Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default DSL usage question...

Well just found out today that ATT has started capping their broadband use. If I remember it correctly, it was 250gb for their cable service, and 150gb for their DSL service. Since Im on DSL, I was wondering if any of you are also 5 boxing on DSL and can give me a ball park figure on your usage?

I would be intrested in this as well since I have to get a new ISP when I get back and as far as I know DSL is the only thing avliable on island.

Most modern cable dsl routers can track your usage (and even cut you off before you hit X GB) to help alleviate some worry. Does AT&T not give you a usage tracking chart in your account somewhere? Communistcast has for a while now.

I'd be surprised to find out that WoW is what eats up most of your bandwidth.

Are you worried that 5 boxing World of Warcraft is going to come close to your 250GB monthly cap? This game requires
    almost no bandwidth to play...

Exactly you will NEVER hit a cap from playing wow.

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!

Well a rep told me that to hit my monthly cap, Id have to download something like 88 movies, and even then I would receive an email letting me know I was close. He also said that the internet service wouldnt be turned off, I would just be charged an extra 10 dollars per 50gb over. He also said that things like surfing the net, watching vids, online gaming etc wouldnt have an effect on my usage at all, except for downloading patches and the like. they also gave me an ATT usage site to keep track of my usage, so Ill give it till the end of the month, and see what the damage is.

This really makes me appreciate Time Warner Cable. Been with them since cable modems became available and honestly can't think of any problem other than a worn out modem. Always solid and fast connection.
    Jinkobi on Shadowsong-US.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepdriver View Post
    Well a rep told me that to hit my monthly cap, Id have to download something like 88 movies, and even then I would receive an email letting me know I was close. He also said that the internet service wouldnt be turned off, I would just be charged an extra 10 dollars per 50gb over. He also said that things like surfing the net, watching vids, online gaming etc wouldnt have an effect on my usage at all, except for downloading patches and the like. they also gave me an ATT usage site to keep track of my usage, so Ill give it till the end of the month, and see what the damage is.

If you are a spambot, then you have something to worry about, but why would a spambot writter inffect his own computer? most usage I have ever had personally with Hulu, Microsoft OS ISO's downloads, and running some basic LAMP servers meant for testing and no production is about 190 GB down and 200 GB up in a month period. Honestly, this really just keeps the huge torrenters and the people who try to run a remote NOC out of their basement for their company at bay.
    Wondering what now will be the new pew pew class....