Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default GM Software Multiboxing Confirmation

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...73137485&sid=1

Quote Originally Posted by Belfaire

Just in case people don't troll the customer service forums like I do
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

w00t!

Vyndree do we have a list of all the blue posts we can add to the wiki?

Quote Originally Posted by 'Majestic_Clown',index.php?page=Thread&postID=3871 5#post38715
    w00t!

Vyndree do we have a list of all the blue posts we can add to the wiki?
    I have my brief list I stole from a very helpful multiboxer on the WoW forums. I've seen some additional blue posts since then. I'll try to make a nice list.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

Awesome, so Vyndree, does this mean you might get into software boxing? Seems easy mode now that keymaps are ok and round robins are acceptable as well so you don't have to map keys certain ways and write macros to make hardware boxing all work together. If not, why? (besides the cost already spent in doing it via hardware). I've paid for keyclones but am still considering hardware boxing myself. What would be the advantages of going hardware instead?

Quote Originally Posted by 'Xar',index.php?page=Thread&postID=38740#post38740
    Awesome, so Vyndree, does this mean you might get into software boxing? Seems easy mode now that keymaps are ok and round robins are acceptable as well so you don't have to map keys certain ways and write macros to make hardware boxing all work together. If not, why? (besides the cost already spent in doing it via hardware). I've paid for keyclones but am still considering hardware boxing myself. What would be the advantages of going hardware instead?
    1. Reliability. Hardware just works. If it breaks, you replace it and keep on going. Software by nature can morph or change. Install a new piece of software and it might break a .dll or other component for software that you already had that worked fine.
    2. If Blizzard decides to change their policies, you will likely not be affected using hardware only solutions.
    3. Why change from hardware to software if you already have something that works? If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    4. Hardware is sexy. Software is...well...soft. (i.e. gadgets > code)
    5. Performance. Good hardware should cause virtually no discernible lag. Even on the fastest of rigs, you will see some delay related to software solutions.

That's five off the top of my head. I'm sure there are a lot more reasons. Keep in mind that I am currently a software multiboxer. Even with all of the advantages of hardware multi-boxing, the cost and ease of setup of a software solution is hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Xar',index.php?page=Thread&postID=38740#post38740
    Awesome, so Vyndree, does this mean you might get into software boxing? Seems easy mode now that keymaps are ok
    and round robins are acceptable as well so you don't have to map keys certain ways and write macros to make hardware boxing all work together. If not, why? (besides the cost already spent in doing it via hardware). I've paid for keyclones but am still considering hardware boxing myself. What would be the advantages of going hardware instead?
    I don't see why I would need to. Though 6-boxing does seem interesting. I do have a total of 6 accounts, but I have no idea what I'd use 6 characters at once for.

Hardware multiboxing is very easy to defend from a harassment standpoint. It's also very easy to set up. Round robins using /castsequence works perfectly well for me. There's really nothing I can see would give me any advantage over a hardware setup, besides being able to run more than 1 copy of wow on a single machine.

Perhaps 10 boxing? *shrug*

Until I see some compelling reasons (other than cost) for a software setup, I will continue to advocate for a hardware only setup with 5 monitors.

The only thing I can see would be some kind of mouse multicasting.... but that can be integrated INTO a hardware only setup.

If you want to REALLY PvP hardcore and any errors or lag are akin to being critical game stopping problems (and you are willing to pay for it) then go hardware.

If money is an issue and you want 90% as good of a solution but are willing to accept that things can and will mess up more often, go software.

Eventually, you will be able to run all 5 on a single machine with (almost) no performance penalty... but for now, hardware only is a "better" solution all things considered, in my opinion.

You could hook up a RAM based hard drive to make loading times faster... but that starts to get costly. At that point, just go with a hardware solution.
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Xzin, Azin, Bzin, Czin, Dzin
    Xyzin, Ayzin, Byzin, Cyzin, Dyzin
    Magtheridon - US