Close
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Default Ideazon Fang Gamepad Review

So as I'd mentioned in another thread I finally chose to get a right handed (as in use it with your right hand) gamepad to control my main while I control my other 4 with the X-keys. As most of you know, there just aren't a lot of options for this. The most appealing thing I found was the Fang Gamepad for $35. Reviews were mixed and I was even warned here about it's responsiveness but I've gotta same I'm pretty dang happy with it. It looks like

[img=http://www.ideazon.com/global_images/product_imgs/productshots/prdsht_fang_01.jpg][/IMG]

at first I freaked out because the software that came with it couldn't be remapped. OK, actually I was pissed. But, I kept my cool long enough to check their site and they had seen the error of their ways and released a new software package that DOES allow key remapping (THANK YOU!). So once I got my keys mapped (or most of them, I'm lazy) and spent a weekend using it, it feels naturally and I have a lot more control with my pally now than I did just using the 10-key on my keyboard. I paired it up with a mini keyboard (basically a laptop keyboard in a stand alone case) and now everything feels great (was too wide before). It'll take me a while to ditch my tendancy to target with the mouse but I'll get there.

Anyway, just thought this might be useful to others. The X-keys Pro rocks, and I'm definitely glad I got it, but this thing is a pretty darned affordable alternative. Oh, a couple of things people said about it were that it slides around (not on my desk, iono maybe some surfaces would have problems), was too small for big hands (I'm 6'4" with hands to match and don't feel that way at all), and that it wasn't responsive (I've yet to feel like I hit the button and it didn't activate).
    ~Elo of BlackHand (Alliance)
    (TBC Team) 1xPally, 4xShaman -> Elothyn(70), Eloshama(70), Eloshamb(70), Eloshamc(70), Eloshamd(70)
    (Wrath Team) 1xPally, 2x Shaman, 1xMage, 1xDruid -> Elothyn(74), Eloshama(74), Eloshamc(73), Elozaen(73), Elothune(73)
    (Alts) 1xPriest, 1xWarlock, 1xWarrior -> Elothin(70), Elozen(70), Elothan(70)

Default RE: Ideazon Fang Gamepad Review

Quote Originally Posted by 'elo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=38439#post38439
    at first I freaked out because the software that came with it couldn't be remapped. OK, actually I was pissed.
    Exactly the same thing happened to me when I got mine... Fancy not sending the decent version of the software with it