Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Default PvP Gear for the Season 9

Talk about PVP, and non-PvP, gear you'll be using for Season 9 here!!

I think I'll be getting the Tank tier 11 set for the 4 Ret paladins on my DK + 4 Ret team. I can reforge the doge and parry into useful stats, without wasting much, the sockets are better (Tank set has 1 more blue and red instead of 2 yellows) and the set bonuses on the tank set rock for a boxer in PvP compared to the Ret set:

2Pc Ret
    +10% Templar Verdict Dmg
    4Pc Ret
    Bonus Inquisition length

2Pc Prot
    +10% Crusader strike Dmg
    4Pc Prot
    +50% Guardian of the Ancient King's duration

The Ret 2pc bonus is not very useful since boxed ret paladins use their holy power for healing more than damage, and the prot 4 pc Bonus will be crazy OP because it will make our big hit ability charge more before unleashing it's damage. The 4pc Prot bonus might get nerfed to only apply to the prot Guardian of the Ancient King's though, since that would seem the most logical.

Not sure about where to get weapons yet.

What gear solutions will you guys be using for your teams to start the season off ?
    Been here for 12 months, and just now found how to add a Signature.

I farmed up the mats for the blue crafted gear and I'm currently working on Arcaheology for Zin'Rokh. I'd rather use my Conquest points for armor than for the weapons.

Oh, and between the CoC weapon and Zin'Rokh (now that they fixed the speed) I'll get 4x crafted hammers.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Have you folks seen the Mirror of Broken Images?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=62466

Depending on how much spell penetration the average caster is going to use in PvP, this trinket could be very powerful.
    5-boxing Earthen Ring US

That trinket is a short duration ability. Since mastery only has pvp utility for some classes, I don't see this trinket used by very many.

That said, I do intend to aim for this on my DK tho, since this is a great tank trinket, and Frost DK trinket for pvp. This would be not so stellar for a Ret pally, and kinda subpar for a shammy since on use or on proc AP or SP trinkets are what enable the short duration burst, which gets us our kills.

agreed with BrothelMeister, the trinket is ok for the dk. not so good for ret paladin as mastery just adds to the proc that we don't manage too well. The idea of the proc is to use it whenever it is up "individually". We have to wait for at least 3 out of 4 paladins to have the proc or 3HP to use the skill. That, already delays and diminishes the use of the proc already. Since mastery add frost damage for DK, it is better for the DK, can also be used for blood DK.
    Last edited by remanz : 12-22-2010 at 05:43 PM

Blog Entries

Going to start with the Resilience blue set.
    Still need two Belts, then each Druid has the full set.
    Bought level 83 Polearms, as they're the best weapon I've seen/found.

Well, a couple quests until 83rd, but have full rested.
    So will be 85th in a few days.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Hurry up before they nerf feral!

I played some more arena last night. 1 game I had, I zerg 2 dps on the other team really quickly. 5 v 3, here comes the 1 feral druid + 1 healer + 1 elemental shaman. The elemental shaman just heal the feral druid also. When he turns into bear, he just doesn't go down. Meanwhile my team of 5 are eating 8k bleed per tick on all 5. When he builds up enough vengeance, he 2 shots mine.

End up losing that one. Speaking from a "non-druid" perspective, this tanking + dps in the same tree gotta go. Can't have this or it will be too op.

Quote Originally Posted by remanz View Post
    Hurry up before they nerf feral!

I played some more arena last night. 1 game I had, I zerg 2 dps on the other team really quickly. 5 v 3, here comes the 1 feral druid + 1 healer + 1 elemental shaman. The elemental shaman just heal the feral druid also. When he turns into bear, he just doesn't go down. Meanwhile my team of 5 are eating 8k bleed per tick on all 5. When he builds up enough vengeance, he 2 shots mine.

End up losing that one. Speaking from a "non-druid" perspective, this tanking + dps in the same tree gotta go. Can't have this or it will be too op.
    This has been feral for a long time, 2 specs in one tree, with the ability to heal (not well).

key is vengeance.

Without vengeance it wouldn't be a problem
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=84840

when I attack him and he doesn't die, he turns around 1 shot me.

This is true with other tanks in arena also.

BUT, they can be ignored. don't have to attack prot in arena since they don't hurt me. only feral also has a dps spec. and it does crazy dps. SO basically it is like 1 dps 1 tank as 1 person.
    Last edited by remanz : 12-22-2010 at 05:57 PM

Rated Arena Member

Prot warriors are pretty nasty if you try to leave them alone. Shockwave, Shield Slam and Colossus Smash - which is by far the biggest concern on Prot Warriors imho. Their ability to gain vengeance in ANY stance is a problem too. (Smash hurts a lot when you factor in the 100% armor pen).
    Back to Warcraft!
    Shaggir, Shaggira, Shaggire, Shaggiri, Shaggiro - 5 Shamans US-Coilfang(H)