Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 68

Threaded View

Default Multiboxing Hardware Science!

Instead of continue to derail the other thread where this topic began, I figured I would just open a new
    thread to keep things on track.

A quick recap:

I did some basic initial 10 boxing testing with some trial accounts during non-peak times:

People wanted to know more so I thought I would give them more! I jumped on last night during peak times
    and tweaked some video setting macros and this is what I whipped up:

YouTube description:
    All Windows @ 1920 x 1080 (Custom Video Settings)
    Using ISBoxer (Increased swap times due to my window swapping macro!)

2600K @ 4.6GHz [Venomous-X Cooler]
    EVGA GTX 580 3GB
    Intel 510 SSD

Finally got a chance to hit Stormwind at peak times with this 10 boxing test setup to see what I should be
    expecting performance-wise and to play around with my video settings to get tolerable FPS. I had to use
    FRAPS's DWM recording feature to capture the Windows Task Manager, GPU-Z, RealTemp, and ISBoxer's
    Video FX. The DWM recording feature adds a large amount of CPU processing overhead while in use so I
    decided to cap the recording to 30 FPS -- I felt this gave more accurate readings across the board instead of
    using 60FPS and having the FPS erratically jump around.

If you're considering 10 boxing World of Warcraft this was just an initial test to see where my hardware
    stood performance-wise. Actual PvP and PvE raiding may require additional tweaking or lower settings than a
    simple major city walk through and I obviously cannot test either of those at the moment... maybe one day.

Note: The big words "File Change" (in both videos) are for those who are curious where the FRAPS files split
    themselves. Some people experience frame rate dips during the file creation and I was trying to show all
    angles of performance here.

Both videos are recorded and rendered in a resolution of 1920x1080 and should be viewed at that
    resolution in full screen if you want to see everything that was happening.

This discussion is open to any and all that feel the need to ask any questions about 10 boxing or whatever.
    Sam was most interested in trying to decode certain things with VRAM and what-not but it'd be nice to see
    some 10 boxers post their specs and add to this.

This thread is not bound to World of Warcraft and anyone who has useful information on other
    games (i.e. RIFT, EQ, etc.) should feel free to post as well. I do ask that if you're going to post
    about hardware-related information that you at least provide some actual benchmarks
    (screenshots and/or video as I have done throughout this thread) pertaining to your system as
    opposed to just stating what you think you might be getting.

However, this thread is bound to legitimate game servers (i.e. no private servers). Anyone who
    posts any benchmarks or tests in this thread that come from private servers will have their posts
    deleted without warning. In addition to private servers being against the rules of discussion here
    on this message board, private servers can run modified, altered, or old patches of content or
    code which can easily skew any real and up-to-date information.

QUICK LINKS TO MORE TESTS THROUGHOUT THIS THREAD:

World of Warcraft Related:
    Orgrimmar Test
    2600K Hyper-Threading Test
    World of Warcraft SLI Test
    30 Boxing (Not In A Major City)
    20 Boxing - 2 Laps In Orgrimmar
    Last edited by Khatovar : 02-06-2012 at 04:01 AM Reason: Added Links & Updated Disclaimer - removed color=black in one part