Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Has anybody here 5boxed Sethekk Halls Talon King Ikiss??

Hey there! Anybody 5box Sethekk Halls yet? If so, how did you handle Talon King Ikiss? His AOE pwnd me.

If you have a movie, please post it in this thread

Thanks!

hey skarlot in what way do you make your chars stop follow, press w on all windows or something?
    [align=right][ http://theoptimen.blogspot.com | Level 70 5 Boxer- [A] Frostmourne US ]
    [ 5 Shamans, 1 Druid & 1 Warrior - Mix & Match ]
    [/align]

i make them strafe.
    Author of Octopus (no longer being developed).

Keep all your chars on follow. LET THE SHEEP HAPPEN. If you have grounding totem, don't even bother. The sheep will help you regain health/mana.

You'll want to run healer heavy -- either with a geared out healer or a healer and offhealer. Shadowpriests work wonders.

This is my strat with 4 ele shammies + prot pally (no resto shammy, cuz I'm dumb)... I believe I did this around lvl 68...
    Pull him over to a corner near a pillar. Lay your totems: lots of healing stream + a mana spring, standard air and earth totems, and SEARING totem.
    Keep your dps on /follow as you won't have to move much. Someone will get sheeped, typically 2nd on aggro (he will never sheep 1st on aggro) so watch the threat meters.
    When he starts gibbering and blinks to one of your characters, you need to GTFO. Run AROUND the pillar (to the opposite side -- LOS him), making sure that your /follow'ers are not stuck on one of the silly poles. If done quickly and nobody gets stuck, you should take ZERO damage from the arcane explosion. If you have spare time, start bandaging on all of your characters. Dispell any sheeps that remain when he starts his aoe -- otherwise they'll get nicely blasted.
    This is where the searing totem comes in -- he seems to drop aggro and will aggro the searing totems. Let him smack them around while you use the time to get a good bandage and heal. Let him come to you, and tank him here. The next time he blinks/ae's run around the pillar to where you started.

It's a matter of healing through the volleys, which have a very long range, and dpsing him down while watching the threat meters. You never want your tank to get sheeped. Since my pally is my tank, I was able to dispell sheeps while he's AE'ing without worrying about my priest/pally healer getting sheeped. If you only have 1 dispeller, make sure they have their PvP trinket in case they're sheeped while he's starting his AoE. If you healer gets sheeped, your backup healer will need to take over with the healing.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

One thing you want to try and do (which the video did show) is to position yourself and your guys to move as little as possible and not get hung up on the torches. When I was first trying I was moving too far away from the pillar, usually do to sheep, and either getting a clone caught on a torch or getting clipped by the aoe.

I run 5 shaman and I actually didn't use an Earth Elemental totem, it was much easier just to tank with whatever shaman had aggro. The aoe would 1 shot the elemental and even if I chained them that would mean less elementals for the previous fights. The room right before Ikiss was much more difficult than the boss. I would drop my fire elementals though for the added DPS. I don't think that strat would work in heroic though. However the movement is important whether you have a tank or not.

I didn't know the thing about the searing totem, though I should have tried it because it works on Leo
    Tamas, Inirra, Jamac, Cereixa, Tetria

http://www.youtube.com/tetriaeiou

I don't know how well this will work for multi boxing since you have to get around a corner fast.. and pulling your guys around on follow might be difficult, but the best strat I've seen on this guy is to use the doorways that you enter his room with as the blastwave blockers.

I ran this like 38 times on my druid when I was trying to gear him up with the assasination shoulders for tanking, I know that sounds insane, but I was obsessed with getting those shoulders for some reason ( best rated shoulders for bear tanks because you can put two +12 stam gems in there). I never got them, saw them twice and lost the roll both times. I was being stubborn about NOT going for the pvp shoulders, I should have just done that from the start.. but I had this fundamental problem with having a need to do pvp for pve gear, but I digress..

I can't draw the pic, so I'll try to explain it. The tank pulls talon king to a spot just inside the entrance doorway to his room and tanks him there till be blinks. when he blinks, he will blink one way or the other, either still in that entrance hallway, or into the previous room, which ever way he blinks, everyone runs around and hides on the opposite side of the doorframe, after he blows up he will come after you there, you tank him there until he blinks again, do the same thing, run around the other side of the door again, rinse and repeat till he's dead. Its the safest way I have ever done him, never loose anyone unless they are too slow to get around the door and get blown up, but its much easier to run around the door frame then run away from around those columns in his room. I'm looking forward to trying this with my team when they get there. I assume with my shaman, I can drop all my totems just in the doorway so they are in range no matter which side we have to fight him on. Someone try it and let me know how it goes

Wauw this boss is a RETARD, damned, all my guys are in the red, but finally got him down.

Tactic I used was a LOT of chain heals (heal before dps), the searing totems, and running around the back side of a pilar (no funy things to get stuck behind). It took me some time to get used to it, but he died eventually. The bitchy thing is noticing his blink fast enough and run away in that 5 sec time frame.

What a rush tho omg, why are all the ring of thingywhatsitsname instances filled with such retard bosses, mééén

I use a slightly different tactic.

I place my shammies hugged onto the right pillar, drop all totems, no searing only TOW.
    I pull with 4 LBs, followed by shocks, (i use frost on my main so he gets aggro) then DPS until he blinks.
    When he blinks i run around the pillar, just far enough to be out of sight.
    Then i start chainheal on all 4, even if at full health, this will immidiatly heal up the volley that comes.
    When the volley has come, he runs around to me, and the fight continues.
    I always keep groundings down to counter sheep.

Ill see if i can do a run tonight, but i might feel more like grinding honor.. (getting close to eeeeeepppppiiiixxxxx)
    Mulitboxing four shamen.
    [s]Ravencrest-EU.[/s] Xavius-EU

start out with heavy dps! when he reaches you he will start the AE. easiest boss in normal mode imo and once you get a hang of it hes as easy in heroic.
    barely need to heal on him... tho many others seems to only heal...
    Dazhgra - Zenedar (eu) Horde Quad shammies