Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: 5 Mage Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Malgor View Post
    Okay, I got to it and put in your set up and I like it a lot.

However I am still having the problem of slot 3 and 4 not doing anything when I hit Shift-F3 or Shift-F4. However if I go to their respective window, I can click it with my mouse and each one will assist my main, set the target as focus and mark it with their corresponding mark.

I talked to Lax in chat and he didn't know why. I'm baffled!
    Have your main target any mob, then switch to your third toon's window and press Shift-F3.
    If that works, then the problem is in your ISBoxer settings.

Have you doublechecked that Shift-F3 gets broadcasted only to slot 3 ?

Sheep Mark 3
    Hotkey Shift+F3
    Step -> Actions ->
    Do FTL Assist me in General Key Map -> self
    Shift+F3 -> 3

Have your main target any mob, then switch to your third toon's window and press Shift-F3.
    If that works, then the problem is in your ISBoxer settings.
    No that doesn't work either.

I went through my key bindings and I do not see SHIFT-F3 or SHIFT-F4 bound to anything at all except for the spot where I put my macro. Which is on Right Action Bar Slot 7 and Slot 8 respectively.

I can't work with it now, but I'm going to try a suggestion that Lax made about using ALT since the game doesn't use that, so it would be ALT-F3 and ALT-F4.

I'm also going to try a different action bar and see if that works.
    SWTOR -The Shadowlands Server - PVE Republic
    Malgor - 50 Soundrel Bonesaw : Hath - 50 Commando
    Wilma & Betti - 50 Dual-boxing Sages
    D3: Kaean#1993 and Malgor#1327

Quote Originally Posted by Malgor View Post
    I can't work with it now, but I'm going to try a suggestion that Lax made about using ALT since the game doesn't use that, so it would be ALT-F3 and ALT-F4.
    Ummmmm...

Yeah, Alt-F4 doesn't work very well for that.

"Fenril has reported you afk and you are now affected by the inactive debuff. Please press alt-F4 to remove this debuff or you will be removed from the battleground."

Gotta love that macro to get rid of nubs at the start of BGs :P

LOL so I won't use ALT!
    SWTOR -The Shadowlands Server - PVE Republic
    Malgor - 50 Soundrel Bonesaw : Hath - 50 Commando
    Wilma & Betti - 50 Dual-boxing Sages
    D3: Kaean#1993 and Malgor#1327

Yo,

what are your FTL modifiers set to?

Whenever I had an issue like this I moved those around to different combinations of CTRL+right ALT+right shift or whatever until everything worked. Even though I'm unable to tell you exactly how they affect keybinds, for me it seems they did.
    EU-boxer on Executus.

Quote Originally Posted by Noids View Post
    "Fenril has reported you afk and you are now affected by the inactive debuff. Please press alt-F4 to remove this debuff or you will be removed from the battleground."

Gotta love that macro to get rid of nubs at the start of BGs :P
    I usually do

/me has just reported you for being AFK. Please type /afk to clear this message

OUTLAND EU
    <Autobots Roll Out>

I'm setting this up for my hexing and binding elementals. Do you have to have /assist "mains name" when your using FTL keys? The slave should assist you and focus what your targeting if its a FTL key bind right?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Default my take on multi-CCing

this is my take on this "5 Mage Sheep" business:

keep in mind that i use FTL normally thus saving my focus for cc. however, this also works for when i switch modes to 'target and hold' (attack target until dead regardless of driver's target), 'focus assist and/or hold' (if focus is an enemy, attack focus until dead...or if focus is friendly, attack focus' target). also, i have an ATG for classes (and sometimes specs).

1. Set Focus and Mark named WoW helper macro
    ISBoxer -> Game Helpers -> World of Warcraft -> (look at bottom left pane) -> Macro Sets -> right click Quick Setup 38 -> New WoW Macro:

Name: Set Focus and Mark macro
    Key Combination: Ctrl+C (you can set this to whatever key you want that is free)
    /click button name: (none)
    Allow extra modifiers: (leave all unchecked)
    Can use FTL modifiers: (unchecked)
    Commands:
    Code:
    /clearfocus [@focus,dead][@focus,noharm][@focus,help]
    /focus [@focus,noexists][@focus,dead]
    !if (character is "slot 1") /script SetRaidTarget("focus", 1)
    !if (character is "slot 2") /script SetRaidTarget("focus", 2)
    !if (character is "slot 3") /script SetRaidTarget("focus", 3)
    !if (character is "slot 4") /script SetRaidTarget("focus", 4)
    !if (character is "slot 5") /script SetRaidTarget("focus", 5)
    In the preview tab, the toon in slot 1 interprets this as below and in blue is the explanation:
    /clearfocus [@focus,dead][@focus,noharm][@focus,help] If the unit saved as your focus is dead OR is not an enemy OR is a friend THEN clear your focus
    /focus [@focus,noexists][@focus,dead] If your focus does not exist OR is dead THEN set your focus target to the currently targeted unit
    /script SetRaidTarget("focus", 1) Mark your focus with a star2. Set Focus and Mark mapped key
    ISBoxer -> Key Maps -> General -> (look at bottom left pane) -> right click Mapped Keys -> New Mapped Key:
    Name: Set Focus and Mark keybind (not really sure if i can set both the macro's name and the keybind's name to be the same but i don't want to anyway...i like long descriptive names)
    Hotkey: Ctrl+C (yes it's the same key that i set as Key Combination for the macro, just so i don't confuse myself)
    Hold any Keystroke Actions while Hotkey is held: Off
    Execute a Step when the Hotkey is: released
    -> Advanced: no boxes are checked, World of Warcraft: Use FTL Modifiers: Off
    -> Steps -> 1 -> (look at bottom centre pane) -> right click Actions -> Key Map Actions -> New Do Mapped Key Action:
    Target: Window:Current
    Key Map: General
    Mapped Key: FTL Assist Me
    Round-robin with selected Target: (unchecked)
    -> right click Actions again -> Keystroke Actions -> New Keystroke Action:
    Target: Window:All w/ Current
    Key combination: Ctrl+C
    Round-robin with selected Target: (checked)

Optional
    3. CC1 named WoW helper macroISBoxer -> Game Helpers -> World of Warcraft -> (look at bottom left pane) -> Macro Sets -> right click Quick Setup 38 -> New WoW Macro:

Name: CC1
    Key Combination: Ctrl+Shift+C
    Commands:
    Code:
    !if (character in "mages") /cast [@focus, harm, nodead] Polymorph
    !if (character in "shamans") /cast [@focus, harm, nodead] Hex
    !if (character in "priests") /cast [@focus,harm,nodead] Shackle Undead
    !if (character in "druids") /cast [@focus,harm,nodead] Hibernate
    !if (character in "warlocks") /cast [@focus,harm,nodead] Banish
    !if (character in "ret paladins") /cast [@focus,harm,nodead] Repentance
    4. CC2 named WoW helper macroISBoxer -> Game Helpers -> World of Warcraft -> (look at bottom left pane) -> Macro Sets -> right click Quick Setup 38 -> right click Universal CC1 -> Make Copy -> (change the details according to below)

Name: CC2
    Key Combination: Alt+Shift+C
    Commands:
    Code:
    !if (character in "shamans") /cast [@focus, harm, nodead] Bind Elemental
    !if (character in "priests") /cast [@focus,harm,nodead] Mind Control
    !if (character in "warlocks") /cast [@focus,harm,nodead] Enslave Demon
    5. CC mapped key
    ISBoxer -> Key Maps -> General -> (look at bottom left pane) -> right click Mapped Keys -> New Mapped Key:
    Name: Crowd Control
    Hotkey: C
    Hold any Keystroke Actions while Hotkey is held: On
    -> Advanced: no boxes are checked, World of Warcraft: Use FTL Modifiers: Off
    -> Steps -> 1 -> (look at bottom centre pane) -> right click Actions -> Keystroke Actions -> New Named World of Warcraft Macro Action:
    Target: Window:All w/ Current
    Round-robin with selected Target: (unchecked)
    WoW Macro button -> (WoW Macro Picker window opens up) WoW Macro Set: Quick Setup 38 -> WoW Macro: CC1 -> press OK
    (back to main ISBoxer window) -> ISBoxer -> Key Maps -> General -> (look at bottom left pane) -> Mapped Keys -> Crowd Control -> Steps -> right click on 1 (the first and only step in this mapped key) -> Copy Step to Clipboard -> (go back to "Steps") -> Paste Step from Clipboard -> select 2 (the new second step) -> (look at bottom centre pane) -> Steps -> Actions -> select WoW Macro 'CC1' in WoW Macro -> press WoW Macro button -> (WoW Macro Picker window opens up) WoW Macro Set: Quick Setup 38 -> WoW Macro: CC2

so, when Ctrl+C is pressed, the toon in slot 1 assists my driver (aka main, master, currently active toon) and acquires the driver's target, then sets this target as focus (ie driver's target becomes slot 1's focus)...and finally marks this focus with a star. so in effect, i always know that star is slot 1's focus.
    my driver then acquires a different unmarked target. and since Ctrl+C is set as round-robin, it's slot 2's turn who then sets this new target as focus and marks it with a circle.
    my driver then acquires a different unmarked target...press Ctrl+C again...and so on, you get it.

in the end, i will have 5 cc targets marked as star, circle, diamond, moon and triangle. and then i press C

TL;DR
    -created a named macro for ftl focus and raid marker with the same keybind as the round-robin mapped key that calls it. driver targets first mob, toon in slot 1 sets it as focus and marks it with special raid marker for slot 1; driver targets second mob, toon in slot 2...and so on.
    -created named macros for class-specific cc setup just like the "2-step method" for classes with multiple cc (ie shaman's hex and bind elemental)
    Calling me a noob would be an understatement...