Close
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 67

Sorry i'm Pretty new with Multi Boxing......well, i'm doing only 2 Trooper....i've Installed HotkeyNet, is it Me or Star Wars Block all these programs and we can't Open 2 Windows? and can't even get Keys to go through my 2nd Windows

I've got the Same Set up with Warcraft Druid/War...works fine.....or only ISOBoxer is Working.....anyways you seem to be the Pro Mercbeast, if you have any Idea...let me know

Quote Originally Posted by XLana View Post
    Sorry i'm Pretty new with Multi Boxing......well, i'm doing only 2 Trooper....i've Installed HotkeyNet, is it Me or Star Wars Block all these programs and we can't Open 2 Windows? and can't even get Keys to go through my 2nd Windows

I've got the Same Set up with Warcraft Druid/War...works fine.....or only ISOBoxer is Working.....anyways you seem to be the Pro Mercbeast, if you have any Idea...let me know
    You cannot open more than one SWTOR instance on one PC without virtualization software (such as Inner Space). Your only other options are multiple PCs (or virtual machines). Given that, though, broadcasting with HKN should work fine
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Awww Thanks Lax....Okie i've set up my Laptop 2nd PC...yet broadcasting with HKN doesn't work, seem like Bioware Even Block HotkeyNet......oh well if anyone have this Problem or a Solution let me know

Also it seem it even Block Multiplicity and Now my G400 Mouse Hotkey......After 2 restart still failing, meh..even went back to Warcraft and everything is fine.....it's prob Bioware who block all these prob, i don't know how tho...i'm such a newB -_-

Thanks for the Help anyways

Ok, so Im "struggle busing" this right now…

Im having an issue with the Window swap plus Target Party Member.

Mercbeasts Framework sorta works for me. So some of the keystrokes and keybinds are the same.

Basically heres my issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by ”Mercbeast”
    UTILITY HOTKEYS

Go in game and setup the following hotkeys. Target Party 1. Follow Target. Target of Target.
    Here is what I used.
    Target Party 1 = Ctrl+F1
    Follow Target = Ctrl + T
    Target of Target = Numpad *
    I used these same keybinds in game for both toons.

I can get the Follow and Assist to “work”, but I have an issue with how it works. The problem is, if I press my Maped Key Hotkey too many times my non-mail toon will just sit there. The reason being, when I press the key once, the slave targets the “Target Party 1” member.. when I press the key again, the slave will “Target the Targets Target”. But if I make a mistake or get excited or freak out, and press the key a third time, the slave targets the “Target Party 1” again, as it should. I don’t want this. I want the action Hotkey to be pressed and the members always target the target of target.

I think I need a two step action key, (like a step one for press key, and step two for key release).

I haven’t been able to organize the “DPS” keys like I want just yet, because of the Assist problem.

Suggestions on how to improve this?

Below are a few screenshots of my setup.

I tested with some of the ATGs and Setups that Merc posted. very good details indeed. However, im myself am running into an issues with ATG. I can get my ATG to pass hotkey details to my current window but i can not for the life of me get my alts hotkeys to trigger using ATGs (and with Others ATG).

If i change it to All Windows o/ Current or Window:Current i can get that stuff to work on my main machine, then again im a complete ATG with Keymaps noob. I've ready the posts but still run into issue lol. Hopefully ill figure it out tonight.
    Meeo/Nibilus

Quote Originally Posted by Apps View Post
    Ok, so Im "struggle busing" this right now…

Im having an issue with the Window swap plus Target Party Member.

Mercbeasts Framework sorta works for me. So some of the keystrokes and keybinds are the same.

Basically heres my issue.

I used these same keybinds in game for both toons.

I can get the Follow and Assist to “work”, but I have an issue with how it works. The problem is, if I press my Maped Key Hotkey too many times my non-mail toon will just sit there. The reason being, when I press the key once, the slave targets the “Target Party 1” member.. when I press the key again, the slave will “Target the Targets Target”. But if I make a mistake or get excited or freak out, and press the key a third time, the slave targets the “Target Party 1” again, as it should. I don’t want this. I want the action Hotkey to be pressed and the members always target the target of target.

I think I need a two step action key, (like a step one for press key, and step two for key release).

I haven’t been able to organize the “DPS” keys like I want just yet, because of the Assist problem.

Suggestions on how to improve this?
    The Assist key I use addresses this. It is a two step key. Each time you assist it targets party 1 and then target of target. You're on the right track. Without a screenshot, this is how I have mine setup. It just needs to be two steps and execute on keystroke up or down. This makes it a one keypress solution that can be called by your DPS rotation to provide reliable one button mashing buttery goodness.

Assist

Set this hotkey to pass a step when pressed or released. Do not bind a key to it.
    Create two steps.
    Step 1: Create a key stroke action.
    Ctrl + F1 -> Other Action Target Group (This will use target party 1 on your slave characters)
    Step 2: Create a key stroke action.
    Num * -> Other Action Target Group (This will use target of target on your slave characters)
    Last edited by Mercbeast : 12-16-2011 at 10:40 AM

Thanks...got all my Prob Fixed! Thanks Apps and Beast

was wondering if it was Legal...(i know i'm lazzy) to use my new Naga Mouse....to Bind these 3 Sets in 1 Click, like -> Target Gr1 -> Target Target -> DPS

i've read some people do it with G12 Keybord or some other Mouse....but is it Legal in SWTOR, or we can't Macro a chain of keys?

Anyways...other than that, everything is working fine *beside the Follow bug......thanks for the Help so far! <3
    Last edited by XLana : 12-17-2011 at 01:59 PM Reason: Typo

Normally, I have no issues setting things up for a new game but ...

I followed you setup mercbest and everything almost works.

The issue I am having is that the second action in the first step of my DPS doesn't get hit, it always executes the 1st one.

If I push Shift-F2 ( second skill in my rotation it works ) on both toons.

However, in the DPS rotation it is not called, any ideas?
    Schadenfreude Rogue ( MM/Ranger ) / Dekoy Rogue ( MM/Ranger ) / Medyc Cleric ( Sentinel/Warden ) / Rhiggs Warrior ( Champion/Warlord ) / Murtaugh Mage ( Chloro )

Awww Thanks Lax....Okie i've set up my Laptop 2nd PC...yet broadcasting with HKN doesn't work, seem like Bioware Even Block HotkeyNet......oh well if anyone have this Problem or a Solution let me know

Also it seem it even Block Multiplicity and Now my G400 Mouse Hotkey......After 2 restart still failing, meh..even went back to Warcraft and everything is fine.....it's prob Bioware who block all these prob, i don't know how tho...i'm such a newB -_-

Thanks for the Help anyways
    run HKN as Administrator!
    I don't suffer from Schizophrenia, I enjoy every moment of it !

Quote Originally Posted by Mercbeast View Post
    The Assist key I use addresses this. It is a two step key. Each time you assist it targets party 1 and then target of target. You're on the right track. Without a screenshot, this is how I have mine setup. It just needs to be two steps and execute on keystroke up or down. This makes it a one keypress solution that can be called by your DPS rotation to provide reliable one button mashing buttery goodness.

Assist

Set this hotkey to pass a step when pressed or released. Do not bind a key to it.
    Create two steps.
    Step 1: Create a key stroke action.
    Ctrl + F1 -> Other Action Target Group (This will use target party 1 on your slave characters)
    Step 2: Create a key stroke action.
    Num * -> Other Action Target Group (This will use target of target on your slave characters)
    BAM! this is exactly what Mosg2 and I worked out. Exactly. I had this wrong. Thanks for the confirmation posting.

Thanks...got all my Prob Fixed! Thanks Apps and Beast

was wondering if it was Legal...(i know i'm lazzy) to use my new Naga Mouse....to Bind these 3 Sets in 1 Click, like -> Target Gr1 -> Target Target -> DPS

i've read some people do it with G12 Keybord or some other Mouse....but is it Legal in SWTOR, or we can't Macro a chain of keys?

Anyways...other than that, everything is working fine *beside the Follow bug......thanks for the Help so far! <3
    Not sure what I did, but Im glad you got things working. Sometimes seeing someone elses problem helps. I hope my failures and fixes helped.. yet, I cant take any credit. Mercbeast, and Mosg2, and Kris123 have (in my opinion), got this down tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Krago View Post
    Normally, I have no issues setting things up for a new game but ...

I followed you setup mercbest and everything almost works.

The issue I am having is that the second action in the first step of my DPS doesn't get hit, it always executes the 1st one.

If I push Shift-F2 ( second skill in my rotation it works ) on both toons.

However, in the DPS rotation it is not called, any ideas?
    You need to create all new DPS keys. You can use the default ones, but you have to alter all of them. Basically, you need to take the target of target and assist out of the equation, and simply use the ATG as the target window for your keypress. I used the std "1 thru =" so I could play solo and not mess with the default keybinds in game. It worked.

So heres what you end up with, using my method... (or Mercs method with a Mosg2 twist)
    Press your follow keymap.
    (your slave(s) follows to a location)
    click on your target with your main screen
    Press your Assist keymap.
    Press your dps keys 1 thru =.

If you have to switch targets, you can leave your slave attacking the first target, and you move your main to the second target BOTH will continue to dps those targets, so long as the targets dont move, if you are melee class.

Just think of your assist key as your "this is what I want my slave to fight" key... then your main can do whatever you want.