Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Octopus tutorial needed for LOTRO

Anyone please have a tut for LOTRO using Octopus? Tried the WoW Octopus one with limited success.

I dont have any experience using octopus for LOTRO but I can make a suggestion and say try Hotkeynet I have had no problems setting it up for LOTRO and there are a few sample as well as a full LOTRO script posted in the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian7 View Post
    I dont have any experience using octopus for LOTRO but I can make a suggestion and say try Hotkeynet I have had no problems setting it up for LOTRO and there are a few sample as well as a full LOTRO script posted in the forums
    A good option, unless you want to use the KM feature of Octopus on multiple PCs. In my experience, Octopus did not play well with Synergy/Input Director.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

http://www.hotkeynet.com/phpBB3/view...hp?f=32&t=1926

This is the script I found... however it comes up with 12 errors. Pops up with what "gravelhighway" posted...

I switched the TargerMaster to TargetFellow and those error lines went away.

Still no AutoExec string though.

Do I have to run 3 instances for the script to work? I was only testing with 2. Windows got renamed properly, no prompt that said my main window was the "Master" when doing the Alt F1. When I tried to have the slave follow it didn't work... anyway to switch the ScrollLock that sends the buttons to all screens to a different key? When I hit ScrollLock I can no longer move with WASD.

Command line: AutoExec
    Unable to find command AutoExec

is an irrelevant error. It's just HKN looking for something that it should do on launch without your input. Just go into Options > Settings. Under "Execute Command Automatically" delete the text in the box, or simply ignore it. It won't impact anything if you aren't using it.

If you're only using 2, delete all instances in the script that refer to a third window. You can ignore any errors that throws, too, but it makes things easier if you configure the script to work with the proper number of windows.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 07-31-2011 at 02:15 AM
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Yeah that script was never fully working. I do hae a modified working version, however.