Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Has anyone tried Eboostr to improve performance?

I 5 box on one machine and im looking for solutions to reduce my zone in time other than converting to a 64bit OS.

Someone pointed me in the direction of http://www.eboostr.com/ to help reduce the load on my page file as I im building up a heavy one. Anyone else tried this?

:thumbup:
    http://www.knightsofshadow.org
    Seastone - PvP - Defiant
    Nitro

Just open Windows Media Player. Play nothing there, and minimize. It works.
    Sanctume [Paladin] + [Team Shaman] Sanctumea + Sanctumei + Sanctumeo

Quote Originally Posted by 'Sanctume',index.php?page=Thread&postID=33448#post 33448
    That is a load of bull. Me and my roommates all tried this and nothing happened.
    AKAMA > (The Zerg) > 4x Shamans > FirstRock, SecondRock, ThridRock, FourthRock

Quote Originally Posted by 'Fursphere',index.php?page=Thread&postID=33461#pos t33461

Quote Originally Posted by 'Diamndzngunz',index.php?page=Thread&postID=33460# post33460

Quote Originally Posted by 'Sanctume',index.php?page=Thread&postID=33448#post 33448
    That is a load of bull. Me and my roommates all tried this and nothing happened.
    Then how do you explain so many others having success doing this?
    This trick is dependant on running WinXP 32bit to my knowlege. Vista/XP64 users will see no difference.
    Team Mith - Mithriel, Mithria, Mithrienne - Elemental Shaman Trifecta: Ysera PvE

20----25----30----35--[-]-40----45----50----55----60

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....sid=1&pageNo=1

1. Exit WoW if you're on
    2. Open Windows Media Player
    3. Start up WoW
    4. Enjoy faster loading times

Works for me, but according to that thread, not everyone. Some people even got Latency and FPS increases. If you get a benefit, please post your comp specs and maybe we can see a trend.

Athlon 3200
    2 GB ram
    GeForce 7600GT
    Windows XP
    "Someone supposedly knows a Microsoft Engineer who says something about MMCSS priority and how WMP is the only program with it. It forces a certain timing scenario to occur with processor instructions and causes a marked improvement in WoW."

" Fast forward to Windows XP.

There's a windows timer function that lets you modify the rate at which the internal clock runs basically xBegin and XEnd API's.

Basically you're telling Windows XP don't wait for these timeouts to update our application events - do them as fast as you possibly can. If you have a fast cpu, you'll see improvements, if you have a low end to moderate cpu, you may see performance decrease. You're basically telling windows "update all my shit now all the time and don't wait." and because of that, your system is working more and harder.

Now the reason this works when you load things like windows media player or any other application that needs to run in realtime is the API of the application is taking over the entire system scheduler of your computer and you're using the method it needs. Since it's bad if audio or video stops, pauses, or skips - they almost always use XBegin and xEnd API's- as a result, if you're running a game you're going to get the benefits of it.

So, don't bother registering for pandora, load up Windows Media Player, minimize it and enjoy."
    Sanctume [Paladin] + [Team Shaman] Sanctumea + Sanctumei + Sanctumeo

Um wasn't this the Nagel algorithm thing that has since been removed from the game?
    Currently running 3x City of Heroes under Octopus

Here's my opinion of REadyboost (The eBooster is just readyboost from Vista for XP)...

I work for a mid sized company and have a lot of resources at my disposal... I've plugged 15 different flash devices/memory devices/removable drives/etc into my Vista machine, and each one asks me to improve my windows performance, I tell it to do it, and each one then tells me that the device doesn't meet the standard to improve my performance. Each of these flash devices is from a different manufacturer ranging from 1gb to 4gb and all are USB2.0 on USB2.0 compliant hardware...

So... I've not found a thumb drive that works for this yet, and I've got a fair bit of resources available...
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

As for why so many people on the wow forums say Windows Media Player improves their performance...

McDonalds has sold a billion burgers, but it doesn't make them healthy or good.
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

The WMP "fix" was legit, and afaik has since been added into the default WoW client.

The fix only worked with 32-bit XP SP2 with WMP 9+ (10+?)

It only affected initial WoW startup and loading time, not zoning or performance once loaded afaik.

The WMP hack was for the Nagel Algorithm (or something similar) ready boost is an entirely different thing.
    Currently running 3x City of Heroes under Octopus