Close
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Showing results 51 to 60 of 75

Fat Tire, I would appreciate if you stopped being so judgemental about people when they "self congratulate" themselves. Some of us worked really really hard to achieve what we wanted and we don't come here to brag about it, we just feel proud about our achievements and like to share. Just like a 6 year old when she's "done something by herself" and comes to mom or dad to tell her what she just did, it's not bragging it's called feeling proud about oneself. Now of course, if someone is doing that all the time, then it becomes bragging and annoying, but I don't think that's the case here.

I'm happy to see when people post 1800 or 2000 ratings, it just validates how our boxer community is growing and it's not just some one off case of success how it used to be with Ellay when he was the god, and nobody else could achieve shit. That is not healthy, it's just going to cause frustration to most people, and make them give up. But when you see a bunch of "normal" people achieving similar things then it encourages people to keep going and eventually succeed.

So to everyone else, please keep posting of your achievements and don't let pompous pricks push you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Firstcow View Post
    Fat Tire, I would appreciate if you stopped being so judgemental about people when they "self congratulate" themselves. Some of us worked really really hard to achieve what we wanted and we don't come here to brag about it, we just feel proud about our achievements and like to share. Just like a 6 year old when she's "done something by herself" and comes to mom or dad to tell her what she just did, it's not bragging it's called feeling proud about oneself. Now of course, if someone is doing that all the time, then it becomes bragging and annoying, but I don't think that's the case here.

I'm happy to see when people post 1800 or 2000 ratings, it just validates how our boxer community is growing and it's not just some one off case of success how it used to be with Ellay when he was the god, and nobody else could achieve shit. That is not healthy, it's just going to cause frustration to most people, and make them give up. But when you see a bunch of "normal" people achieving similar things then it encourages people to keep going and eventually succeed.

So to everyone else, please keep posting of your achievements and don't let pompous pricks push you down.
    Nice name calling at the end.

However, you described the analogy perfectly. It is like a 6 year old being proud and telling mommy about it. I wonder did you tell your mommy about your wow success?

When you see a bunch of people doing the same thing it is no longer special and should be considered normal. For sure I could see if you were the first to do well at a particular comp. However, most are just copying off of someone else's work.

However, its not against the rules here to post self congratulatory threads so by all means. Self validate.

I have gotten PMs about this topic so I know I am not the only one who lols about it.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 08-26-2010 at 08:39 PM

just curious, do you think my blog/goal thread is self-congratulatory and is lol material?
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=31655

I see it more like an experience sharing topic, but i'm interested in what you think about it.
    There is some 'yay me!' content in there obviously, as sometimes it feels really good to finally overcome an obstacle and we *need* to share it with others.
    .[I

meh nvm I digress

Last edited by Fat Tire : 08-26-2010 at 09:11 PM

I say congratulated or say thing at all. If we consider everthing someone else has done as the norm and ask them not to post, our forums would be empty and I would have nothing to read at work

To Fat Tire: You've probably been more involved in the forum then I have (as you can see member since 07 but only 50 posts) and most posts you see is the same old stuff, but for me and alot of other people who are not as active, alot of the posts are still new to us and help us out greatly. I know it may frustrate you but would appreciate some tolerance. Would hate for this site to become like some other sites where any newb posts/questions are meet with hostility and people become afraid to post anything.
    Last edited by smokebum : 08-26-2010 at 10:01 PM
    Duelist title in S4 boxing 5 shamans
    Duelist title in S8 boxing 4 shamans + priest

Quote Originally Posted by smokebum View Post
    Would hate for this site to become like some other sites where any newb posts/questions are meet with hostility and people become afraid to post anything.
    While your post wasn't aimed at me, I feel like replying here. The way I see it is that this site is extremely friendly for new users. I have spent a lot of time over the past half year reading many many many posts, for both advanced and brand new players. And the tolerance here towards everyone is something totally new and unseen for me (been online since early 90s). So i'd argue with you and say that there is no sign at all that it's going (or might go) into that direction.

I'd rather think that the whole thing started with shodokan's way of posting. And that that is what bothered quite some people. Justified or not, the tone of voice was kinda elitist and self centered. When that repeats itself for some time you get to the point where it starts to work on some ppl their nerves. And that is where you end up with a very negative connotation. Myself I stay out of the drama and just pick the bits that are useful to me. But i can see that not everyone is pleased with that.

In the end we all know that when a new boxer hits a milestone like clearing his first heroic and feels like posting about it, that none one is gonna give him shit like 'hey noob shut up we've seen this 2k times before). No, the reactions are always very positive, helpful and encouraging.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by smokebum View Post
    I say congratulated or say thing at all. If we consider everthing someone else has done as the norm and ask them not to post, our forums would be empty and I would have nothing to read at work

To Fat Tire: You've probably been more involved in the forum then I have (as you can see member since 07 but only 50 posts) and most posts you see is the same old stuff, but for me and alot of other people who are not as active, alot of the posts are still new to us and help us out greatly. I know it may frustrate you but would appreciate some tolerance. Would hate for this site to become like some other sites where any newb posts/questions are meet with hostility and people become afraid to post anything.

What some see as pointless, some see as gratifying.

I get it.

Lets move on.

The only thing that keeps me boxing? I don't know honestly. maybe it's so I don't have to sit in LFG queue for 15 mins a character. I really only like a few of my guys (one shaman, lock, spriest and DK tank) rest of my guys I could give two shits about. I like boxing and at the same time I hate it. I don't like the feeling that I need to do everything x 5, but I do like not having to wait for shit to happen.

I just started doing it almost two months ago. I haven't been playing world of warcraft for long either, maybe four or five months, I've got one level 80 character on a different server to where my 5 boxing team resides. I can't remember why I decided to start doing it, probably something to do with instance queues and/or wierd random people in instances. Also I want to see as much of the game as I can before it changes in cataclysm, it's much easier to do that with five characters than one. Also my characters seem to die less often while questing, I can take my time during instances and really explore them fully without being rushed by other players who've been doing it for years. I've grown quite attached to my characters as a group, but its still fun to play a single character without the team, mostly in pvp though. In game get varying degrees of abuse from people because I have five characters, I can't say I enjoy that type of attention, never a dull moment. Going forwards I can't imagine not doing this, when cataclysm comes out I'll proabably get four copies and one collectors edition, but I hope cataclysm doesn't come out for a long time.

actually now i remember, LFD with pugs is bad. I remember I got kicked from one by a bunch of icc25 equipped guys right before end boss. Probably just to piss me off because they were all from same guild and knew I was only there for the frost badge. I was complexed at first, but then I got mad and threw my keyboard.