Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Default Whats blizzards stance on account sharing?

Is it allowed?

What would they do if the two accounts being shared used the same last name?

I can tell you right now stop and go buy battlechest in your name. Here's my epic story for you:
    Background:
    Accounts 1,2,3 = Mine
    Account4 = I bought the account for my brother when we lived together but it was put in his name, long story short he stopped playing and I was still paying for it so I used it.
    Account5= Girlfriend's account whom I live with.

So, I level 5 shamans to 70 rape some face in PvP instances etc... Then one day I log on and accounts 3-5 have been "closed" for a ownership dispute. All the accounts had forms that I had to fill out and fax to Blizzard proving that I was the owner of the account. Blizzard specifically told me in a post that "Account sharing even from well established couples is against the ToS." I got my accounts turned back on, Account4 = I'm not paying for and will remain off till my brother decides to play again (he just got a free lvl 70 sham wewt). Account5= She still plays it and I do not. Accounts 4+5 Version 2 now = 2 Battle chests that I bought the same weekend this went down. Don't risk getting your accounts ban for multi-boxing on them lol. I consider it a close call being as I didn't get ban, but I'm about 99.9% sure if I was to continue multi-boxing with my old setup accounts 4 and 5 would be no more.

Side note... Accounts 1 and 2 are like the same name with a number variance. Example: Bob Bob2, but my third account is completely different but all the information is me, so that I why I think they closed that one too and made me fax in a form. They left BoB and BoB2 alone keke.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Toned',index.php?page=Thread&postID=36261#post362 61
    I can tell you right now stop and go buy battlechest in your name. Here's my epic story for you:
    Background:
    Accounts 1,2,3 = Mine
    Account4 = I bought the account for my brother when we lived together but it was put in his name, long story short he stopped playing and I was still paying for it so I used it.

So, I level 5 shamans to 70 rape some face in PvP instances etc... Then one day I log on and accounts 3-5 have been "closed" for a ownership dispute. All the accounts had forms that I had to fill out and fax to Blizzard proving that I was the owner of the account. Blizzard specifically told me in a post that "Account sharing even from well established couples is against the ToS." I got my accounts turned back on, Account4 = I'm not paying for and will remain off till my brother decides to play again (he just got a free lvl 70 sham wewt). Account5= She still plays it and I do not. Accounts 4+5 Version 2 now = 2 Battle chests that I bought the same weekend this went down. Don't risk getting your accounts ban for multi-boxing on them lol. I consider it a close call being as I didn't get ban, but I'm about 99.9% sure if I was to continue multi-boxing with my old setup accounts 4 and 5 would be no more.

Side note... Accounts 1 and 2 are like the same name with a number variance. Example: Bob Bob2, but my third account is completely different but all the information is me, so that I why I think they closed that one too and made me fax in a form. They left BoB and BoB2 alone keke.
    Normally I'd say "Yep, yep, don't share accounts, you get pwnd." However, this story raises a question that I'd be interested in knowing. You say you got all accounts turned back on. It sounds like that includes your brothers and girlfriends, and you mention buying battlechests. Does this mean you were able to move your shaman off their accounts and onto yours? This confuses me, because I was under the impression the only way you could move a character from one account to another was if both accounts were under the same name? Thanks in advance for clarifying!

Default RE: Whats blizzards stance on account sharing?

Quote Originally Posted by 'Warsong-boxer',index.php?page=Thread&postID=36259#post3625 9
    Is it allowed?

What would they do if the two accounts being shared used the same last name?
    Its not hard to read the TOS and find your answer. No it's not allowed.

People however do it. I don't know how they can find out if you share but it can happen. So do it at your own risk.
    AKAMA > (The Zerg) > 4x Shamans > FirstRock, SecondRock, ThridRock, FourthRock

Quote Originally Posted by 'Tehtsuo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=36265#post3 6265
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Toned',index.php?page=Thread&postID=36261#post362 61
    Background:
    Accounts 1,2,3 = Mine

Normally I'd say "Yep, yep, don't share accounts, you get pwnd." However, this story raises a question that I'd be interested in knowing. You say you got all accounts turned back on. It sounds like that includes your brothers and girlfriends, and you mention buying battlechests. Does this mean you were able to move your shaman off their accounts and onto yours? This confuses me, because I was under the impression the only way you could move a character from one account to another was if both accounts were under the same name? Thanks in advance for clarifying!
    Yes, I was able to get my 1 account turned back on by faxing in a copy of my DL and the completed form... My g/f had to do the same as well as my brother. I left the shamans on their accounts and I am currently lvling 5 horde and 2 Alliance to replace the 2 on said accounts brothers + g/f's. I didn't even attempt to transfer the toons wasn't worth the hassle.

Here's a simple way of how the GM's find out.

You pwned some noob ganker, and he reports you for botting because they don't understand how you can control 5 toons at once.
    or
    You are going through Iron Forge and people report you for botting because they don't understand how you can control 5 toons at once.

GM checks out your account, the names are not the same, must not be the same owner.

Banned.

The End.

Moral, spend the little bit of money now to have your own accounts at the beginning, or spend the little bit of money and a whole lot of time doing it all over again because it wasn't your account.
    [align=center]5-boxing - Paladin, Shaman, 3x Mages[/align]
    WC-20,VC-25,SFK-25,BFD-27,Stk-27,RFK-29,Gnm-31,SM (G-32,L-34,A-35,C-36),RFD-41,ULD-42,ZF-46,Mar(O-47, P-48, I-48],ST-52,BRD-54,62,LBRS-62,Strt-63,DM-63,Paly Mt Qt-63, Schl-63
    HR-63,BF-64,SP-64(2/3)68(3/3),UB-68,MT-67,AC-0/2,Seth-1/2,SH-1/4

Default RE: Whats blizzards stance on account sharing?

[quote='Warsong-boxer',index.php?page=Thread&postID=36259#post3625 9]Is it allowed?

What would they do if the two accounts being shared used the same last name?[/quote]

You could also do a [url='http://dual-boxing.com/forums/index.php?form=search']search[/url] on "account sharing" and see the numerous discussions on this topic. According to Blizzard's terms of service and eula, they do not recognize the transfer of any accounts and can ban you for doing so.

Didn't we have someone who did get banned very late in the game (post 60+) for account sharing? Was that you, Toned? I can't find the post.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

I didn't get ban... they just made me send in proof of ownership, and I stopped using the accounts that weren't soley in my name. Then bought 2 more battle chests and rerolled.

You're talking about a huge time investment man, best to stick to the letter of the law in this case. It sucks but it's just the way it is. Sure you could get by for a long time, but like someone else said, you get some panty waist upset and they'll dig into ya deep.
    ~Elo of BlackHand (Alliance)
    (TBC Team) 1xPally, 4xShaman -> Elothyn(70), Eloshama(70), Eloshamb(70), Eloshamc(70), Eloshamd(70)
    (Wrath Team) 1xPally, 2x Shaman, 1xMage, 1xDruid -> Elothyn(74), Eloshama(74), Eloshamc(73), Elozaen(73), Elothune(73)
    (Alts) 1xPriest, 1xWarlock, 1xWarrior -> Elothin(70), Elozen(70), Elothan(70)

Update: I was using all 3 chars...2 are one ... one isnt. I tried to log on today and the account that wasnt mine had its pasword changed.

I was just using them to run heroics with friends so no one would know but we had to clear the summoning stone and i just got into killing alliance and ended up camping the stone for like 10 minutes. I was pretty sure I was being reported because so many of them weren't releasing so i logged off the 3rd char that wasnt mine, but the damage is still done this morning.

Guess I can only dual box pvp, but I can triple box instances.

LOL second update ... his account got hacked and it wasn't blizzard so im in the clear. It wasnt my fault either this is the 2nd account he has gotten hacked.