Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default List of JC cuts that sell ?

Howdy folks. I'm back after taking some looonng break, and looking to get my gold supply built up again. Does anyone have a list of which rare and epic JC cuts sell well? I had one bookmarked once but can't seem to find it now.
    I know +stam +str +agi +def +sp, mostly it's the secondary color ones -- like what the heck to do with Twilight Opal and Monarch Topaz, they seem nearly worthless now? I don't have too many epic cuts yet - mostly just picking up the main ones I need for my team.

Blog Entries

For me, all of the blue, yellow and red cuts seem to sell well.
    But they don't always sell for a lot.
    Pretty much every day, there are 2-3 cuts which sell comparatively well and 2-3 cuts which sell for very little.

At this stage in sales, anything that is selling for a profit of 125g or more, I cut and list.
    And as they sell, relist another, never having more then one of each cut up at once.

Orange gems don't seem to move much.
    Green gems (have six cuts) don't move much either, but occasionally sell 3-4 in a night.
    Purple gems move slowly, maybe a gem every two days.

I'll look up specific cuts and edit this post.

Yellow/Blue/Red
    - High demand for all cuts.
    - Values fluctuate between 75g and 200g profit per gem.
    - I usually list 3-4 cuts (125g profit or higher for the day) and relist as soon as they sell.
    - Have all Yellow/Blue cuts.
    - Have these Red cuts: Bold, Delicate, Fractured, Precise, Runed.

Green
    - Forceful (a gem every 2 days).
    - Other green gems (Lambent, Opaque, Turbid, Tense)... Sporadic bursts, 3-4 gems sold in a night of one type, then no sales for 10 days.
    - Very few people list green gems, so average profit per gem is still 175g on my server.

Orange
    - Empowered/Lucent (1-2 gems between the two, per week).
    - 150g profit value, but a trickle for volume.

Purple
    - Infused/Shifting (1 gem of each per week)
    - 150g profit value, but low volume like orange.
    Last edited by Ualaa : 04-25-2010 at 06:45 PM
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    At this stage in sales, anything that is selling for a profit of 125g or more, I cut and list.

Just to show how much this will vary by server, most gems on my server (stormreaver) don't even sell for 125g anymore. Let alone 125g profit.

They are correct. Gem prices have fallen. My method is search for cuts I can make, for an amount I can make a profit. My alchemist is doing red and yellow to stockpile but most people are focusing on red at the minutes and I am making money on yellows. Know your markets.
    RAF Tour Guide files are obsolete, I went to Zygor
    MultiBoxers play with themselves

Quote Originally Posted by alcattle View Post
    They are correct. Gem prices have fallen. My method is search for cuts I can make, for an amount I can make a profit. My alchemist is doing red and yellow to stockpile but most people are focusing on red at the minutes and I am making money on yellows. Know your markets.
    This.

Also watch the AH. If the lowest is still above the normal market value and you can list 1 or two then put it up =P
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Not sure which addon but I think its auction master it lets you do a search "summary" of all the gem prices currently. I have all cuts and just cut mine to match whatever the top two or 3 of the rubies, kingamber or mj are selling for at that instant. It all changes all the time.

I also dont list more then one of each cut. I suppose as boxers we could have an alt list a cut at like 1000g or something and another list at 200g to make it look like 200g is a good deal lol ....

I dont deal in anything but those three. Its not worth the time to cut and list the other stuffs for the chump change you make.

200g profit is LONG gone..... 100g profit is a great sale now days.
    Last edited by Sam DeathWalker : 04-26-2010 at 01:14 PM

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!

Blog Entries

I'm using Quick Auctions 2, for my gem efforts.

I click the cancel button, which cancels any auction in which I'm not the lowest priced seller... provided it can relist the gem and still be within my minimum to maximum sale range.

I then empty the mailbox of gems, head back to the auctioneer npc, and click the Post button. This will post gems at 1 copper (my configured undercut value) below anyone else who is also selling gems. If no one is listing a particular gem, it lists at my maximum value... and will use the maximum value as my list price, if the market is currently below my minimum value. Also, I have it configured to go as much as 25% over my maximum value, if the lowest price is higher then my maximum.

After doing this, I click Summary. Then choose the Gem tab, and click Get Data. This scans every type of gem and gem produced item on the AH, giving me: a) How many I am listing (in green if I have the lowest price, in red if someone is selling for less then me), b) How many are listed in total, and c) What the current lowest price is for that gem type.

Anything I can make, which is selling for enough that I'm happy with the profit, I cut if I'm not listing that type of item.
    Then I hit Post.

Between battlegrounds, heroics or just periodically when I'm leveling toons... I log off the toon in Slot 2, logging my auction toon on. Hit cancel, empty the mail box, click auctions to see what has sold, cut a replacement for anything which sold, then hit Post.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Sam DeathWalker View Post
    I also dont list more then one of each cut. I suppose as boxers we could have an alt list a cut at like 1000g or something and another list at 200g to make it look like 200g is a good deal lol .....
    it's a tactic that works, but you have to include your listing fee of the expensive one here
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!