Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 31

Default [WoW] Hellfire Ramparts

Ms Blonde boldly led the Suntrider Dogs into the armpit of the Hellfire Citadel and met with fierce resistance.

Lessons learned:
    • AoE rain of fire hurts
    • Beastmasters are immune to CC and call 2 wolves
    • Destroyers Mortal Strike and do a knockback aggro drop
    • Rippers are immune to CC and like to hide behind the clothies
    • Wolves die fast
    • 3x Destroyers will make you cry

All Sunstrider Dogs were level 60 and this is how the bosses stacked up:

Watchkeeper Gargolmar

Strategy was to sheep 1 add, kill the other add, kill sheeped add and then kill Gargolmar. Sheep got resisted or went wrong somehow. Didn't slow me down as I beat down 1 add, beat down the 2nd add and then beat down the boss. Pally had no problems tanking and keeping aggro. No healing problems and no dps problems. Flawless victory. Pally now has a breastplate that actually seems to cover some skin, amazing.

Omor the Unscarred

Strategy tank and spank. Spread out the healer and dps and made sure they were in range of Omor. Dispel macro for every character at the fingertips. In the words of Captain Jean-Luc Picard, "Engage!" The pally had no problem picking up the doggies that spawned. Curse got applied once and was removed promptly. Pally went bounce about while Omor nuked the casters a little just to liven things up. Once the pally stopped fooling around and got the old plate boots firmly back on Terra Firma aggro was easily taunted back and the life drains from the puppies and Omor's measly dps didn't hurt much. Renamed boss to Nomore the Scarred and Mswhite thanks you for her funky beads.

Nazan and Vazruden the Herald

!$!$%!#%%^$@@^%&^!%&@&!$%!$@#$%#!

1st attempt: got owned so bad it is embaressing
    2nd-10th attempt: Vazruden goes down quick. Nazan owns me quick.

I tried spreading my team out. I tried keeping them grouped. Best I did was get him down to 30%. There is just too much going on for me to stay in control. Watch for fire spit on clones. Watch for fire spit on tank. Try and keep aggro with tank. HEAL! Move healer. AoE heal. DPS. Move tank. Fie breath AAAAARRRGGGGHHH!!!!! If the tank loses aggro I have to be so quick on taunt as Vazruden will immediately fire breath on the group and drop fire spit on them. The fire spits just seems to come too often for me to adequately adjust. I barely have time to hit my key to move the group back and start a heal before the pally is getting fire breathed and standing in flames.

Better strat, fire res pots or levels needed. Nazan is a cow.

EDIT: Had Nazan and Vazruden confused.
    The Orcks of War
    Shaman Borck Zorck Dorck Porck Corck
    Mixed Team - Msblonde - Mswhite - Msblack - Msred - Msbrown -

Quote Originally Posted by 'thinus',index.php?page=Thread&postID=30031#post30 031
    Nazan and Vazruden the Herald

!$!$%!#%%^$@@^%&^!%&@&!$%!$@#$%#!

1st attempt: got owned so bad it is embaressing
    2nd-10th attempt: Nazan goes down quick. Vazruden owns me quick.
    *lol*

excellent.
    [align=center]
    Deutscher Multi-Boxing Blog mit Tutorials, Einleitungen, Hardware-Setups ....
    Klickt hier und ihr werdet erleuchtet: http://beyond-tec.blogspot.com
    [/align]

Nazan down!

Group was 61.

Strat:
    I parked the 4 clones on the bridge just out of range of the 2 mobs you need to kill before the boss engages. I used a square formation with the priest front left, warlock front right, mage back left and the hunter back right. Everyone was flush against the wall to give me maximum space to work with.

Pally engages and I down the two gaurds quickly. I target Vazruden and get ready to build quick aggro while carefully watching where the fireballs go. If a fireball does not go to my pally I quickly move my mouse to the character standing in fire and manually move them out of it (ugly, I know). Quickly mouse back to the main, heal if necessary, DPS like crazy and watch for the next fireball.

Vazruden went down before Nazan landed and I had time to pick up Nazan with the pally and start to build aggro. Nazan would still turn now and then to fireball someone else but mostly he was now firmly aggrod on the pally and I just had to keep moving everytime he flame breaths as it usually drops fire on you as well. I almost went down once or twice as the fire spit, flame breath combo does a crapload of damage.

I lost two group members late in the fight when he fireballed them but he was almost dead and I decided to just dps him down. Acceptable losses. Apologies Ms Black and Ms Red.

Buffs: Fire Resistance Aura, Fortitude, Arcane Brilliance, Blessing of Wisdom, Blood Pact and Righteous Fury on the paladin
    Pots: none (might have popped a healing potion in the heat of battle but can't recall)

Loot: fecking polearm, ah well, good for smacking non-elites around I suppose and pvp
    Also got a stamina cloak upgrade for the pally.
    The Orcks of War

I believe the trick here is to nuke the crap out of the dragon while he's in the air and get him down low before he lands...

Quote Originally Posted by 'Stabface',index.php?page=Thread&postID=31016#post 31016
    I believe the trick here is to nuke the crap out of the dragon while he's in the air and get him down low before he lands...
    I've read that strat. I didn't try it though as it would have been difficult for my tank to stay on Vazruden but all the dps to be on Nazan. I would have had to change my setup quite a bit.
    The Orcks of War

Quote Originally Posted by 'thinus',index.php?page=Thread&postID=31089#post31 089
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Stabface',index.php?page=Thread&postID=31016#post 31016
    I've read that strat. I didn't try it though as it would have been difficult for my tank to stay on Vazruden but all the dps to be on Nazan. I would have had to change my setup quite a bit.
    It really depends on your group. With my 5 shaman it was better to leave him flying because the Grounding Totems nullified anything he did in the air.
    Tamas, Inirra, Jamac, Cereixa, Tetria

http://www.youtube.com/tetriaeiou

Just an FYI for anyone leveling up, Vazruden is seriously a much harder fight than it should be at those levels, so downing him with a multi-boxing group at your level - give yourself a pat on the back
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ellay',index.php?page=Thread&postID=31297#post312 97
    Just an FYI for anyone leveling up, Vazruden is seriously a much harder fight than it should be at those levels, so downing him with a multi-boxing group at your level - give yourself a pat on the back
    I'm with Ellay on that one.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

You can split the dragon and the orc into separate pulls. Just pull the last two guards on the bridge all the way to the top. Stay out of range of the orc and nuke the dragon until he comes down. You can then rest up and kill the last guy. It takes awhile longer but is a lot less hectic. I got tons of shards doing it this way, by stealthing to him on my two druids.

Wait, you can split Vazruden and Nazan? 8|
    Where exactly do you pull the 2 guards to, in order to accomplish this?