Close
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 54

Default Cata - Heroic Shadowfang Keep

I just downed Baron Ashbury in heroic with my 4x shaman and 1x druid tank (1 of the shaman is resto). It took me a good 10 tries to get it down.

This fight requires some perfect interrupts.

I made a macro on all my shamans that was
    /stopcasting
    /cast wind shear

and put it on round robin in ISBOXER with a .7 second "do not advance to the next step" (So I could spam it without using up all the wind shears)

you basically put your guys on the stairs and tank him at the bottom in the main room.

Anytime you see him cast anything besides his strangulate, you wind shear him immediately. You can spam the key a few times because it will only hit it once if you have it setup in ISBoxer like I have.

When he strangulates you and brings your party down to like 1 health, spam your stone claw totem and go back to DPS ing. Don't worry about healing your whole party up, the healing streams should be fine. My guys were at like 30% health almost the whole time until the boss was near 1 min hps.

Now for the hard part...
    when he closes in on 1 mil health, he turns into a demon and just AOEs everyone. So before he's near 1 mil health, make sure everyone is topped off or close to it.

Once he starts to turn into a demon, you need to cast hero and just blast the crap out of him, blow all CDs and throw a heal or two in their to make sure your group is kept alive.

If you do everything perfectly, you'll kill him. My tank died right at the end when he had like 20k left, but the dps where still all good to go.

Last edited by Kicksome : 12-17-2010 at 03:56 AM
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

thats awesome.. gratz from denmark

Just downed the second boss in heroic - he's very easy, Baron Silverlaine. It was a rare 1-shot for me.

He just summons a wargen add at 75%, 50% and 25%. Just offtank them and kill them when the come out, for the first two, then ignore the one and 25%, hit hero and burn the boss down.

Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

Just completed Heroic Shadowfang Keep. First and second bosses super easy, Springvale kind of challenging, tank him in the hallway before you get to the room so you can easily pick up the adds, put your slaves in the middle of the hallway, just eat the desecration and the flame breaths, kill the adds as they spawn so they don't heal Springvale. Fourth boss not bad, move during the green poison, stay still for the red, dodge the ice crap. Last boss is free loot, dodge the bullet thing, kill the adds as they spawn, just one chain lightning from my 3 dps shaman killed them all, cleanse the curses then loot.

Edit: I 5boxed him with a Prot Pally, Resto Shaman and 3x Elemental Shaman just in case anybody was wondering what my composition was.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Reprisal : 12-18-2010 at 08:28 PM Reason: Adding Info

Thanks for the tips Reprisal, that really helped out, and I finally finished it. Thanks!

The second to last boss was tough, I wiped 4 times or so. You really need to shake off the poison quick and keep your guys topped off.

And I also skipped the Captain guy.

But I think Shadowfang is a great heroic, and might be the easiest one to do now.

Rep and I smashed heroic SFK together then both 5 boxed it the next day. This is a very good zone for people to farm their chaos orbs for their tanks and what not.

Nice work guys, most pug's fail miserably at that fight, glad to hear some boxxers basically have it on farm.

Yeah, just one shot every boss about an hour ago. My tank now has 4 epic pieces of gear making it pretty easy, You still have to stay on the ball because it's really easy to mess up and wipe, especially on the first and fourth bosses.

I will give it a try with my team. Although my team's configuration is different from yours (prot pal, destro warlock, arcane mage, elemental shaman, disc/holy priest). 4 shamans would have more healing power with totems so hmm... could prove a challenge. Maybe I have to think about leveling more variety of classes :S

Quote Originally Posted by Reprisal View Post
    Yeah, just one shot every boss about an hour ago. My tank now has 4 epic pieces of gear making it pretty easy, You still have to stay on the ball because it's really easy to mess up and wipe, especially on the first and fourth bosses.
    Are your epics rep epics? Can you link pls?