Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Follow/Assist in vehicle?

Hey,

I have all my boxing macros (follow, assist, interact, etc.) set up on my right action bar. Whenever I enter a vehicle, those bars disappear and the hotkeys stop working.

Anybody figured out a workaround for this? I remember clearing Storm Breaker Protocol a year ago or so but I have no idea how I fixed the action bar issue.

Cheers!

If I remember correctly, follow/assist will work if the macro specifies a character (i.e /follow toon1) as opposed to a focus or FTL based macro, and if it is not on a swapped action bar.

>mfw I don't realize i'm thinking about wow instead of rift.
    Last edited by EaTCarbS : 01-03-2014 at 05:42 AM
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

In Rift the keybinds only work if the bars are visible.

It may be a bug, they are disabling the bars instead of hiding them. But I have not been able to find a workaround.

For anybody that's interested - I found a way to manage my group using an addon called XMacros http://rift.curseforge.com/addons/xmacros/

It allows you to create customizable buttons and macros that are visible while in a vehicle. The down side is, you it doesn't allow hotkeys so functionality is limited for boxing. I created two buttons with basic follow/assist macros and use a simple repeater region to pass the clicks. It's a fairly ghetto solution, but I've managed to clear the vehicle phase of SBP, which is all I really wanted it for.

Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    For anybody that's interested - I found a way to manage my group using an addon called XMacros http://rift.curseforge.com/addons/xmacros/

It allows you to create customizable buttons and macros that are visible while in a vehicle. The down side is, you it doesn't allow hotkeys so functionality is limited for boxing. I created two buttons with basic follow/assist macros and use a simple repeater region to pass the clicks. It's a fairly ghetto solution, but I've managed to clear the vehicle phase of SBP, which is all I really wanted it for.
    That sounds good, I'll try that.

Here's what I've been doing so far: While in vehicles, I make everyone target the main so I don't need any /assist macros. I manually type in /follow in broadcast to make everyone follow the main.
    Team 1: 7x60p80 Clerics + 3x60p60 Mages (Legio IX)
    Team 2: 5x60 Clerics + 5x60 Rogues
    Team 3: 10x60 Warriors