Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 20 of 20

Quote Originally Posted by Smedbox View Post
    Why would you need click-to-move? Aren't all your characters on top of each other anyway, and therefore within range of the NPC/corpse as well?
    CTM+IWT is why melee are so good in WoW, it makes it so that when you are out of range to IWT you will auto move ( via CTM ) to the target and interact with it. Its the combo of the two that make playing melee types better/easier. Yes, IWT by itself is huge plus and a great addition.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Ah, I believe DAOC had /stick which would let you melee (possibly WAR as well), but I don't do melee in other MMOs because it's virtually impossible to melee moving targets. I never used melee in WoW either, only ranged (except for the main).

I use IWT only for NPC interaction and looting, and for that purpose you don't really need CTM. But what is really like with this and looting is that it does AoE looting with a single click, for your whole team.
    Team 1: 7x60p80 Clerics + 3x60p60 Mages (Legio IX)
    Team 2: 5x60 Clerics + 5x60 Rogues
    Team 3: 10x60 Warriors

I've been just using target of target setting and using target/follow macro to align to main. If I'm reading correctly, you have an assist and an interact buttons and use both to IWT. New to the macro language in RIFT, so can you confirm that is simply /assist and /interact macro language? I tried a /interact in basic chat window and it didn't do anything and clarified it wasn't recognized. Maybe has to be in macro to work. I'm enjoying the clerics, but w/o IWT, really painful to quest. Though RIFTing, if you will allow the term, has been quite productive grind but feel questing would increase leveling speed if it wasn't so painful w/o IWT. Thanks for any guidance here.

The /interact command will interact with your current target, so you need to assist first to get all characters target the same target as your main. You can test it with just one character by selecting an NPC and typing /interact. So whatever you do to get all your characters to cast a certain spell on an enemy, use the exact same technique to /interact.

EDIT: But yes, you need to stand within range. Same range as to be able to right-click on the NPC.

I use the exact same resolution on all my characters, so the UI matches up perfectly for all characters. That means that I can easily broadcast mouse clicks to select quests, turn them in, select reward, close the dialog, or even select a teleport destination at the porticulum NPC. In my case, I broadcast mouse clicks when holding down the ALT button. So regular mouse clicks are just local to the current character, but as soon as I ALT+LeftClick or ALT+RightClick anywhere on the screen, it will click the corresponding mouse button for all my characters at that screen position.

IWT and mouse click broadcasting makes questing a breeze.
    Last edited by Smedbox : 04-26-2012 at 07:53 PM

I tried an /assist button and /interact button last night. If I use mouse broadcasting to select the target the /interact works now. But would appreciate clarification how you are doing the /assist function as macro button with that command doesn't appear to work. I'm using the target of target function to target for dps after using a /target lead toon and /follow macro in another button. I appear to be missing a subtle piece here to make it work smoothly as the mouse broadcasting is not as consistent due to toon heights and follow stacking variability. appreciate the guidance.

Ah, when you say "using the target of target function" you mean you have your main targeted the whole time and just have the "cast on target's target" checkbox enabled in the game settings?

I use "/assist <name>" commands instead. The "/interact" has to be a separate button since it'll take a brief moment for a character to switch target and the "/interact" is instant and may try to interact the previous target. It's possible to do "/assist <name>" on keydown and "/interact" on keyup, that's enough separation.

So you would make two macros that works like your follow-the-leader macros. One that works like your /target lead macro, but says "/assist MyLeaderName" instead, and one that works like your "/follow" but says "/interact" instead.

Note that you have to be grouped for /assist to work. The /assist command will be ignored if you're not grouped.

Thanks much Smed, that looks like the piece I was missing. The assist I hadn't put the lead toon name in the macro. Appreciate the help, this should make things much easier.

For what it's worth, here's how I do it: I have my follow button that I use to keep everyone following the leader. The macro on that is:

Code:
    target Leader 
    focus 
    follow 
    target @focustarget
    This keeps the focus set on the leader. That way, when I want to interact, I target the NPC with the leader and fire off:

Code:
    target @focustarget 
    interact
    I never have any problems needing a delay between the target command and the interact command. As long as the leader is the focus (which it always is because I never change it), I can just hit the interact macro and it works.

I don't use the Focus or Numbering... The problem with those approaches is that it doesn't work when you group with others, for example Instant Adventures, PvP Warfronts, Rifts, Zone Events, etc. Depending on how it's done, it can also be difficult to swap leader effortlessly.

I use FTL modifiers instead, which both IS-Boxer and Rift supports. So I actually have 5 assist commands in my assist macro. Something like:

Code:
    assist [shift] MyChar1
    assist [ctrl] MyChar2
    assist [alt] MyChar3
    assist [shift] [ctrl] MyChar4
    assist [shift] [alt] MyChar5
    Then I can seamlessly change to a new main character and everyone will assist him instead. This is because IS-Boxer can automatically add the SHIFT key if I'm on MyChar1, or add the CTRL key if I'm on MyChar2. Rift will only execute the line that matches the currently "pressed" modifier keys.

Thanks for the help guys. @focustarget allows use of focus which is the piece I was still missing. Agree with Smed at level FTL will be needed, but should work with focus and @focustarget method while leveling as I don't pvp much. Really speeds the questing and other npc interactions.