Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 5v5 arena taccs

Default 5v5 arena taccs

Hi there. Since I dinged 85 in Cataclysm, I have been gearing my 4 shamans for the soul purpose of 5v5.

Stats:

100 k Hp
    74,3 k Mana
    2 k resilience
    28 % mastery
    17,50 % critt
    806 haste

So arena aint going great, have some good games, some bad. But all in all, I lose more then I win. So, my question is:

What healer do you guys use? What taccs are you using? What player do you go for first? You go for cloth users first? You stay close to a pillar? or do you run out in the open? Do you use Unleash elements for that increased fire dmg on your lava burst? When do you hex the opposing team?

What kind of Hex macro are you using?

Anything that could help a fellow multiboxer win more in arena would be appreciated.

Ty on advance

I haven't played arena in cataclyms yet, but what I can tell you is that experience is more important then anything. Because every game is different.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthrea...781#post282781

is a great one.

There's also some good info in the threads I linked here:
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showpost....89&postcount=8

There's a lot of info to find on the board here, it's just a bit chaotic. maybe. sometimes.

Well, I have some experience in arena with my hunter and retri paladin. But do know what spells to look out for, and what spells shamans can use in arena. But curious about other ppls take on 5s with ele shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikita View Post
    Well, I have some experience in arena with my hunter and retri paladin. But do know what spells to look out for, and what spells shamans can use in arena. But curious about other ppls take on 5s with ele shamans.
    Keep totemfarm down. Drop groundings on CD.

Spam windshear, or round robin'd or in your dpscycle.

Mass hex = ftw.

Round robin Thunderstorm, so you can use them seperate to get rid of melee. Same goes for earthbind totem. Talents in that are must have.

Purge is underrated. Very strong x 4. Cleaning people's buffs of will help a lot getting kills.

Aelli has a vid somewhere about where you should stand in each arena. You want to stay in clear line of sight of everything. So if people want to damage you, they have to come out of cover. That's extremely important. Allthough I don't know how the cast while move spell will effect this.

Try to focus on getting your first kills on a class that does not have a "Lolowned i used Def CD, so your EM is useless" Cooldown. (bubble/iceblock etc) And monitor those CD's. Most classes will very quickly use CD's to avoid getting killed. If they don't, they're an easy kill.

Take out melee first is the new Cata strat.... grounding totems will run the other team OOM

Blog Entries

Ellay mentioned in some of his earlier videos a prioritization of Damage Dealing classes, which is contrary to the typical strategy of taking out the healers first.

In arena, there are limited opposition. If a "typical" team is three DPS and two healers, taking out one of the DPS basically reduces the oppositions chance to take you out, by a very large degree.

It worked well for him.

The instructional video was titled (and I saved it as) Aelli_-_Arena_Guide.avi
    Not sure if that's what it is called on this forum or not.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

I did some arena games yesterday and it went terrible. I am playing with a resto shaman, wich has achieved 2.4k rating in 2v2 and 3v3 so he isn't a bad player.

Frost mages / frost DK teams are my worst enemy.

Ring of frost: 10 second iceblock
    DK: also iceblock for 5-10 seconds.

Its really hard even if you trinket you have a chance to end up in a icecube again. Also killing the frostmage is hard since you really need to burn him down and they usually iceblock in time.

Firemages were a pain aswell, they die quickly but they also can use iceblock to save themselves, and the fire cone that disorientates is a real pain.

I find warlocks and druids and easy first kill targets. Yesterday i had games vs. a prot warrior and he shield reflect every 5 seconds lol. I also swapped lightning shield glyph for stoneclaw. If you drop a stoneclaw totem 2 sec before the gate open, and you redrop tremor/earthbind you still have the absorbtion shield, wich absorbs around 20k-25k damage.

Also bloodthirsty/viscious set doesnt stack with set bonussus. So you can either get 2/5 viscious and 2/5 bloodthirst for +800 resil, or get a full set of one of the sets.

I am now leveling engi for the shocker, and im going to race change to goblin aswell to have an extra 30-40k damage. They dont cooldown eachother, so you can use both the gloves and the racial rocket.

Arena is tough these days, most trouble im having is with circle of frost i'd say. Also prot warriors are a pain and can get a lot of health back without a healer.

Yesterday i had an arena game vs:
    frost dk
    frost mage
    rogue
    2x druid

As soon as i killed one of their dps (feral druid) the other druid ressed him up asap. I even lost some games against:
    Retri paladin
    rogue
    frostmage
    prot warrior

5vs4 and they still owned us like 3-4 times.

I think we need some more gear, and im not sure if im keeping fullimation, since the mana u get is good, but im almost never getting more then 4-5 stacks on my lightning shield.

Any suggestions?
    Bladefist EU:
    ÖverdöseÒverdòseÓverdóseÔverdôse
    StõmpdòwnStòmpdõwnStómpdõwnStõmpdówn

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    Ellay mentioned in some of his earlier videos a prioritization of Damage Dealing classes, which is contrary to the typical strategy of taking out the healers first.

In arena, there are limited opposition. If a "typical" team is three DPS and two healers, taking out one of the DPS basically reduces the oppositions chance to take you out, by a very large degree.

It worked well for him.

The instructional video was titled (and I saved it as) Aelli_-_Arena_Guide.avi
    Not sure if that's what it is called on this forum or not.
    I agree with this assessment 100%. If you have the DPS to blow another DPS up, what is the point in targeting a healer first. If the healer has no DPS to heal, well the other team isn't going to kill you ;p

I've found the pressure from 4x HB spams to be so devastating in arena that you can put out enough damage in a matter of seconds to ultimately OOM a single healer. On the other hand my Paladin gets blown up so quickly that usually it becomes a simple DPS race ;p