Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Newbe Question: 5xboxing on 3 computers

I'm thinking of getting 2 computers to run 4 alts and running my main on my old computer (that can easily run wow)
    I plan on using the monitor on my Alts computer rotated by 90deg (so they are higher then they are wide and having 2 copies of wow running on each computer one on top of the other.

My question is this:
    What sort of spec PC am I looking for to run 2 copies of wow in lowest graphic settings? (I know I would need dual core but what other sort of spec am I after?)
    Whats the smallest rez I can run a window copy of wow in? (noobish question I know)
    If I use only software to transmit keyboard and mouse commands will it work with cross computer then cross window? if so how would I do this? if not what sort of hardware would I need?

I was feeling really mad could I run 4 copies of wow on one kick arse computer and have dual monitor out put to show 4 windows across 2 screens or have 4 windows on on screen? what sort of spec would I need for this? (I guess I would need a quad core CPU for this but what sort of spec and graphics card)

Hello Tnarg and welcome to the forums!

1. cheap machine for 2 wows?

check this link for a cheap pc capable of running 2 wows:
    cheap box - HP PAVILION SLIMLINE S3200N - $380

2. smallest res?

you can reduce the size to whatever you want, technically. whether or not it's playable is a different story. try to stay above 640x480 just because... keep in mind you can always reduce the fps to improve your machines performance

3. will software work across computers and then cross window?

yes... keyclone does this no problem

4. if so, how to do this?

buy a keyclone license for each computer, then connect the keyclones together... and add your wows to the keyclone window...

5. if i was feeling mad, could i run 4 on one machine?

yes... please run 5 on one machine with dual monitors. 2x2 on one screen.. and their main on another. check the screenshots forums for machines and specs

i hope that helps. have a great day!

Thanks for the fast reply.
    Cool 1 computer seem the best(cheapest) way to go then.
    I was worried that 4 core running 5 wows would not be up to it and I would get two of them running slowly.
    But I would really like the idea of 3 screens, 1 landscape in the middle with my main on it and 2 portrait with my alts on each side, would I need two graphic cards to do this, would it be hard to do?

I'm running 3 instances of wow on one comp with an athlon 64 3700. (single core 2.2g processor and 1.5m ram) Also using an athlon video card, so you don't need a super computer with a top of the line vid card. I do have a 19" lg widescreen monitor, not sure if that affects anything.

@Tnarg
    i have heard that it's possible to have 10 displays driven by a single computer... although i have not seen it in practice.

i have been told, you can put 2 cards in the box (make sure you have a big enough power supply) and drive 4 monitors (or 3 for your purposes).

maybe one of the hardware gurus here can respond to give some personal experience. either way, please post your resolutions

@Keyclone
    Thanks for the input, my computer will not get here till Friday and I'm a way this week end so will not get around to trying this till monday, will post Tuesday where I got to.
    I'm going with a 2 monitor set up to to get started. Once I got that working I'll think about 3.