am tempted to say it's legal.

When I was multiboxing in WOW I used this trick intensivly, ie. I press "1" and 1,2 and 3 get sent to the game window at the same time just as it would if I glued a Popsicle stick to my keyboard. In WOW I'm pretty sure there was a blue post saying it was legal to do.

I'm not planning on multiboxing in SWTOR, atleast not yet, but there are cases where this technique would add benefit to solo play, but I am reluctant to try it out in fear of being banned.

Anyone got an official answer to this? Asking here because I know I'll get an answer here before my ticket gets answered.