Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default X-Keys and Special characters.

So I got my USB X-Keys, and it seems like I can program it to transmit special characters (like ç???) now others have talked about binding these types of keys, and I'm really interested in doing that - but when I go into WoW ... it will not allow me to bind those keys. Even more odd, if I open a chat window and hit the key, it will type it out exactly as it should.

Are there specific "special" keys I can bind? Is there a step I am missing?
    5 Boxing (85):
    Paladin, 2xMage, Warlock, Priest
    Paldius, Magria, Magrib, Walina, Priset
    Currently:
    5 Boxing (85):
    Paladin, 3xWarlock, Shaman
    Ghallo, Warlisia, Warlisib, Warlisic, Pleo!

I do that very thing because I'm broadcasting to 4 instances and still want to be able to single control them if need be (chat, etc.)

I don't know you're entire situation so the applicability here may be limited. What I have that you're missing is Autohotkey. I use that to intercept the special character (SC134:: for example) and then send the command I want to the wowid I want. So, for instance, SC134 which is like å gets caught and then sends a ALT+1 to wowid 1, etc. Even if you've only got one account on that machine you could do the same thing if wow doesn't catch the special keys.

Hope this helps.
    ~Elo of BlackHand (Alliance)
    (TBC Team) 1xPally, 4xShaman -> Elothyn(70), Eloshama(70), Eloshamb(70), Eloshamc(70), Eloshamd(70)
    (Wrath Team) 1xPally, 2x Shaman, 1xMage, 1xDruid -> Elothyn(74), Eloshama(74), Eloshamc(73), Elozaen(73), Elothune(73)
    (Alts) 1xPriest, 1xWarlock, 1xWarrior -> Elothin(70), Elozen(70), Elothan(70)

I don't have an answer, but I am also interested in finding a solution to this.

I am currently using alt & ctrl combos with mine, but I run into wierdness sometimes when I get to spamming keys such as sending the "LOGOUT" key for xp. Not fun in arenas.

What do most x-keys users set thier x-keys to?
    1Priest, 4Mages Qyx, Kwix, Aquix, Cquix, Quixar // 5 Shammies, Quixs, Quixas, Quixbs, Quixcs, Quixds // Quix Inc (Gurubashi PVP)

mine are set to SHIFT+CTRL+ALT+<letter>

The only problem with that is that you can't use modifiers in macros, so some of them are bound to natural keys (healing macros etc)
    [align=center]AeineiA AeineiB AeneiC AenieD AeineiX
    All your soul are belong to us
    "They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead"
    The Wiki is your Friend
    [/align]