So myself and another 5-boxer decided to try our hand at building up some Ashen Verdict rep.

The run was going really well. We'd just about cleared the first room, for 435 rep, when inevitably, we tripped one of the hidden alarms.

So out we run, and we strategize our encounter with the Deathbound Ward.

We had 6 Paladins (2 Prot, 4 Ret), 4 Shamans (all Ele). What we found was some really hard to understand behaviour on the Wards part.

We decided that my friends prot would tank, with his shamans at range. Once he had the Ward positioned and faced away from the rest of the group, I'd then run in (my prot had Righteous Fury turned off), position my prot on top of his with my rets behind the Ward (on the same "side" as the Shamans).

The problem was, the Ward just refused to adhere to the tank - he kept going for my friends Shamans (which, of course, didn't last long), or for me or my Rets (who also didn't last too long). Even more strangely, one time this worked as planned and we get the Ward down to 500k health before (very unfortunately) the prot with RF up died (and my guys were below his shamans on threat).

This seems to be bound up in the Wards Saber Lash attack, but beyond that, we can't figure out why he keeps ignoring the tank. We know he's untauntable, but presumably if the tank builds up a threat lead and holds it, the Ward really ought to be never focusing on anyone but the tank..... shouldn't he?