Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Another Keyclone feature request

I'd really, really, really like some directional properties on my hotstrings, something like 'incoming, outgoing, both".

Each of your keymap files could define:

KEY HOTSTRING DIRECTION
    F1 followme outgoing
    Shift + F1 followme incoming

This example would allow any of your characters to command the other characters to follow them at anytime. Basically, you wouldn't have to set up one character as the master/leader for your group. I think it would lead to a much more natural, efficient...and most importantly, less thought inducing setup.

altho having your characters follow you would be sweet, there is no concept of 'me' when you hit a key.
    you should consider having a button for each character that essentially says 'set focus X' for each of your clones.
    then your /follow [target=focus] would work fine
    this should allow you to swap your leaders quickly

Actually, I want the functionality for a whole lot more than just a follow command. If you allowed a directional property on the hotstrings, we'd be able to better define, and then reuse, commands across the board. It would affect 95%+ of my commands. The entire multibox paradigm is that you can only control one character at a time (master), but he can give orders to others (slaves). But your hotstrings don't have any concept of this. (*And I know this isn't new info to you, I'm just laying out my case.)

When you say there is no concept of 'me'...do you mean, built into Keyclone, or that programmatically there is no feasible way to be able to determine the direction/origin of input?

In other news: I can't find the thread, but you asked about adding Synergy/Multiplicity functionality to Keyclone, I'd like to drop a vote in for that in a big way. I tried Synergy and couldn't get rid of the mouselook spinning freakout, and now Multiplicity is giving me headaches: the mouse disappears randomly and then I can't access the other PC. I'd personally offer up a $50 bounty for a that functionality. Paypal, amazon/thinkgeek wishlist, personal check, whatever.

It'd be money well spent...i have way too many utilities running: Keyclone, Multiplicity, Ideazon software for Fang gamepad, Logitech setpointe + uberMouse, G15 Keyboard Profiler, G15 LCD manager...bah! (Which may also explain my Multiplicity issues.)