Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default back to my Addiction with a new computer

So after playing WoW on off with just one toon, i finaly got the money for a new computer, as the old one got a bit laggy when playing 5 toons after cata.

But any way the new one looks like this

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K - 3.5 GHz ( Ivy Bridge )
    MOB:SABERTOOTH Z77 ( Ivy Bridge )
    RAM:Kingston DDR3 - 1600MHz - 16GB(4 x 4GB)
    GFX: Gainward GeForce GTX 690 (4 GB)
    HDD:OCZ Vertex 3 Series 60GB SSD/Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB
    Power supply :SilverStone ST1000-P 1000W (modulær)

All build in to a Cooler Master HAF X Black

I realy hopes this will do well for me as a 5 boxer

New computers are always fun, especially when the last one you owned is showing its age. Just a few things to point out...

Quote Originally Posted by alkafir View Post
    GFX: Gainward GeForce GTX 690 (4 GB)
    The 690 is a dual-GPU card, and it might not play nice with multiboxing because of that. You'll most likely be okay, but the recommendation for multiboxing is to always get a nice beefy video card with a single GPU rather than going with SLI. You can turn off SLI on that card if problems arise, but you're only able to use half of the card then.

Also, if nVidia partners are following suit from the last generation of cards, that's only got 2GB per GPU and it isn't additive. It's such bullshit marketing that they do that.

HDD:OCZ Vertex 3 Series 60GB SSD/Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB
    Which drive is the game going to be on?

That 60GB SSD might be cutting it close if it's going to be the OS drive and the WoW drive. I also wouldn't put any games on a WD Green drive seeing as they run at 5400 RPM and you'll feel the lag. If there's still time you should opt for at least a 120GB SSD for the OS/Game drive and use the WD Green for storage of... music, movies, and whatever else.

Did not know about the GFX card, nice to know if it starts acting wierd, thanks :-)

The idea atm , intill i get some more $ , is to put WoW on the ssd drive and OS on the other, then later get a SSD drive for the OS and keep the WD for storage, i am afraid its to late to change the order , but ill get a nother drive later this year

You could probably 10 box on that. Your processor is better than my new computer and I 5 box with 0 slowdowns, even tried 5 boxing with 5 additional windows open and had no problems there.

Except for what MiRai brought up. Maybe another 60GB, one for OS and one for game.

I run the ASUS GTX690. 15 boxing, no problems at all with the card
    DARKSPEAR Alliance <Legíon of Boom>
    30 BOX DEATH DEALER. Win:Win

Got the rig now , and its running like a dream, with 5 accounts on ultra, i get capped at 60 fps due to Vsync in Ogrimar.
    Got to try and turn Vsync off when i get home

Got the rig now , and its running like a dream, with 5 accounts on ultra, i get capped at 60 fps due to Vsync in Ogrimar.
    Got to try and turn Vsync off when i get home
    DX9 or DX11?

Dx11
    I do not believe you that you're running 5 clients (all on Ultra and in full resolution) in DX11 and you're getting a solid 60FPS.

Below is an old screenshot that I took last year (same hardware I have now). The CPU is maxed out and the GPUs (580s in SLI) have throttled down because they're at max VRAM (all windows in 1920x1080) and are swapping textures with the SSD. You can see I'm sitting at ~21FPS with 5 clients on Ultra and the game was far from playable (very choppy and erratic framerate). 5 game clients on the High preset produce almost the same results for me.

You dont have to worry its not in full ressolution , its on one of the preset screen setups from isboxer, so its far from full resolution , i have a screen set up with one large on the top of the screen and 4 small below. just forgot to add this first , i dont know i guess i just thought that was a normal way to do it