Close
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Showing results 31 to 39 of 39

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    Some good ideas in this thread, I can probably build some of these ideas into ISBoxer 38.

This is something that has been on the back of my mind pretty much since ISBoxer began, and I've always felt bad about this limitation of the current system of Steps.

Thinking about various possibilities now, I think that adding an option to Steps for "manual advance only" might be an appropriate (simple to implement and understand) solution. I mean, it would be drastically simplified if it were possible to rotate through members of an ATG for your Target, but that's actually really complicated in the current codebase. (I do plan to have that for Joe Multiboxer, though.) But anyway, what I imagine is you might set this round-robin to manual advance only, and you'd have a few different ways of using the Mapped Key Step Action (currently available) to advance past the guy without an interrupt.

You can "sort of" do it right now by setting it to 900 seconds but eventually you're bound to hit that limit and automatically advance. And the manual advance only option is definitely something that feels missing from ISBoxer anyway
    Technical update on this issue (and other related issues): http://joethemultiboxer.com/2010/12/...g-for-isboxer/

In a nutshell, round-robin improvements coming, along with the ability to use things like "everyone but group X" or "members of group X who are also in group Y", "members of group X who are not in group Y", "members of both groups X and Y who are not in group Z" (limitless combinations) for Targets of any action These are relatively advanced, but for example, "tanks&paladins" is tanks who are also paladins, and "~(tanks&paladins)" is everyone BUT the tanks who are also paladins. "paladins&~healers" would be paladins who are not healers. "tanks,paladins" would include both tanks and paladins. Targets can get as complex as you want to make them, with the new operators (you can keep chaining them all you need). With the dev build of IS, and a beta of ISBoxer 38, you can type any of these into any Target box
    Last edited by Lax : 12-02-2010 at 09:34 PM
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Technical update on this issue (and other related issues): http://joethemultiboxer.com/2010/12/...g-for-isboxer/

In a nutshell, round-robin improvements coming, along with the ability to use things like "everyone but group X" or "members of group X who are also in group Y", "members of group X who are not in group Y", "members of both groups X and Y who are not in group Z" (limitless combinations) for Targets of any action These are relatively advanced, but for example, "tanks&paladins" is tanks who are also paladins, and "~(tanks&paladins)" is everyone BUT the tanks who are also paladins. "paladins&~healers" would be paladins who are not healers. "tanks,paladins" would include both tanks and paladins. Targets can get as complex as you want to make them, with the new operators (you can keep chaining them all you need). With the dev build of IS, and a beta of ISBoxer 38, you can type any of these into any Target box
    When is it due out?
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

This sounds amazing.

O
    M
    G
    !!!

When can we get ISboxer 38 beta?

For any of you who want to try ISBoxer 38 beta in its current state, come by the ISBoxer Chat Room (link is on isboxer.com, or in the bottom status bar area in ISBoxer itself) and I'll hook you up.

I'm in the middle of a bunch of other changes so you might see a few loose ends, but I've added a round-robin checkbox to Keystroke Action, WoW Macro Action, and Do Mapped Key Action to do a round-robin within its Target. So, keystrokes and wow macros have a convenient checkbox, but anything else can use the round-robin feature through a Do Mapped Key Action.

I think this will make a lot of people happy.

A few quick notes. When you use an Action Target Group, the order of the windows in it may be dependent on the order they actually join it, and when characters are added or removed from the group (e.g. using a Target Group Action), the round-robin position (next window it goes to) will probably not stay the same. That's a minor inconvenience compared to the status quo, though.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer

For any of you who want to try ISBoxer 38 beta in its current state, come by the ISBoxer Chat Room (link is on isboxer.com, or in the bottom status bar area in ISBoxer itself) and I'll hook you up.

I'm in the middle of a bunch of other changes so you might see a few loose ends, but I've added a round-robin checkbox to Keystroke Action, WoW Macro Action, and Do Mapped Key Action to do a round-robin within its Target. So, keystrokes and wow macros have a convenient checkbox, but anything else can use the round-robin feature through a Do Mapped Key Action.

I think this will make a lot of people happy.

A few quick notes. When you use an Action Target Group, the order of the windows in it may be dependent on the order they actually join it, and when characters are added or removed from the group (e.g. using a Target Group Action), the round-robin position (next window it goes to) will probably not stay the same. That's a minor inconvenience compared to the status quo, though.
    So with the new build we can setup targets for dps so we can tank 1 thing and have dps using another tanks target for dps? I am not very good with all the details of isboxer but I would like to give it a shot. I just want to be able to set other targets and still use ftl. I also need to figure out a good way for crowd control in pve. I have sheep, hex, banish, & shackle. If I could figure out a good way to automate it, I could have some bad ass cc in the 5mans.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir View Post
    So with the new build we can setup targets for dps so we can tank 1 thing and have dps using another tanks target for dps? I am not very good with all the details of isboxer but I would like to give it a shot. I just want to be able to set other targets and still use ftl. I also need to figure out a good way for crowd control in pve. I have sheep, hex, banish, & shackle. If I could figure out a good way to automate it, I could have some bad ass cc in the 5mans.
    No, nothing has been done with that yet, but I may build in a switch between targeting modes, as suggested in this thread, in ISBoxer 38's Quick Setup Wizard.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer

Blog Entries

An interim fix (player side) for off-tank assisting or crowd control could be another boxing assist method.
    We have FTL Assist.

Meaning we don't need to use our Focus, Party Leader or Target for assist.

You could have the target of FTL Assist Me, be an Action Target Group.
    Have a toggle to add/remove certain toons from this group.
    So they assist normally when in it, but not when you take them out of it.

Then use.... Their target as their CC target.
    Meaning, have the slave assist you once to acquire their CC target.
    And then hit their toggle to take them out of the FTL Assist Group.
    So now they have assisted you, acquired their CC target.
    You could probably use an isboxer warcraft macro action, which assists FTL and then returns to original target.
    And have them cast (recast) their CC at their own target, with a harm conditional.
    Something to that effect.
    Once the CC target is done, have a mapped key to add all characters (or a toggle per toon) that adds targets to the regular FTL Assist action target group.

Which leaves your Focus for secondary assisting.
    Give them a warcraft macro (or isboxer warcraft macro).
    Where if they have a focus and it is friendly, that is their assist.... /assist [@Focus,Exists,Help].
    Then whatever their spell or castsequence is for that hotkey.
    If you give them a Focus, ie off-tank to assist, then even though IS Boxer will have them target the main tank's target the macro will direct the nuke to the off-tank's target.
    You could have them Follow their focus, if it is friendly too.
    When they don't have a Focus, or the Focus is hostile, they won't assist it.

If you never had CC targets and Off-Tank assisting in the same fight.
    You could probably use Focus for each, with [harm] and [help] conditions.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Thanks for taking time out of your day to share your knowledge. Alot of people are good at boxing but you REALY know your stuff if you can teach that skill. Can you update your first post with a rollup of what everyone has inputed? and can you explain in your opening statement what this does?
    Last edited by JackBurton : 01-18-2011 at 09:01 PM
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"