Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 21

Default Where to at 50? Power leveling!

I'm using my main to power level 4 toons. I can pretty quickly get any set up to 50 (WC to 15, RFK to 20, SM to 35, ZF to 50) but I have no idea where to take them from there. I've always found ZF/BRD to be too tough, but with 4 healers (they're Shaman) I'm thinking I could just power level all the way to 58.

So... With that in mind, what instance would be best at 50? I can use my Warlock or my Warrior to power level, both pretty well geared. Any suggestions much appreciated!

Tony
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

I remember people saying Strat if you have a paladin (only the major pulls in live side/near side entrance); don't know if it can be done with a warrior or warlock thou. 1st rooms in scholo should also good for massive AOE, and both instances can be entered at lvl 45. About BRD, the big room with dwarves and dogs is also worth a pull or 2.
    Hope that helps

Power levelling slows down a LOT after 50, you'd be better of questing IMO. Hinterlands, Felwood, Ungoro & WPL all have a lot of multiboxer friendly quests...

Cheers,

Stealthy
    The Zerg (Magtheridon - US)

Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F.

I used a terribly geared 70 warrior to PL three of my toons. (Paly, mage, warlock; group total was 4 characters until level 58 when i tossed in my shaman)

At 49 to around 51 I was in Sunken Temple, and then from 51 to 54ish I was in black rock depths. Strat was too hard and I couldn't clear it, but scholo was managable and I stayed there until 56. Then I shoved 10 gold into the hands of the first mage i saw for a port to shattrath and then I started clearing ramparts. I did ramps until all my toons were honored and level 60, then I went to Blood furnance for a few runs. At 61 I started doing underbog and slave pens and my toons are 62 now. I'll be doing underbog and slave pens till they get all the gear and rep from those places before moving to mana tombs.

Fury Warrior (70), Elemental Shaman (65), Holy Paladin (62), Destruction Warlock (62) and Fire Mage (61).
    Absolute Power
    10 Boxing: Priest, Mage, Paladin x2, Warlock x2, Shaman x4
    Karazhan - 9 out of 11
    The Curator, Terestian Illhoof, Prince Malchezaar

Well, my warlock has 10khp and 1300 spell damage roughly... I'm thinking that with the four shaman healing him (I'll spec'em all resto I guess) that he should be able to dot everything and let the Felguard do all the work through BRD and Scholo. If a single warlock can solo it in an hour, it stands to reason that with 4 healers along it goes even faster!

Any other suggestions for where to go/spec involved? Could my set up (using the Warrior I assume) work in Ramparts? Thanks again!

I was really nervous about taking my level 56 toons into ramps with my 70 warrior. My warriors equip is bad. I'm still in mostly high warlords gear from pre-tbc with some outlands greens mixed in.

You have four shamans? That would be perfect to support him. I just kept my warrior in a fury spec and used whirlwind and cleave constantly. I could hold agro over my lowbies without a problem single target DPSing. Just lightning bolt the crap outta stuff, and if you're comfortable with the way your warrior is holding threat, toss in chain lightnings.

Even though I have a mage and lock, I don't use CC much in ramps. Just take out the big blue guys that mortal strike and drop agro first. Keep the casters focused on you and fight them away from your clones so that when they start casting the AOE only your warrior is getting hit. About 5-6 pulls in, there is a houndsmaster or something with 2 blue guys (destroyers?), just level the beast guy first or you'll get adds. I would pop retaliation there just to ensure my warrior is holding agro and the beast guy dies quick. Now I'm comfortable enough that I don't waste the CD.

The first boss, just kill the healer adds first. I would sheep one healer, but now I don't bother and just kill one, then the other, then take on the boss.

The 2nd boss: Spread your guys out and charge in with the warrior. When the little fiends are summoned in pick them up and kill them. When he kicks your warrior in the air. he's gonna start casting a 1500+ damage spell on one of your shamans. Just spam heal on that shaman while trying to intercept back in with your warrior and taunt. Keep spamming heal on that clone until taunt is off and he turns to the warrior.

The last boss took me a bit to figure out because at the time i didn't have a good movement system for my clones. Now I just spread all 4 clones out on the ramp leading down tothe platform, then when fire hits, i just hit forward with all the clones. I learned that i need to kill the orc rider asap to get the dragon to land. So i pop recklessness here. I can bring the dragon down before it hits any of my clones with the fire. While meleeing the dragon, keep an eye out because he'll still drop a fire bomb on the clones so they have to move. oh, and face him away from the clones!

When i first started doing this with my toons at 56 it was pretty tough, and I wiped a decent amount. However I did clear the whole place with 3 56's and my warrior. Just 4 toons.

As far as advice on specs, I have had 0 problems healing my fury warrior dualwielding with my lowbie pally healer. I wouldn't spec the 4 shamans restro. I wouldn't even spec one resto. Just keep them elemental and have at least 1 or 2 set up to heal. What i mean by set up to heal is have at least one shaman not casting lightningbolts when your mashing the main attack button. I might tie his lightning bolt to another button that your warrior uses, but a little less frequently. (whirlwind). This will keep him throwing bolts, but when you need to heal, you won't have to stop DPS with your main body of clones, just keep mashing your main DPS button and he won't join in, just hit the heals now. (just don't spam your main DPS button and whirlwind when you're trying to heal!)
    Absolute Power
    10 Boxing: Priest, Mage, Paladin x2, Warlock x2, Shaman x4
    Karazhan - 9 out of 11
    The Curator, Terestian Illhoof, Prince Malchezaar

I have 3 lvl 30 warlocks, I have a 70 druid ins very nice gear, but I find it very slow to lv them, maybe after stocks the other instances seem slower because they are less densely packed with mobs, but i found it SO boring doing cath over and over..

how do you guys do SM?

I did BRD until 57

at level 57 do all the rep hand ins at Eastern Plaguelands for Argent Dawn, the 1st time you do it you get exp.

indeed, save a lot of

1. fronds (the greenie stuff not sure about this name)
    2. dark iron scraps
    3. skeleton bones (not sure about this name)
    4. fiend parts

thats almost an instant new level

Nixi: My Warrior is in full S1/Vindicators with the tier 2 BS weapon. I'm still just not sure about the healing though... I guess we'll find out

Mokoi: I spec 27/34 or close. I get full Demonic Knowledge and Siphon Life and double dot everything until I hit the Cath proper. Then you can SoC pull most of it and pick up the stragglers with double dots. You never have to heal because of the SL healing. I can finish a run in about 8 minutes if I don't loot anything but the bosses and I don't have to move the bots myself. Moving them myself though takes a lot more time ugh.

Majestic: When did you go to BRD and what was your setup? My Warlock and Warrior are both full S1 with Vindicators but my 'lock also has full Spellfire and Shadowweave, so I'm not sure who's going to do the most damage and still get by on healing.

Has anyone done Silithus around 56/57? Is it *really* faster to power level in instances post 50 when you're leveling 4 toons? I don't care about it being boring, I just care about results

Thanks again for all the help!