Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Hybrid View

Default Easiest boxing software

Backstory: I used to 4 box wow and started with the free hotkey/octopus set up which, while worked, was a nightmare to make stuff happen with. So then I was a keyclone user but once again did work it also was tedious to use. Left wow little over a year ago cause I was in dcuo beta and live user. And sadly dcuo is dead now. Game population was almost dead even on the most popular server long befor soe got destroyed. Now soe is totally down the game is dead just waiting on a Dr to give the offical time of death. So Im back in wow.

The point: Im looking for the eaisest software to set up and multibox with. I've read a lot of the pro/con threads but I want a honest public opinion of this is the best set up to just plug/play software. If I can avoid writing crazy macros all the better.

Thanks in advance for any replys to help me.

If you think Keyclone was "tedious", then I don't know what to tell you. It doesn't get much more plug and play than that. ISBoxer has a wizard for setup, but you're not going to get very far in any boxing without "crazy macros" and spending time figuring things out.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Ok ill stay with keyclone if it is the most user friendly.

I just saw a bunch of youtube adds for other programs that claim to be plug and play with like auto find leader so you dont need to type out long chain macros. If that really doesnt exisit no sense in spending more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragewolf View Post

I just saw a bunch of youtube adds for other programs that claim to be plug and play with like auto find leader so you dont need to type out long chain macros. If that really doesnt exisit no sense in spending more money.
    What you're talking about is ISBoxer.

I get a kick out of it when people say that Keyclone is "more user friendly", because it requires you to do a lot more work in order to accomplish the same thing in the game. For example, with ISBoxer you can use the wizard and immediately play WoW, leading seamlessly from any window, without having to set up a single macro in the game. Almost no configuration to do, and you're already boxing within a few minutes. To me that is a lot more user friendly than the startup experience with Keyclone. Or if you want real-time mouse broadcasting, ISBoxer's broadcasting "just works" and gives you the actual, visible cursor in every window -- you kind of have to try it to appreciate the difference Or if you want to be able to just log in and have your team all ready to go without having to worry about each individual character, or have different video settings in each window, etc -- ISBoxer gives this to you from the wizard and you can configure and save any of the game's options; with Keyclone or other software you can't get that without making several WoW folders and setting up symbolic links or junctions.

What you need to consider is that with any multiboxing software there is the configuration, and then there is the actual gameplay. With most products, you will find that if the configuration is simple, then you are going to have a more difficult time in actual gameplay. ISBoxer isn't complex just for the sake of being complex, each piece in the puzzle contributes toward improving your gameplay experience. The wizards, then, are there to make all of the initial configuration as simple as possible.

Anyway, ISBoxer has a free 7-day trial. If you are considering your options you would be doing yourself a favor by checking it out.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ragewolf View Post

Sorry but ISBoxer is just as easy if not easier. Clicking through a wizard and done. How hard is that? Plus you are setup to have everything up and running if you use spells on your bars. Activate the keymap (using the icon that is created in your UI) and press 1. All toons press 1 and that spell is fired.

Yes Keyclone can be setup relatively easy, but you will not be as far along as you would using ISBoxer.

But at the end of the day either solution you will end up wanting to expand the capabilities and by far ISBoxer is the easiest to expand.
    Computer Freak Social Geek

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Blog Entries

I suppose the IS Boxer wizard...
    Run that...

You end up with a couple of arrow (clickable icons) things on the screen.
    One is for Repeater (every key works the same as keyclone, including the mouse), generally have that off most of the time.
    The other is Keymaps... which are groups of boxing hotkeys, generally have those on most of the time.

Drag a spell in wow (or a macro), to "1" on both toons (or on all toons).
    Press '1'.
    The slaves auto assist the main, and then also press whatever is on "1".
    So you could go 3x Fireball, with three mages... and pressing "1" will have the slaves assist the main.

You'd need to understand Repeater vs Keymaps.
    Repeater is straight broadcasting (keys or mouse).
    Keymaps are hotkeys that do specific actions.
    Repeater (On), Keymaps (Off) for password entry.
    Repeater (Off), Keymaps (On) for 95% of game play.
    Repeater (off), Keymaps (Off) for chatting with one toon.
    Repeater (On), Keymaps (On) to mouse click something like a Talent or a Portal on all toons at once.

Any boxing software you go with, you'll want macros.
    Sure you can learn with very few, but almost anything sort of complex... that solves a problem you have or opens a door to doing something you want to do on the team... will require something non-standard.
    However this community can give you decent ideas on how to accomplish whatever.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Jamba will let you configure things like group order, leader, loot, follow, item use, quest tracking etc.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Blog Entries

Keyclone was/is a great product to start with.
    The initial configuration, adding each window while it is active, was a bit of a pain in the ass.
    But once you're up and running, anything you push goes to every window, unless you Blacklist the key.
    Or you can push the Pause key to mute broadcasting.

IS Boxer has a wizard, which is far easier to use for the set up.
    It has both Repeater (broadcasting of keys and mouse) or Keymaps (which are essentially triggered actions), and you'll sometimes want one or the other or both or neither on.
    Not really that complex to pick one mode or another.
    The actual wizard gets you a bunch, that are very easy to start with.
    - Things like Slaves follow the Active/Main region... when you push the Follow Keybind.
    - The current leader invites the slave/non-active characters... when you push the Invite Keybind.
    - If you push 1, 2, 3, etc all the way up to = (which is the default bindings for the wow interface), the slaves first assist the main character and then do whatever is on those keys.

Which could be a straight spell dragged from each toons spell book.
    No need for any macros of any sort.
    But that could also be a castsequence macro, allowing you to mash one key and have some toons go straight Shadow Bolt spam, while another might be using Scorch, Scorch, Scorch, Pyroblast, Fireball, Fireball, Fireball.

It's very flexible.
    And like HKN and KC has an amazing support level.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Can we please not devolve into another keyclone bash fest? So tiresome.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Can we please not devolve into another keyclone bash fest? So tiresome.
    If there was keyclone bashing I would agree. Saying one product is easier or has more future upside is not bashing. OP asked and we replied.
    Computer Freak Social Geek

GET OFF MY LAWN!