Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Slave Pens

Default Slave Pens

This instance has to be my nemisis.

Back on US servers the first time i tried to multibox in a heroic was Slave pens and I was using 2 warriors. I was JUST starting this type of multiboxing with keyclone so I didn't have all my buttons set up yet and I was still very much all thumbs. I couldn't main tank and DPS once I got to the mobs that cast intimidating shout and charm. After about wiping on pretty much every pack of trash after the lobster boss, we finally made it to the last boss. I couldn't keep that boss turned facing my main while paying attention to the 2nd warrior as DPS. After spending probably 3 to 4 hours wiping in that dungeon I finally gave up and let a couple guildies come in to replace me.

Now I've started a full 5 box team and I'm back in Slave pens. This time normal mode using a 70 Warrior tank, 61 pally healer, 61 destruction lock, 61 fire mage and a 64 elemental shaman. zomfg my problems haven't been solved.

On the trash: If the soothsayers charm my tank, it's a wipe. If my tank gets feared, it's a wipe. I was tanking in berserker stance to break fear, so when i do that it'll save me unless another fear lands while zerker rage is on CD. Can my paladin dispel the charm or the intimidating shout? I didn't have a chance to try because i didn't have a good dispel macro set up at the time. (actually, i still don't have a good dispel macro, any advice on how to set one up?)

The last boss, quag: So i set my tank up against the wall and put my 4 other toons on the opposite side of the tank. I didn't have the buff from the naturalist because i got charmed and wiped while fighting the trash that spawned when attempting to rescue him.

Attempts 1 - 3: I had my 4 toons in their normal formation behind the boss (in close proximity) and the shaman DPSing/ off healing. Pally main heals and warlock/mage DPS. When the boss turned around and started spitting all my toons were getting hit. I had stupid errors in my healing macros taht I didn't notice for the first 3 or so wipes.

Attempts 3 - 5: I spread my toons out in a bigger semi circle and I bound poison cleaning totem to it's own macro so i can hit it when the poison volley goes off. Nature resist totem and totem of wrath were down also. I was trying to pay more attention with the tank to taunt the boss as soon as he turned aroudn to spit. My paladin just wasn't healing everyone well enough. Not having an AOE heal sucks. I was also having problem losing the boss with the tank.

Attempts 5-7: I stopped DPSing with my shaman and started healing. When i took my shaman outta DPS mode I felt more comfortable with healing, but i had serious dps problems. I was doing very well , but then my mage / lock ran outta mana, and eventually i'd screw up with my tanking and the boss would run off after I used my taunt to turn him while he used the acid geyser.

Attempts 7+: I tried a variety of combinations with my warriors equipment. I was using shield and spell reflect and i started drinking poitions and I would do very well until I lost agro on the boss.

Attempts 10+: I had to res at the spirit healer, and go back on 3 or 4 more runs before I finally took him down. But losing his aggro was killing me. I'm not sure how i finally managed to take him down. I'm not sure if i could do it again in another run in 2 or 3 tries. When i killed him my warrior was in tanking gear dual wielding and all my mana users had consumed mana potions.

I was wiping on this guy for like 2 hours. It was so painful. Any advice on how to deal with his agro reducing component and the acid geyser? The rest of the fight is easy. It really should be an easy fight.

I can vaguely remember doing this guy as a warrior playing normally. I think i killed him once or twice before and can't remember the same kinds of problems I was having while multiboxing. i guess I'm just faster with teh mocking blow when I have my undivided attention on my warrior.
    Absolute Power
    10 Boxing: Priest, Mage, Paladin x2, Warlock x2, Shaman x4
    Karazhan - 9 out of 11
    The Curator, Terestian Illhoof, Prince Malchezaar

On Quag, save your taunt till after he finishes his spray. He drops aggro after the spray so if you taunt him when he starts you struggle to get him back after.
    The Orcks of War
    Shaman Borck Zorck Dorck Porck Corck
    Mixed Team - Msblonde - Mswhite - Msblack - Msred - Msbrown -

haha thanks Thinus. Worked like a charm. Got him down in two tries last night. :thumbsup:
    Absolute Power
    10 Boxing: Priest, Mage, Paladin x2, Warlock x2, Shaman x4
    Karazhan - 9 out of 11
    The Curator, Terestian Illhoof, Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by 'Nixi',index.php?page=Thread&postID=36734#post3673 4
    haha thanks Thinus. Worked like a charm. Got him down in two tries last night. :thumbsup:
    Yeah, I made the mistake of taunting him as soon as he began to do his spray too.
    The Orcks of War
    Shaman Borck Zorck Dorck Porck Corck
    Mixed Team - Msblonde - Mswhite - Msblack - Msred - Msbrown -