Close
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Default Newb to Newb advice - blind leading the blind +n52 advice

Well you already know I'm pretty new, but I thought I'd just give a low down of my setup

Paladin 15 - focus
    S Priest 15
    H Priest 14
    Warlock 14
    Mage 14

Just cleared RFC, that was fun

Well I have a nostromo n52, and I've setup as such

dpad up = tab nearest enemy

then Top row

1 = fade on both priests + paladin righteous defence on macro to target enemies target, so I don't need to select the party member.
    2 = follow/assist macro for alts (as seen in stickys), casts seal on paladin and puts him into attack mode
    spam key - 3 = alts use a macro to keep the original focus target until dead before moving on to next focus target, fireball, smite and shadow bolt from the dps currently, the paladin has a judgement / stun macro, so now and then I do that 1min cooldown stun.
    4 = dot macro for warlock, fireball macro for mage and working on a swp macro
    5 = seal on paladin again, and get target, sheep, clear target macro for mage.

next row for healing..

6,7,8,9,0 = /stopcasting (shield, alt = heal, shift = renew) focus, player, party2, party3, party4
    using the red button for alt and the big button at bottom for shift.
    the dps have their fireball, smite, shadow bolt macro in these slots too.. .so even if I end up chain healing the dps keep firing their target... I suspect many people do this, but I figured it out on my own and some other newbs might like to take note.

next line I have currently, drink and accept macro (as seen in stickys)

in combat i generally just use the n52 except for the pulls, where I use the keyboard to get the paladin into position and start some dots, then i switch to the n52 so i can control dps and healing together.

It's nothing special, but it might give some new people some pointers of where to start. If any pro's have any better ideas to get me going in the right direction, I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Don't know if anyone else will find this useful but on subject of n52 this is what I use:

Buttons:
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
    6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 0
    a | c | d | e

1 = Main - with ctrl set focus / Alts follow/assist.
    2 = Main target nearest enemy / Alts nothing
    3 = Main Forward / Alt nothing.
    4 = Bar slot 7 (on both).
    5 = Bar slot 8 (on both).
    6 = Shift Key (on both).
    7 = Main turn left* / Alt nothing.
    8 = Main walk back / Alt walk forward.
    9 = Main turn right* / Alt nothing.
    0 = Bar slot 9 (on both).
    a = Ctrl key (on both).
    b = Alt key (on both).
    c = Bound to X which is usually sit/move down, but depends on which team I'm running.
    d = Bar slot 10 (on both).
    left = Bar slot 1 (on both).
    up = Bar slot 2 (on both).
    right = Bar slot 3 (on both).
    down = Bar slot 4 (on both).
    thumb = Bar slot 5 (on both).
    orange = Bar slot 6 (on both).
    scroll button = Bound to Delete, used for a quick access key to quest items normally, or DE on enchanters.
    scroll up = Unbound (on both).
    scroll down = Unbound (on both).

Each character has a focus set macro bound through F1-F3 (I only run a max of three characters at once), roughly each character is assigned a number 1-3, on their own number they have a clear focus macro:
    Code:
    /clearfocus
    while on the other two they have a focus macro that refers to the other team members by name eg:
    Code:
    /focus mugnin
    Button 1 on the nostromo is bound to a button/macro that when there is no focus set or the focus is not a player does nothing. When focus is set it follows and assists that focus eg:
    Code:
    /assist focus
    /follow focus
    I spam that after leaving a battle (not combat), so any alts that stopped following do so, it also allows me to switch targets on the followers in battle, as by default they carry on attacking their initial target.

I have two main bars on each character, the first is buttons (keyboard) 1-0 and the second is ctrl+1-0 (also keyboard), as you can tell from my Nostromo setup I can use four sets of buttons if I need. I sometimes also have a set bound to alt+1-0 and shift+1-0 but so far I haven't needed this on any team.

Each spell on both the main and the alts is run from a macro that looks like this: (uses the question mark icon).
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /target [harm,nodead][target=focustarget,harm,nodead][target=pettarget,harm,nodead]
    /cast Arcane Shot
    So far I have only run Hunters and Warlocks, so its possible (likely) that that macro would need some work for use outside those classes. What it does mean is that I can switch from my main onto an alt in seconds, all I need to do is hit the F key that corresponds to that alt, making it the focus. I run 2-3 clients all overlapped on screen at once, I have an X-Mouse like system within windows so that the client with the mouse cursor over it moves into foreground after 250ms (not very long). If I could find a way of setting keys through keyclone depending on which screen had focus I could do away with the the focus setting system as well.

For now though that all works flawlessly.

I run the whole thing through keyclone and some of the keys are run through the round robin process, ATM concussive shot is RR on my hunters while the locks have fear on RR. Both also have the 4 button (nostromo) bound to the attack key and that is also on RR which I spam for both pets to attack. I also have a on-screen matrix for my number pad, arranged as it is in the keyboard, Hunters have 1,2,3,4,5, bound to their various traps all on RR, 6 is for explosive trap but isn't RR, 7 isn't used yet (might end up as stone skin) 8 is eat and 9 is drink. Warlocks use the Numpad for extra curses, so I can add different combinations depending on the mob and what attacks I'm using. And shaman who haven't yet been played with this new (to me system) did have totems on numpad with the addition of numpad0 as the totemic recall. (I only tested shaman on PTR so far.)

For the do not pass list I have 'e' default target key, 'w', 'a', 's', 'd' and 'backspace', with the system I have set on the macros I haven't found anything else that needs it.
    Currently running 3x City of Heroes under Octopus