Close
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 110

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    Anyone had any magic ideas about Dark Simulacrum?
    You mean a DS macro? I could give you mine if that is what you are asking.

Blog Entries

The whole one key = one action, has been horribly misquoted a thousand times or so.

The point the GM was making was every action is a direct result of an input that occurs now.
    Specifically, not the result of an input from 3 seconds or 9 seconds in the past; they don't want you to push one key now, have it Frost Nova, back up for a GCD, Cone of Cold, while you back up for another GCD, then Presence of Mind + Pyroblast... all as a result of the single initial push.

The game has this thing called the Global Cooldown, which specifically prevents you from initiating more actions at a given time, than they want you to use in that window of time.
    You can push Scorch, Fireball, Cone of Cold and Blizzard, but they will not all fire off.
    And even if you were to push all four hotkeys, whichever one fires off is a direct result of an input you made at the time the ability went off.

Taken from our Wiki:

"Here's the thing - that's not 5 actions. It's one action, per character.

It would not be okay, if, for example, you had those macros set up so that you had one button to cast frost nova, wait out the global cooldown, blink, delay for global cooldown, then cast blizzard all in a single button press. That is, of course, several button presses.

So, to expand your definition: 'safe' multi-boxing commands are one button press = one action per character."

Malkorix, Blizzard Poster

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=9879768787&pageNo=1&sid=1#9
    Last edited by Ualaa : 01-27-2011 at 11:48 PM
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

I haven't used DS at all yet. I generally pick the healer as my first focus target though so wouldn't it make sense just to hit that target with 4 DS at the outset also? Worst case scenario I would pick up a heal, best case scenario I would pick up some sort of defensive cooldown like pain suppression, bubble etc. Even better would be something like a fear. Either way if you use it up front on your first mana using target which you are unloading on, hopefully you scare them into using something big which you can then replicate.

The alternative would be to just pick a dps mana user. That way you are more likely to replicate a dps spell, although from what I've read this isn't great as what you actually produce is the base damage of the spell altered using your spell coefficients. For this reason I like the idea of trying to evoke a utility spell of some sort rather than a weak dps spell.

I hate leveling engineering... already did it on my shamans, but when My dks hit 85 I'm going to do it again /wrists.

When I'm not raiding im tearing up BGs or WOTLK dungeons with my Dk's and it is hilarious. The Howling Blast nerf is going to make 1 - 2 shotting a mass pack of people in AV a little harder, but we'll manage

Wasn't expecting the Gnome race change, lol...

Anyway, great video and a LOT of great information.

My only question is about the setup for the Hungering Cold bar spam.....

Couldn't you leave the other spells hotkeys the same, and only create a new one for the Obliterate button?

IE: "X" sends IWT, Assist, DPS 1,2,3,4,5,6 + Mind Freeze

"Y" sends IWT, Assist, 7,8,9,4,5,6 + Mind Freeze

Or am I missing something?

you are missing the fact that it doesn't move to next action for a bit.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Yeah. The whole point of the separate button for Hungering Cold spam is so that you get one every 3-5 seconds while everyone is still DPS'ing single target.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

i think the question refers to the extra bar for hungering cold, which also includes the other spells you have in your HB bar, ie: necrotic strike and blood strike

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    i think the question refers to the extra bar for hungering cold, which also includes the other spells you have in your HB bar, ie: necrotic strike and blood strike
    He doesn't use necrotic in bar two or spam key 2 (the hungering cold one) from what it looked like to me.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was referring too.

I changed a little bit with the pally healing setup.

I didn't like having to use 5 keys for setting the focus, since it's a personal preference. I just set up 2 Repeater Regions and have a Set Focus on Scroll Up & Clear on Scroll down, while having a few of the other abilities set.

Still getting used to the auto healing macro setup, but man it really does dish out some massive heals. Holy cow.