Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Direct x10

Default Direct x10

Just curious as to when or if ISBoxer will support Direct x10 for LOTRO?

Lotro has the most amazing Graphics ive eer seen, literaly 100 times better than the crap cartoony WoW graphics, and this is only with Direct x9.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbz View Post
    Lotro has the most amazing Graphics ive eer seen, literaly 100 times better than the crap cartoony WoW graphics, and this is only with Direct x9.
    The validity of your opinion just flew out the window.

Currently there is no support for DX10, that may change, I get the feeling it's a lot of work on both Lax's end and the Inner space end.

Those LOTRO load screens are pretty bad ass, I especially enjoy them when visiting NPCs in town. Being able to travel an entire continent without a load screen in WoW is pretty immersive. Sure instancing and summon/instancing you have a load screen, but not to talk to a vendor / trainer / blacksmith / innkeeper, etc.

The textures in the game is nice (look at this guys clothing!), but its still really disparate in its layout and lighting (the guy, the house, the ground). This screen shot sample, how the guy is floating and the build is laser fine pressed into the ground. This tends to look crazy when you are traveling quickly, or when you are in the middle of many mixed objects.

They too break the immersion experience ... oh god not to mention that awful UI (ever quest bone chip looting goodness)

I'll take consistency over awkward inconsistent quality, though I love the MVP, Deeds, and of course the music system.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbz View Post
    Over 11 million people worldwide like the graphics enough to continue playing the game.

I've been working on the next-gen software, which should support DX 10 and 11. I haven't been too concerned with adding DX10 support to the current generation since there's only a handful of games that support it, and all of those also provide a DX9 option. And it'll be a lot of trouble to add it to the current generation
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

yay for giving away some tidbits at joeboxer (speculating on my part)

Thanks Lax, I know everyone who uses innerspace appreciates your efforts!