Close
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Showing results 51 to 58 of 58

Quote Originally Posted by daanji View Post
    I've been trying to push to 2200, however I can't seem to get past 1800 this season.
    I am full cataclysmic with epic gems so additional gear won't help.
    I've tried a few different combinations, (3s 2x Frost + Ret, 3s 2x Frost + Holy Paladin, 5s 4x Frost + Holy Paladin) and can't seem to do well.
    Currently, I am dual 2H Frost and thinking that perhaps Dual Wield would work better.

How do you use your cool downs? I wait till I select a primary target and a focus target. Once I am in range, I blow all my cooldowns. This includes

/use 10 (glove tinker, snyapse spring
    /cast Pillar of Frost
    /cast Anti-Magic Shell
    /cast Icebound Fortitude
    /cast Raise Dead

For my focus target, I try to harass them with strangulate and death grip to break their casts.

For my kill sequence, cast

/cast Empower Rune Weapon
    /use 13 (one use strength trinket)
    /cast Outbreak

Then I use Obliterate + Frost strike to force a kill.

This works 65% of the time, but I tend to lose against the better teams.

Rogues tend to peel my DKs like crazy as do Frost Mages, so my DPS is weakened.
    Rogues, Mages, Ferals, and locks CC my Holy Paladin so his heals are useless.
    If my partner is Ret, he is basically a glass cannon.
    Ferals bleed cause me to die fast.

Rogues, Fire Mage, Holy Paladin is impossible to win against.

Arrgh.
    I capped out at 2400 this season (not in 5's). Just keep at it. Also oblit is worthless against non cloth targets.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Is it only me that think QUAD boxing BG9 (Bloodlust battlegroup) is tough as shit? Or is it just plain bad luck lolol So many premades left and right. Maybe something I don't know. Stopped playing wow for 8 months. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Keptoknight View Post
    Is it only me that think QUAD boxing BG9 (Bloodlust battlegroup) is tough as shit? Or is it just plain bad luck lolol So many premades left and right. Maybe something I don't know. Stopped playing wow for 8 months. Anyone?
    All battlegroups were merged together around the time that Cataclysm was released. Arena is the only ladder that wasn't merged. This means that "BG9" means absolutely nothing because you're playing with everyone from your region (e.g. North America).

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    All battlegroups were merged together around the time that Cataclysm was released. Arena is the only ladder that wasn't merged. This means that "BG9" means absolutely nothing because you're playing with everyone from your region (e.g. North America).
    I didn't know that either :|

BG 9 means a lot actually at least for 3's (competition wise and queues 2300+ throughout the season). But BG won't change the difficulty overall at least for the 5's bracket since it is basically the same thing... zerg and pray for a lot of comps or some gimmick. BG9 would actually be easier to achieve 2200 due to far more activity in both 3's and 5's and you can legit GRIND it out.

Also Mirai cross realm is done by datacenter from my experiences. When playing on SBurn I never once faced a team from bg9 or cyclone only mid west datacenter servers like manno, mag etc or EC servers like KT (i played against chris, zilea, nuvos etc in 5's on their stream)

Also you have to wait 5+ mins to queue against someone cross BG (or they have to have been waiting that long). So queue times are much shorter on BG9 in comparison to other places.

I personally just moved to Tich to play on BG9 for the queues. On Sburn 3's and 5's queues sucked... 20 min 5's queues 2300+ just to play 1900 teams, and 10-15 min 5's queues to not play anyone 2200+.
    Last edited by Shodokan : 09-10-2012 at 09:20 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    BG 9 means a lot actually at least for 3's (competition wise and queues 2300+ throughout the season). But BG won't change the difficulty overall at least for the 5's bracket since it is basically the same thing... zerg and pray for a lot of comps or some gimmick. BG9 would actually be easier to achieve 2200 due to far more activity in both 3's and 5's and you can legit GRIND it out.

Also Mirai cross realm is done by datacenter from my experiences. When playing on SBurn I never once faced a team from bg9 or cyclone only mid west datacenter servers like manno, mag etc or EC servers like KT (i played against chris, zilea, nuvos etc in 5's on their stream)

Also you have to wait 5+ mins to queue against someone cross BG (or they have to have been waiting that long). So queue times are much shorter on BG9 in comparison to other places.

I personally just moved to Tich to play on BG9 for the queues. On Sburn 3's and 5's queues sucked... 20 min 5's queues 2300+ just to play 1900 teams, and 10-15 min 5's queues to not play anyone 2200+.
    The second sentence of my post:
    And you're right, cross-realm zoning is done by datacenter, but that has nothing to do with my reply to Keptoknight and wasn't even active on live realms at the time of my reply.

I think this was just a basic misunderstanding....

BG9 still has a reputation in arenas as the largest and most active. BG9 means nothing in regards to random battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Tire View Post
    I think this was just a basic misunderstanding....

BG9 still has a reputation in arenas as the largest and most active. BG9 means nothing in regards to random battlegrounds.
    Indeed it was

I didn't see the post talking about premades left and right >_>

My bad.