Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Default How to pick a realm for world pvp?

All my toons are on an average sized pve server and I'm looking for a change. Looking up realm population stats, there are some highly populated pvp realms that are grossly lopsided to one faction. So I'm thinking of rolling some dks on one of these realms purely for some world pvp action against the higher populated faction.
    So before i start the lvling process.........Is this a good plan?

It's tough to say. It really all depends on if the more dominant faction has the motivation to play along with
    you. If they do have the motivation to play along... at what point does it get boring or frustrating for you when
    your less populated faction allies cannot give you any reinforcements?

I think Kil'jaeden is actually the highest populated PvP realm with an almost perfect balance. Unfortunately,
    even KJ sees very, very little world PvP (most likely because of zerg guild Ruinous). In fact, today they crashed
    (or came very close to crashing) Kalimdor thanks to their raid on Orgirmmar.

I guess you have to actually do some research on the realm(s) you're looking to possibly roll on and see if
    there is anything exciting going on. Unfortunately, everyone is most likely being a bum and just sitting in their
    main cities twiddling their thumbs.

Find a relm from the data center near you if you want low ping rates.

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!

World PVP is dead besides the major cities and Tol Barad, as far as I know. So I wouldn't tranfer my toons just for world PVP. You kill people quite easily in world pvp.

Personally, it's more something that's fun for 30 minutes or so when you're bored.

I think it's probably like Fenril said-- it depends on how active the world PVP is. If you transfer to the smaller population side of an unbalanced server, you might find heaven because enough people join in to keep it lively. Or you might regret it because the moment you gank one player, ten or fifteen show up to camp you for hours and no one on your side wants to help. Or just as frustrating, no one bothers to show up at all, and your only option is to camp that single player until you pass out from boredom.

Although I'm wondering now if there's a place where you could get somewhat reliable information on where there might be decent world PVP. You can always ask on the WOW forums, though you'll need to dig through a lot of BS in the hopes of finding good info.
    "Multibox : !! LOZERS !!" My multiboxing blog

To be quite honest (just thought of this), if you want world PvP, if you want people to fight back... then you
    should roll Horde on Kil'jaeden and then pick a fight with any member from Ruinous/Rhuin/Ruin/Ruin Gaming
    and in less than 30 minutes you'll most likely have more characters camping you then you'd like.
    With my new
    RaF I'm going to eventually roll some Horde on Kil'jaeden because I'd like to mess with Ruinous myself.

I'm sure others from Kil'jaeden can back this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenril View Post
    To be quite honest (just thought of this), if you want world PvP, if you want people to fight back... then you
    should roll Horde on Kil'jaeden and then pick a fight with any member from Ruinous/Rhuin/Ruin/Ruin Gaming
    and in less than 30 minutes you'll most likely have more characters camping you then you'd like.
    With my new
    RaF I'm going to eventually roll some Horde on Kil'jaeden because I'd like to mess with Ruinous myself.

This sounds like it could turn into something really fun, I might have to consider trying this also.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenril View Post
    With my new

Added bonus - you get to world pvp against LoB wont be jackasses about it though.
    Styrr - Legion of Boom - GM

Quote Originally Posted by Kang View Post
    Added bonus - you get to world pvp against LoB wont be jackasses about it though.
    Kang, I'm waiting for you to front the cash for us all to transfer to Horde so we can have our fun with Ruinous.

Well I'm looking to maybe transfer an 85 healer with gold/supplies and roll some new dks. Also figured that joining a low pop faction on a high pop realm would almost guarantee getting into TB.

Since 25k is the limit, any hints on transferring about 100k in mats?