I just started programming my extra keys on my G15. I love how it has options to repeat while the key is pressed down.

I mapped my G1 key to a button that runs my castsequence macro for my basic totem setup. Strength of earth, windfury, mana regen, and wrath. I also added another button for my click_smartbuff macro. So the G1 key is programmed to "8 press down, 8 release, 9 press down, 9 release" I then set the key to repeat mode, where i press it and hold it to have it repeat and then release it to stop repeating.

In game it doesn't work that well. If i press it (g1), it'll hammer the 8 and 9 button like 1000 times per second. If i just stand there, it'll cycle through all the buffs and i'll release the button (g1) and it stops. When I have the button (g1) pressed down running the macro (hitting 8 and 9) i can barely do any other actions. If i try to mouse look the camera zips around and acts all weird and it's just difficult to control.

I was hoping I could get a hardware/software combo that could be programmed (just like the G15 and xkeys where you map a special key to like Alt+1) and also have a repeating function. I envisioned myself playing like this.

Hold the buff (G1) key while running off to my target to get buffs cycling,

Pull my target back. Release the (G1) button again to stop buffs

Hold my open fire (g2) button so it will repeat while I gain control of the adds with my warrior.

release the open fire (g2) button while i refocus targets.

oh shit, a patrol! Need to heal the warrior. Press my Heal Tank (g7) button so it spams heal while i control the fight.

release the (g7) heal tank button to stop healing once things are under control.

Press the AOE shit to death (g10) button to get the fight over with. Release all buttons (repeating keys) at the conclusion. Loot and move on.

I feel like this could work with the way the G15 operates, but i think it repeats the key press too quickly. Is there a way to adjust this frequency?

With x-keys, can i adjust the frequency of the repeat or are there even problems with holding down more than one repeatable key?

Is there other macro recording software available that could offer more control with the way keys are repeated? I'm willing to purchase other hardware / software options.

Button mashing was fun fo the first year and a half i played wow. Now my fingers and wrists are starting to get tired and I have to take more frequent breaks. I think this would go a long way to keep the fucntionality i'm looking for without worsening my repeatitive strain injury.

[edit] Completely removed any mention of the 'toggle' function while using the G15. It's derailing the topic.