Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 17

Default Multiclass Melee team?

Hey there everyone! I've played the 4x shamans for over a year now, but haven't played much the last 4 months or so. It's just gotten boring!

So I'm thinking of 5 boxing a multiclass melee team. 4 melee w/ a healer. Was thinking DK, warrior, ret pally and enhance shaman, and priest? I really enjoy world pvp, so really I care the most about that. The new rated BGs are also what i'm looking at. I would like to do some pve, but I'm not really thinking of that right now. I haven't done much thoery crafting, but would it be viable just because it would be such a shit storm? I want to attack someone and see a line of differnt ability debuff thigns on them. Lots of buff sharing between the classes I really like. (I'm sick of being shaman in full relent/wrathful gear that has like 24k hp vs everyone else 30k+ hp. I wanna spread the HP buffs around > My idea is just put some cast sequence macros for common orders of abilities and just see what happens. Sure I will need some specific keys like the "begin combat key" that will have shaman drop totems (need that tremor totem), warrior will charge, ect, ect...

I see the most common pitfall, a frost mage. at least w/ the 4 rets you can blessing of freedom, or hand of freedom whatever it is now (i've been outa the paladin game since BC, I know they switched some stuff around) I won't have that, so man a pair of frost mages really scares me... but not enough to write off the idea I realize it will not be perfect, but neither are the shamans. When I frost shock someone, they just get it cleansed or removed somehow and easy get away(as in FFffssssssssshhhht 'round the corner (little Athene for you there lol)). If I have two to three snares on someone, much harder to get away unless a pally blessing of freedoms them. I'm also sure blessing of protection will drive me crazy haha.

I'm not so egotitical to think that I'm the first one to ever think of this. Anyone else done it? Anyone else plan on doing it? Anyone wanna try it on skullcrusher and run around w/ me? It's hard cuzz I want the team for Cata, but I also want to make as many of them goblins as I can, or perhaps one of each different race if i can do it. (It would make for some amazingly fun dance parties!)

Well that's my idea to try something that no one, or very few people have tried. This is all just running around in my mind, not sure if I'm really going to do it. I think it sounds like a lot of fun though.

Any thoughts?

(edited for adding more thoughts)
    Last edited by Gramzngunz : 06-30-2010 at 11:01 AM
    Gramzngunz (Leader)
    Gramznguns
    Gramsngunz
    Gramsnguns

Skullcrusher-Horde side :evil:

Quote Originally Posted by Gramzngunz View Post
    Hey there everyone! I've played the 4x shamans for over a year now, but haven't played much the last 4 months or so. It's just gotten boring!

So I'm thinking of 5 boxing a multiclass melee team. 4 melee w/ a healer. Was thinking DK, warrior, ret pally and enhance shaman, and priest? I really enjoy world pvp, so really I care the most about that. The new rated BGs are also what i'm looking at. I would like to do some pve, but I'm not really thinking of that right now. I haven't done much thoery crafting, but would it be viable just because it would be such a shit storm? I want to attack someone and see a line of differnt ability debuff thigns on them. Lots of buff sharing between the classes I really like. (I'm sick of being shaman in full relent/wrathful gear that has like 24k hp vs everyone else 30k+ hp. I wanna spread the HP buffs around > My idea is just put some cast sequence macros for common orders of abilities and just see what happens. Sure I will need some specific keys like the "begin combat key" that will have shaman drop totems (need that tremor totem), warrior will charge, ect, ect...

I see the most common pitfall, a frost mage. at least w/ the 4 rets you can blessing of freedom, or hand of freedom whatever it is now (i've been outa the paladin game since BC, I know they switched some stuff around) I won't have that, so man a pair of frost mages really scares me... but not enough to write off the idea I realize it will not be perfect, but neither are the shamans. When I frost shock someone, they just get it cleansed or removed somehow and easy get away(as in FFffssssssssshhhht 'round the corner (little Athene for you there lol)). If I have two to three snares on someone, much harder to get away unless a pally blessing of freedoms them. I'm also sure blessing of protection will drive me crazy haha.

I'm not so egotitical to think that I'm the first one to ever think of this. Anyone else done it? Anyone else plan on doing it? Anyone wanna try it on skullcrusher and run around w/ me? It's hard cuzz I want the team for Cata, but I also want to make as many of them goblins as I can, or perhaps one of each different race if i can do it. (It would make for some amazingly fun dance parties!)

Well that's my idea to try something that no one, or very few people have tried. This is all just running around in my mind, not sure if I'm really going to do it. I think it sounds like a lot of fun though.

Any thoughts?

(edited for adding more thoughts)
    This will change in cata. They are equalizing the hit point pools in cata so there is not such a large discrepancy.

As for mix melee, there are a number of people who have run them. Zug I think hit 2100 before boredom or carpel tunnel got him. Melee are very gear dependent, just fyi.
    ​

It's great to hear about the HP balancing. Also it's great to hear that mixed melee teams have had some success! If one of you mixed melee'ers read this and want to chat about it I'd love to hear what classes you used and how much you enjoyed it! It seems like a lot of fun and I think I just might have to give it a shot...
    Gramzngunz (Leader)
    Gramznguns
    Gramsngunz
    Gramsnguns

Basically get a dk.. then ti's grip and rip :P Very little can survive 4 melee bashing their face in with mortal strike Melee will be the most gear dependent setup you ever run though. If your gear isn't up to par don't expect great success. Takes a lot of work, but it seems to be paying off for a lot of people.

I will considure going back to boxing in cata. And then i will most likely be looking at my 4 shammys as enhancment, poping wolfs and go bananas, it looks so fun :P You could considure trying that for a change as you dont need to lvl anything. Just go get the gearing.
    Lizandra + Againstme + Againstmê + Agaînstme + Againstmë + Againstyou / The Zerg - Al'akir (EU)

The gear requirments aren't really scaring me off too much. When my shamans were crap geared they sucked real bad too. I guess by gear dependent, do you mean that Relentless set/wrathful offset w/ epic weaps. from the higher up 5 mans won't produce decent results?
    Gramzngunz (Leader)
    Gramznguns
    Gramsngunz
    Gramsnguns

Quote Originally Posted by xtobbenx View Post
    I will considure going back to boxing in cata. And then i will most likely be looking at my 4 shammys as enhancment, poping wolfs and go bananas, it looks so fun :P You could considure trying that for a change as you dont need to lvl anything. Just go get the gearing.

Yea that is a really great idea too. After I got so bored of boxing I actually regeared my front man to pvp enhancement, and I've been having a great time with it. Really regearing was a serious thought, but until cata I would still have the low HP. It is a very good suggestion and I am kinda considering it.

I still like the idea of "Team Shit Storm" and having 4 different melees swarming. I like it because it's like the anti theory craft. Instead of "for this I'll do this, when this happens I use this, ect, ect." It's more like "charge and spam DPS buttons and see what happens" ... and the multi-race dance parties.
    Gramzngunz (Leader)
    Gramznguns
    Gramsngunz
    Gramsnguns

Not to take away anything from zug. But controlling 4 melee + 1 priest , so the priest doesn't need to move while fighitng ?

While 4 other melees running around like mad, the pries stands there and heal. and that worked ok ? OR he controlled priest's individual movements.

edit: nvm. now that I think about it. he can control the preist as main. and let the melee do their thing. somehow the idea of "DK has to lead" stuck in my head
    Last edited by remanz : 06-30-2010 at 01:27 PM

Quote Originally Posted by remanz View Post
    Not to take away anything from zug. But controlling 4 melee + 1 priest , so the priest doesn't need to move while fighitng ?

While 4 other melees running around like mad, the pries stands there and heal. and that worked ok ? OR he controlled priest's individual movements.

edit: nvm. now that I think about it. he can control the preist as main. and let the melee do their thing. somehow the idea of "DK has to lead" stuck in my head
    Indeed, melee work pretty well with just IWT+CTM in a lot of cases.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

In some ways melee is easier than the caster teams since you don't have to worry about positioning and facing your target (IWT and CTM takes care of that). I don't think it's as much fun as sniping people with starfires from behind a tree, but it has been proven to work extremely well when played correctly (Kromtor).
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy