Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Greeting and Intro

I have been doing it manually, 2 pc 2 accts for a few months. It's been challenging and frustrating to say the least. I didn't even know there was a name for this, or resources to assist. I'm trying to assimilate all the new info I've been reading on this site, and it's overwhelming.

I have one keyboard on top of another and use one hand for two mice (when needed). My shoulder is actually being strained by the height of my chair and the height of the keyboard, and that's my fault/fixable. Mainly, I use 70's that solo'd all the way. My BM hunter is good and levels the new acct, and my 70 mage levels the old acct. While the hunter has clear advantages, it's never had the dps of my mage, even spec'd MM. Both of these 'mains' are fine for most of the old world instances, maybe up to lbrs/strat/scholo on my best day. I really can't picture it in outland. Not even with 2 accts of 70's. It's not been fun, and even with two 70's working in a team, it seems that I'd kill faster with just the mage. I think(hope) the software would resolve that. Trying to powerlevel alts has been often a terrible slow grind. Before I can react and grab the right control to do something, the lowbie is often dead. Mostly, the mage just spams arc expl and tanks everything, hoping to dps them before succumbing. At least buying some time to think and act and not just react.

I will take a look at the software, try to figure out what to do. But some of what I've read here, seems a bit mistifying, somewhat contradictory at times. And there's new jargon. But apparently, you guys run two accts, per pc if you ahve two pc's. Or one acct per pc if you have multiple. And at least one or all accts are run in windowed mode. I think much of the questions will sort themselves out when I try out some of this software. But, you guys run 4 accts or 5, general consencus? That seems pretty pricey. I have read that at least a few of you do the pvp and one is top rated. I want to run these new instances. But it seems that multiclassing makes the multiboxing more difficult?

I like the idea of the Mag server, but I've grinded out 4 60-63s and 4 70's, two epic flying mounts, and the 4th guild bank tab on my present server. And despite the defense, I hate PVP, I'm just not that facile with the keys. Def/off and the like.

Lastly, I'm horribly addicted to this game, at the same time I'm in severe burnout. Not being 12-20, I just wish most of these kids would die in a fire. So, I'm rather stuck on my own. Wait on group quests til I'm 70, and try to 2 man them. Not do instances. not get any good gear, not go do anything fun or cool. Being alone in a mmorpg is a bizarre concept. Partly my age, partly my personality, doesn't lend itself to interest or desire to know or talk to most of my server. And i was hoping it was full of people more like me. Full of jokes, and some sort of clue that people were supposed to be competing against the game, not the other players. Not like it is, not to the extent that any lowbie can expect to get almost no help. Unless another player has an alt that would benefit.

Default RE: Greeting and Intro

Welcome

I have started up a 5man team on one pc, using keyclone to setup 5 instances of wow across 2 monitors and using one keyboard to control them all (and a nostromo n52).

I'm level 16/17 now, done about 4-5 rfc runs and getting really efficient at controlling them all... this morning I even pulled 2 x groups and a patrol and killed them all without breaking a sweat!

Quote Originally Posted by 'Atorifan',index.php?page=Thread&postID=33951#post 33951
    But it seems that multiclassing makes the multiboxing more difficult?
    I'm running a paladin for easy-mode/aoe tanking, holy priest for group healing, shadow priest, warlock and mage. It's quite easy to control dps and dots even though the classes are different. It also means I get stam buff, int buff, imp buff, paladin blessins and aura - then I will get soulstone etc.. the shadow priest and warlock compliment each other and the mage can conjur food and water.

All female blood elves sexy!

I'm new to this as well but its sounds as if your making things hard for your self.

The easiest thing if your just running 2 accounts is to have them the same Class, It will make things a lot easier. Once you got you keyboard linked to both games you should be able to set up one of your accounts just to copy the other. on you second account unbind the walk keys (you can bind them to number pad if you want) and have one button set to follow and assist you first account. Use number keys to cast you spells, and now you should be able to play one account and have the other one running behind you copying what you do.

I started in the same position as you. I had 2 computers 2 keyboards 2 mice. I basically only used my resto shaman for his earth shield buff, didn't even bother grouping him with my warrior.

Since I found this site I setup a trial account and now have 3 accounts running on 1 computer. Using keyclone I know have 3 shaman running around melting face. It is a lot easier than what I was doing before, but it also has its frustrations. I'm not very high level yet, so I'm constantly running around picking up quests and quest items across 3 computers.

As for he old world instances, I have a MS warrior and a resto shaman. I have duo'd all the old 5 man content without much problem. Ive been trying to make a 45min baron run for kicks. I'm about 5 mins away from beating it.
    3x Shaman Vraz, Fraz, Wraz